BSD 8 Week Log

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi Igorasusual
    Thanks for the comments.
    I will not get too hung up if I stick around a certain weight for a time. I feel confident that when my body has balanced itself (whatever that means!) the weight will drop again.
    I can see a big difference in my weight and am I am getting to the point where my ribs are visible and my tummy is greatly reduced. I would now call myself thin around the upper body area. I an definitely slimmer in the face.
    Although I know I still need to lose between 1 and 2st I am happy to let things fall into place over a longer period of time.
    I am aware that a 2st loss over 5 weeks is all I could have hoped for and if it slows down from this point I will not complain.
    I think it is fantastic that you have lost 26lb over 3 months. It is great to know that it is possible to lose such large amounts of weight over such a small timescale.
    Refined sugar has a lot to answer for and as more people become aware of it as an health risk the better. If you are like me the thought of sweet things I used to crave now turns my stomach and make me feel nauseous.
    All the best to you

• posted by Middleage1
    on

15/08/16

Week 6
    Day 1

Diet starting weight: 18 stone 6 pound

Weight now: 16 stone 5 pound (103.87kg)
    BMI: 26.4

• posted by Middleage1
    on

17/08/16

Week 6
    Day 3

Weight now: 16 stone 5 pound (103.87kg)
    BMI: 26.4

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Just like the Witch Of The West:

You are MELTING! MELTING!

Keep it up!

• posted by Middleage1
    on

18/08/16

Week 6
    Day 4

Weight now: 16 stone 4 pound (102.51kg)
    BMI: 26.3

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MIDDLEAGE youre three days ahead of me and have lost seven pounds more than me!
    Well done,keep up the good work.
    are you enjoying it? I am to my great surprise,i was so apprehensive about it,but now all i wish is i had started sooner! X

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Thanks PrincetonianStud
    Another few weeks and I may have arrived at the Emerald City. Hopefully I won’t need the services of the Wizard to help me lose the final bit of weight!

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi Yowzer49
    I am enjoying not being under the spell of sugar anymore. I am getting the feeling that this is the diet that can be the most easily maintained once a target weight is reached.
    Without the huge amounts of refined sugar being eaten it’s surprising how much you could eat without going over a daily allowance.
    I think like you that maybe the 5:2 diet may not be the greatest option once the weight has been lost.
    A maintenance diet that is stuck to is probably the best.
    I am using some simple rules at the moment, no bread, no pasta, no rice, no potatoes and avoiding refined sugars.
    You are doing great on this diet and I wish you all the best with your progress. X

• posted by Middleage1
    on

21/08/16

Week 6
    Day 7

Weight now: 16 stone 3 pound (102.51kg)
    BMI: 26.2

• posted by Middleage1
    on

It’s the end of week 6. I have decided only to log results after each pound I lose. The weight loss has slowed so there isn’t the need to log the results on a daily basis. The total loss so far is 2st 3lbs. (10+5+5+4+4+3).
    There are 2 official weeks to go and my target would be to reach a total loss of 2 and a half stone after the 8 weeks.
    I am still very happy with the overall weight loss and still feel confident that I will eventually reach 15st 7 lb and then push on to 14st 7 lb over a lengthier period of time.
    I have 10lb to lose to hit my first goal and I am sure this could be achieved over a period of 4 weeks at present rates of weight loss.
    Good luck to everybody.

• posted by Antigone
    on

You’re sure to reach your goal Middleage1 – job well done. It’s really useful to see how your weeks have gone.

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi Antigone
    Thanks for the reply. I seem to have lost my enthusiasm over the last few days. I had been scared to weigh myself because I have had a couple of naughty days. Not too dramatic but have been eating twice the calories that I have been used to. The last 2 days I have been good again and was pleased to have lost 2 pounds when I weighed myself today. I now just want to see my weight starting with a 15 instead of 16. All the best to you.

• posted by Middleage1
    on

25/08/16

Week 7
    Day 4

Weight now: 16 stone 1 pound (101.60kg)
    BMI: 26

• posted by Middleage1
    on

27/08/16

Week 7
    Day 6

Weight now: 16 stone (101.60kg)
    BMI: 25.8

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MIDDLEAGE that’s fabulous! You will be 15 something in no time! X

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Just 1 day left Middleage1?

You have done so well, you must be proud of your new body!

I N S P I R A T I O N A L

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Thanks Yowzer49 and Ziggy
    Yes I am a happy bunny at the moment. I am getting closer and closer to hitting a healthy weight for my height. Hopefully this should be in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

• posted by Middleage1
    on

28/08/16

Week 7
    Day 7

Weight now: 15 St 13lb (101.15Kg)
    BMI: 25.7

• posted by Middleage1
    on

It’s the end of week 7. I have lost 4 pounds this week but it has felt very disjointed. Went to pot slightly this week when I overindulged for a couple of days.
    Hopefully week 8 will be a more tranquil week.
    My 8 week log will be completed next week but it may take a couple more weeks to hit a 3 stone loss.
    I will decide after next week how to continue with my weight loss goals.
    Best wishes and good luck to everyone.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Good luck with that you LOSER!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

After the debacle with my not getting my HbA1c results – not even my BG level, I have decided to leave my GPs practice of 20+ years standing, through frustration and a lot of dissatisfaction.

So, I may have to embark on this diet or the 5:2. 4:3 to get ready for another HbA1c.

Was good doing the diet along with you – you kept my eye on the ball.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just to let you know my OH had exactly the same experience! He went back and had another blood test. Results came back …it’s the lab not getting it right not the GP that’s at faulty

• posted by PatFraser
    on

I’ve been doing this for almost a week with aiming for 800 cals a day but had little blip at the weekend at grandsons bday bbq (but still didn’t go too mad). Weighing in tom morning and hoping for a good result.
    I’ve just registered with this sight and read all your bloggs – well done!!! I hope I can do half as well. Thanks for the inspiration xx

• posted by Avila
    on

Welcome Pat,

I had a serious wobble (the family sized cheesecake was reduced to a ยฃ1….) and a few minor ones. (now starting wk5)

Most people do – you will see the benefit, whether in tomorrow’s weigh in or later, you will feel the effect of your efforts.

• posted by PatFraser
    on

Thanks – hope so. I’ve been referred for bariatric surgery and hoping that this will help so I don’t have to go down that route xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome PAT x good luck on this journey to health and fitness! Lots of support and advice on here so keep checking in! Good luck w tomorrow’s result!

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Eight week result
    05/09/16

Week 8
    Day 7

Weight now: 15 St 10lb (99.79Kg)
    BMI: 25.4

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MIDDLEAGE is that 38 lb in 8 weeks?!
    * wild applause!*
    You must be on cloud nine..thats fab..well done! But get weighed tomorrow morning and it could be even lower!

My week 8 day 7 is tomorrow and i ‘ ll get weighed wed morning..so far have lost 30 lb..hope to have shed another pound or two since last time i got weighed ( 2nd SEpt) xx

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi
    Well the eight weeks has come to an end. I meant to write up the final result yesterday but I have felt really tired over the last few days. The weight loss over the last eight weeks has been 2st 10lb. I am very happy with this.
    I would still like to lose another stone but have decided to migrate to a maintenance diet but with the intention of slowly losing the remaining weight.
    I will carry on with the Mediterranean diet but double my calories to 1600 a day and see how it goes. This should allow me an healthy regime but also to lose weight over time.
    The only other note of significance is an holiday to Spain for a fortnight in three weeks time. This is a case of seeing the Mediterranean but may not be necessarily sticking to the Mediterranean diet.
    My holidays are limited and is one of the few occasions when I will doing things like drink alcohol and maybe indulge in more calories than is good for me.
    The next holiday after this will be March 2017 so I intend to enjoy myself!.
    Best wishes to everyone who has supported my efforts and I hope every one of you hits your goals.

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi Yowser49
    It is 34lb over 8 weeks. Good luck with your week 8 day 7 weigh in. It looks like you will be close to the 34lb loss as well. That’s absolutely fantastic. Good luck with the future and I hope that you reach whatever goals you may set.
    All the best.

• posted by Middleage1
    on

Hi Ziggy
    Same here. it has been good tracking each other week to week. I haven’t had any medical tests done during this diet but I know that you have had a pretty traumatic time. I think you have done the right thing leaving your current GP. I wish you the best and hope you find a more accommodating and understanding GP.
    Cheers.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done everyone!
    If you need more support come and join us on the ‘2nd 8 weeks … ‘ thread

• posted by karenv
    on

Hi there Middleage1 ๐Ÿ™‚

Just saw your 8 week results – wow – that is such a fantastic result! It is very inspiring and you must be very pleased after all your hard work. I love reading stories like yours as they are so inspirational and encourage me to keep going, as this diet really does work ๐Ÿ™‚

Congratulations, good luck with moving to a higher cal Med diet and hope you have a great holiday, well done!

Karen ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.