BSD: 10 days to go. What next ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PGTipsplease
    on

Hi All

Here i am day 46 out of the 56 day BSD. Its been a challenge but really worth while.

My question is:- Whats next when the 56 days are up.

Looks like its the new 5:2 Med diet. Is there a specific recipe book for this diet ?

Any help any guidance would be appreciated.

Paul

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi PGTipsplease – welcome to the forum. Well done on sticking to this new way of eating for 46 days.
    There are a few options for you – some people who reached their goal and are now maintaining carried on with the 800 calories until they reached their goal – others switched to the 5:2 and then the Mediterranean low carb way of eating for maintenance. I started on 1 Jan this year on the 800 calories and followed it for 10 weeks; I struggled a bit and have now started on the 800 calories again. It is OK to keep doing 800 calories if it suits you – but you may want to increase the calories after the 8 weeks, but important to stick to the low carbs.
    I haven’t used a recipe book – there are some recipes on this site which may be of interest to you. I make up my own recipes – just keep within the calorie and carb content. If you haven’t yet had a chance to look through some of the other threads – there are people at different stages of their journey and I have found it helpful learning and being inspired by other people’s stories and some of the challenges are good motivation to keep going – a new one started today.

Best of luck with your journey and let us know how you’re getting on.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi PGTips – firstly, great that you have come this far and are nearing the end of your 8wks. Could I advise you to take a look at the ‘After reaching Target’ thread, where lots of maintainers using differing approaches share advice and information. Some have moved on to 5:2 or the Med approach, and some of us are keeping low carb but increasing calories. If you still have weight to shift, there is no reason not to continue on the 800 plan, but if you want to take a break before doing another round, by all means take one, but be sure to observe the BSD principles in the meantime.

• posted by PGTipsplease
    on

Hi Gattina

Thank you for giving me your thoughts. Staying on the 800 cals is an option, i would imagine staying away from carbs and following the 5:2 Med diet, it is difficult to increase you cal intake.

Paul

• posted by PGTipsplease
    on

Hi Sunny

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Will take a look at that thread

Paul

Please log in or register to post a reply.