Books on Mindfulnes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

I’ve not paid as much attention to mindfulness as I might have done considering I do get rather stressed at times. I have looked online, including the Palouse free course suggested by JackieWilsonSaid but I didn’t have the patience to get past the initial videos, I’m afraid.

However, I have just come across a couple of publications which interested me:

1) “The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace” by Dr Patrizia Collard. Seems to be in nice bite size chunks that I can handle, and does include sections on eating. I purchased the Kindle edition.

2) “A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled” by Ruby Wax (yes, that Ruby Wax). This seems to have been well received, being humorous as well as informative. Ruby Wax has a Masters degree in mindfulness-based cognitive therapy so she should know what she’s talking about. I’m looking forward to reading it.

• posted by RainyMonday
    on

Hi Rozy,

I didn’t know that about Ruby Wax’s background. Thanks for the recommendation- the book sounds interesting and I will have a read.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Ruby Wax suffers from depression and I believe promotes better understanding. Think the blurb on Amazon said she’d been awarded an OBE for her work on mental health issues. It’s strange but I never really took to her as a stand-up comedian. Anyway, I’m hopeful I will find her book to be readable when I get it.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I invested in a couple of books on mindfulness today, one was a calendar style book called ‘everyday mindfulness’ which gives an exercise or related quote for every day of the year. The other is called ‘into the heart of mindfulness’ by Ed Halliwell. He uses his own experiences as inspiration according to the blurb, which sound like an interesting read.

• posted by rubber
    on

When I first started with meditation, a book that really helped me understand it was 10% Happier by Dan Harris.

• posted by Yorkshirebloke
    on

Anything by Eckhart Tolle or Deepak Chopra.

• posted by littlepony
    on

I have read “The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace” by Dr Patrizia Collard a nice one really

• posted by Krista77
    on

Thanks for advice! I was looking for some useful book to reading, probably I’ll go and find A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled.

Please log in or register to post a reply.