bmr and tdee explain

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hopetobeslim777
    on

just did my calculating on 5.2 and are as follows

BMI………………………33.4
    BMR……………………..1609cls
    TDEE…………………….2212 cls what does bmr and tdee mean

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

BMR is basal metabolic rate, or what your body uses just keeping going, without any exercise etc. TDEE is total daily energy expenditure which is what your body uses including the exercise etc. These will decrease as you lose weight so need to be recalculated at various milestones, or faster weight loss can be obtained by calculating now for your target BMI, and using those as your basis for 5:2. One advantage of doing this is you get used to your eventual healthy portion sizes early.

on

Thanks so if i was doing either diets is tdee how many cls I should b eating per day

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

On 5:2 I think you eat TDEE on your non fast days, and 1/4 of TDEE on fast days. If you wanted to use your current calculations that would be 2200 on non fast days and 550 on fast days. If you want to use your target BMI instead I would guess it would be more like 1800 calories / 450 calories. If you want to use the BSD version of 5:2 then increase fast day to 800 calories, but leave TDEE the same.

on

thank you for that info, dday tomorr think im gonna start the 800 bsd cos had good results and cutting out the carbs worked for me

Please log in or register to post a reply.