Blood sugar under control….then increased

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by stewartmcdonald1
    on

I followed the diet (and exercise regime) pretty much religiously for 8 weeks. Christmas came along and I let go a bit, but not that badly.

Blood sugar levels fell dramatically during the 8 weeks and I lost 10Kg, though I wasn’t all that overweight to start with (5ft 8ins, was 80KG)
    Trouble is…even though I am still being super careful, my reading have moved from an average of 5 to 6, up to 7 to 8.

I cant understand why….not much has changed in terms of diet or exercise…has anyone else experienced this?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I should imagine Christmas and New Year has something to do with it. Before Christmas my morning readings were between 4.5 and 5.5, then by the 20th December with a couple of meals out but still not eating carbs they went up to 5.0 to 5.6. By the time Christmas had been and gone they were around 6.9 to 7.7 with one day hitting 8.8. The odd chocolate, a sweetish drink, oh go on then just one mince pie and suddenly it has gone out of whack. It will only take a week or two to get it back down but it is not a quick fix. I have had to increase my insulin from 24 units to 29 and it is still coming down slowly. I hope to be back on track by the beginning of next week and then I might think about reducing the insulin by a unit every 4 or 5 days. Slowly, slowly does it and dont worry, you know it works.

Please log in or register to post a reply.