Bread allowance on maintenance

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lorelle01
    on

I’m now down to an appropriate weight after completing the 8 weeks.
    If I make my own bread using the recipes in the BSD recipe book, can I afford to eat 1 slice a day?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi There, well done on completing the 8 weeks and getting to the weight you wanted. As for the bread, it rather depends on several things including whether you are diabetic or not. If you are i would avoid bread completely and only have it as a rare treat. As i found to my cost on holiday just one portion of a starchy carbs sent my blood glucose into orbit. If you are not diabetic you have to decide if you can eat one slice a day and (a) not regain the weight or (b) if it will set you off with carb cravings. I would just safe it for now and then and not get back into a regular dose of what we know to be the main cause of weight gain – along with potatoes, rice, pasta etc etc.

• posted by Lorelle01
    on

I’m not diabetic, just wanted to lose weight & support my husband in getting to a heathy weight. Great sensible advice……thank you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.