BSD and being away from home

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BigJH
    on

Hello everyone – just started the BSD due to 2 high HB1ac tests that put me in the diabetic range. The GP, having gone through the same himself, has given me 8 weeks grace before formally documenting my diagnosis. He “prescribed” the book – and I am following it, being now 5 days in.
    My question is – does anyone have any recommendations for chain or other eateries that I can make use of when away from home – my job means that I need to spend 2 days a fortnight in London. What does everyone eat when not I their house?

Cheers

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi BigJH, your doctor is correct that 8 weeks of this can completely reverse your diagnosis, although that wont be a quick fix and you will have to be careful in the longer term. Eateries are the worst. When travelling in the UK I find motorway M&S stores do ready made salads. Also, when out getting fast food with grandsons, Nandos do some lovely light chicken dishes. KFC if you take off the coating on chicken even a burger with a salad if you throw away the bun. Sorry if it sounds boring but it is only 8 weeks in the first instance. By the end of the 8 weeks you should be well on your way to recognising what a good diet looks like and even preferring it.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

BigJH – when I was travelling a lot for work (pre-Covid), I would take a variety of easy to carry things with me, such as almonds and olives, small pots of plain greek yogurt (especially if I knew my hotel room would have a mini fridge, otherwise to eat on the first day), and hard boiled eggs. Once I made a batch of the Broccoli Sandwich Bread in the recipe section (search for it in the search box above) and took that with a jar of marmite. Then I would just add anything healthy that I could find locally or that was on offer at whatever meetings I was in, such as raspberries or strawberries, or salad as s-g suggests.

Please log in or register to post a reply.