BBC tonight….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Avila
    on

Over on BBC Wales http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xwstx

will be available soon. Not BSD but low carb high fat eating, way over the calories. Mix of views, though the anti carb examples do look healthier that the example from the Dr of an obesity clinic who said it was a rubbish idea and dangerous and unsustainable….. a throw something at the telly moment.

Then Panorama looking at Type 2 diabetes – not caught up on that yet.

Any thoughts from other watchers?

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks avila, will take a look after the news

• posted by Avila
    on

Panorama –

Is it just me or are the 2 going for bariatric surgery not that big? As in like a lot of us here.

Children with Type 2 and gout is scary.

Mind you how much have the trailblazers here saved the NHS over the next 20 years or whenever?

• posted by Frog
    on

wow – that lobster in the welsh one
    I want it now!

the diet that the presenter followed didn’t appear to have any calorie restrictions – only carbs – still lost a considerable amount or weight though. I thought it was odd that they only looked at cholesterol from bloods – maybe he didn’t have any other issues. Foing a full suite of blood tests would have made more of a point.
    I don’t really think of BSD as high fat; it is in terms of the calories that come from fat, but not in terms of the amount of fat consumed.

Its late – panorama tomorrow

thanks for highlighting them Avila

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Avila

Us old-timers commented months ago on how much money we were saving the NHS. And that was only on drug prescriptions! After watching Panorama last night the amount we are saving the NHS must be massive.

We hear so many comments that 800 calories is too low, but the woman who had bariatric surgery had a meal of 6 teaspoons of soup!

Many years ago I was seeing my mother’s surgeon (who also performed bariatric surgery – not what she was having) and each time he saw me, it seemed he was looking at me as a prospective patient – so I wrapped my coat round me, thinking there was no way I would do that – I’d seen some of his patients post-op😱 Wish he could see me now 😃

Please log in or register to post a reply.