Australians – Channel 7 Sunday night, diet, diabetes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Hi, for those of us in Australia, tomorrow night the Sunday Night show on channel 7 has a segment on treating diabetes with diet, and in the promo Dr. Mosley was mentioned.

I know these shows are usually pretty superficial, but it might be interesting.

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

I watched the segment on the Sunday Night show. They took three overweight Australians, two men and one woman, all diagnosed with diabetes or pre diabetes and will have them trialling three different diets.

One man will be using the paleo diet of low carb, healthy fat, the young woman will use the low glycemic diet and the third will be on the 800 calorie blood sugar diet. The show will be following their progress over the coming weeks, so not sure how long I’ll have to wait to find out how they fare.

It was sad on so many levels to see the woman’s young children crying as they got rid of all the high sugar, high glycemic foods. Biscuits, cordials, fruit juices. It’s going to be a tough challenge because their preferred meals were drive through take away, but hopefully they can all turn their lives around.

Please log in or register to post a reply.