Beginner's Euphoria

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by vjc2270
    on

Ok, so it’s still early days for me, but I have to say that – so far – I am loving myself sick on the BSD!! I’ve never found a diet I could stick to before, basically because I’m a bit of a foodie. I’ve tried them all over the years: meal replacement biscuits/shakes, unimaginative pre-packed meals in microscopic portions, two days on nothing but bananas/cheese/magical fat-burning soup or whatever… BAM! I’d hit my – admittedly low – boredom threshold and it was farewell, good intentions! This diet, however, positively encourages experimentation with all sorts of interesting and delicious things, which also happen to be my favourite things; namely proteins and vegetables. I tend to be one of those people who doesn’t snack, but can overeat at meals once I get started. I have to say that I’m yet to end a BSD meal feeling hungry – in fact, last night I didn’t think I’d be able to finish my dinner because there was just so much on the plate! Ok, most of it was steamed kale, cauliflower and asparagus, but it was a LOT. I’d also had a big breakfast – grilled field mushroom, cherry tomatoes, spinach and poached egg – from the 5:2 diet recipe book. By the end of the day, I’d only had 609 calories and had to have a low-fat yoghurt pouch (127 cals) to get to around 800! And my carbs for the day? Only 63g. Unbelievable. I wasn’t tired or hungry, even though I’d been for a run at lunchtime and had burnt an additional 337 cals. I daresay it will get harder as I go on and am tempted by the things I miss (wine, for example, and enormous bowls of rice!) but so far it’s been awesome and I’ve already dropped a kg. I imagine it would be much, much harder for someone with a sweet tooth who isn’t keen on vegetables, so I count myself very lucky. Have I finally found the elusive Holy Grail – a diet that actually works for me?? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by mrscrimbo
    on

I think you may have found the greatest diet ever, one that delivers fast weight loss without suffering awful hunger or deprivation. We were expecting all kinds of desperate craving for spuds and sweets but even baked beans taste horribly sweet after a few days. Good luck on your journey, you may find weight loss slows after the first 4 weeks but you will still lose and the other benefits will help you keep going. There is always someone on here with a cheery word or a recipe or some encouragement if you need it. Welcome to your new healthier life!
    ps the not feeling hungry is very weird isn’t it?

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

Your story could have been mine ๐Ÿ™‚ Tried everything/foodie/no snacks but overeat at meals etc
    So far, I feel so much more positive than I ever have about this approach and feeling really optimistic about it. Feels great to lose some kilos and anticipate a different way ahead

OP

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi ON Phone, Mrs Crimbo, vjc, I think we all feel the same!! Only diet which has worked for me. Almost 2 and half stones gone, as my GP said today now a very normal BMI of 22.4. I’m over the moon! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone.

Yes, only diet that’s worked for me and is sustainable.

2.5 stone gone, BMI down from 40.9 to 34.3. Still a long way ( 3.5 to 4 stone) to go, but the journey has started ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi all
    The same for me I have tried them all, even weight loss tablets, surprise surprise they didn’t work!! I have been on the BSD for three weeks now and lost 16lb and I have tried foods I wouldn’t of even looked at. It took me awhile to get my head around the full fat foods. I am so happy I saw the book on Amazon. Good luck to everyone on this forum with our continued success. X

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Sharon WOW – great weight loss – over a stone in THREE weeks! This diet is amazing isn’t it? ๐Ÿ™‚ It is hard to get your head round full fat foods at first isn’t it?

• posted by Sharon
    on

Thanks hashimoto
    Yes I am very pleased, just have another 6or 7stone to go but I really think I can do it on this new way of eating. This forum really helps and I love reading the messages of support and encouragement on here, just wish I had found the BSD earlier! I have even started using the gym!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.