Average weight loss week one

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bobbi1
    on

I would love to hear your weight losses week one please? I have lost 4lb in 3 days but today nothing! Is that normal?

• posted by Fr0d0
    on

Yes.
    You need to average over 12 days to get an accurate trend. Lots of things can effect weight, like the amount of water your body holds.
    There’s an app called Libra for Android phones that does this for you.

• posted by BeanSprout
    on

Friend of mine is eating only porridge in morning and 5 Weetbix for next 24 hours!!!!! Is this ok?

• posted by alliecat
    on

No, Beansprout, it isn’t…You are right to be concerned about your friend. What she is doing is a
    semi starvation, carb loaded disaster of a regimen, totally lacking in basic nutrition. Please
    consider lending her Mosley’s book. How are you doing?

• posted by Violinist
    on

Alliecat, your are the best!

• posted by BeanSprout
    on

Thanks Allie, I’ve sent her a text and a stern warning!
    Only 1.5kg so far but I’m only 6 days in and not feeling despondent but I do know I need to increase my water intake. Only averaging about 750ml but drinking plenty of black tea other low-cal/no cal drinks.
    How have you been doing this week?

• posted by Bobbi1
    on

Beansprout I would be like a pig in you know what if I could eat porridge and weetabix all week. I love my weetabix so much but I have soya milk these days. The book is great but the longer I stay on the diet the more confused I get with carbs etc, I do not have the time to worry too much about my carb intake each day, as long as I am using the recipes and having a vague idea what I can and cannot eat, I have been using all the recipes in the book and varying them a little as I do not always have the ingredients they do. I am also slightly over the 800 each day I am sure…maybe 850 max and I have lost 5.4lb since Monday. I have no more than a stone to lose. Good luck.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re a kind and caring friend, Bean! I sincerely hope that your friend is only doing this short term. She’s blessed
    to have you in your corner ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m happy to see you doing so well. The first two weeks are the hardest, so hang in there!
    I think weight loss of .5lb a day is great…Our bodies all react differently, so try your best not to make comparisons.
    This program is miraculous, and will see you reaching all of your goals if you stick with it. Lots of support and
    help here, so stay in touch. ๐Ÿ™‚ I just love your username, by the way! Enjoy the weekend..I hope that you’re out of
    range for the UK snow squalls! I’m a New Englander, so they’re a fact of life for me. Best,

Allie

• posted by BeanSprout
    on

Wow Bobbi! You don’t have a massive amount to lose but we all understand the ‘numbers’ are just as important to you. 5.4 lbs is an excellent amount, good on ya! I vary the recipes to suit myself too so my loss is going to be a little slower than most folks who can really discipline themselves but we’re all on the same journey … little by little and let’s not hammer ourselves if we slip up! I’m not going to and neither should any of us. We just need to do our best on the day and that’s all ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep on truckin’ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by BeanSprout
    on

Hey Allie! Thanks so much for your feedback:)
    I’m in Australia .. sadly a lot of this beautiful country is currently on fire and there’s a lot of flood happening on the east coast. And yet we still have global warming sceptics! Hope you’re managing to get around alright and staying warm over there, the news tells me there are a lot of folks suffering terribly due to the polar vortex.
    I have family and friends in the UK and it’s not good there either ๐Ÿ™
    I started my post to you and lost it when I went to another URL searching for confirmation of an author’s recipe for low carb crackers so before I leave, please find below if you’re interested. I spent some time this afternoon making the Bagel mixture in the recipe from ingredients I could find in the supermarket here because we don’t have that particular brand name. Also couldn’t find black sesame seeds, so I toasted some white ones. They didn’t turn black of course but they turned a touch brown and some of their oil escaped. But that’s fine. I’ll make the crackers tomorrow.
    https://thenovicechefblog.com/low-carb-crackers/

And a little reminder to all that, if you post recipes/text from someone else’s site, please do the right thing and acknowledge the original author
    Keep well and and I want to say to you all “You’re a loser”! In the best possible way ( and acknowlegement to that fab Beatles song too!)

• posted by Bobbi1
    on

Thank you. I am very pleased. Today is a week since I started and total is 5.3 pounds. I am sure it will slow down over the next week or so but will plod on. Lots of luck with your diet. I think it is great you are adapting to suit as it can drag you down dieting amd you need to be eating a balanced diet and be happy and still look forward to what you are eating. Keep us posted.

Please log in or register to post a reply.