August 2022 interim or new to Fast 800 ? One week at a time beg 9th August 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I’m just keeping the thread going for now , folks as I don’t want it to disappear but to be honest I can’t really focus properly at the moment . I am finding it difficult to re start my fasting schedule ( well done Sunny B !!!)

I have to discard my excess UK baggage for starters and then get back into the zone.It will happen .

Please continue to contribute where you can , enjoy your holidays if you are having a break.

Take care in the sun if you are in the Northern Hemisphere. It’s very intense here and we are in desperate need of rain.

SG , so glad the wedding went well .Enjoy the rest of your stay and those special family moments .

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hopefully we can all get back to it in a few weeks ?

Wendleg/Wendy
    Sunshine-girl
    SunnyB
    Florab85/Lauren
    Tulip1/Clare
    Verano
    Elle-Mae
    WindyJulz
    Natalie
    RubyG
    Onestep
    Slimmingruby
    FlowersForever
    Jess213
    OriginalMurrayMint
    Mrs H22/Laura
    HopefulinOz
    DaisyWalsh
    Russianroulade
    arcticfox
    Californiagirl
    sixturkeys
    CeciliaFW
    C9018
    Riccoh

• posted by SunnyB
    on

For those that are looking for somewhere to find encouragement, support, advice or to rant, this is the thread for you. Whilst Wendy and SunshineGirl are unavailable, I’ll do my best to step up and offer what help I can.

I hope that those of you who posted last week, found some success for your efforts. I can report that I have managed to get back into the right stone band, with a few pounds left to deal with to get back to target. Really encouraged by this, as I still have over a month to get there.

I’m currently 23hrs into another extended fast, hopefully it will set me up well for the rest of the week. It’s going to get sticky later on, as we are dining out on Thursday and entertaining through the weekend. Will do my best to keep things in control where I can though, so 🤞🏻I can get through it without skipping back up into the wrong stone band again.

Hope you all have a good week.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all I’m here in the background, Wendy I’ll think on your question re cholesterol ie how best to put it, brain feels like mash potato at the moment, just had a very very emotional and deep conversation about future with my husband and it’s worn me out

L

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Managed 47hrs on my fast, which I’m very happy with. Modest meal this evening to break fast.

Planning another fast from next Sunday evening too, as this pattern is proving very helpful in edging me closer to my desired goal.

Hope you have all managed good BSD chosen today. Drop in and let us know how you’re doing.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Morning all stalwarts 🙂
    I am still here, also lurking in the shadows.
    Hubby has his follow-up blood tests tomorrow, hope his cholesterol is more “acceptable” than it was in the first week of January.
    I braved the scales this morning, 12st 3.8lb and feeling the extra pounds on my upper arms and around my hips and thighs, as usual.
    I am not in a good place at the moment, far too much going on in my head to concentrate on planning and tracking, so I am keeping to the basics of eggs for breakfast, with some greens (if I feel like breakfast), a veggie soup or a salad for lunch, and some lean protein with green veg or a salad for supper, milk kefir and a Brazil nut, and no in-between snacks.
    We are fortunate to be harvesting various green veg from the raised beds at the moment, so the food is fresh, tasty and interesting, I am just not weighing or tracking what we eat.
    BUT – we are hanging on………….

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, 🤞🏻your hubby’s blood tests are all okay. It sounds like you are doing the best you can at the moment, you’re making good BSD choices which will stand you in good steady for when you’re ready to start tracking again, so don’t be tough on yourself.

Having the right mindset is so important. I’ve only recently managed to get that sorted to make a full return to BSD myself, so empathise with that feeling of knowing – and even wanting – to get back on track, but just not being able to prioritise it.

Anyway, for those who are struggling for whatever reason, just do what you can. Try to make good food choices whenever you can and be kind to yourselves.

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Hi all, I’m back. I hope you are all doing well.
    I won’t go into too much detail because, well – internet – but we have had a really horrible and deeply upsetting couple of weeks in our family after some very unexpected news, and needless to say food planning has not been a priority. Emotional eating of absolute crap definitely occurred at times, and there have been a lot of sleepless nights, but it is what it is. Anyway, I will get back into the swing of things soon. I haven’t had a chance yet to go back and read the past couple of weeks posts, but it sounds like things have been a bit quiet. For all of those who went travelling and have had amazing family events, I hope you had safe travels and came back with many amazing memories xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hopeful, really sorry things are so difficult for you right now. It’s most important that you are gentle and kind to yourself at the moment, so don’t pressurise yourself with full-on BSD for now. Just try to make good choices when you can, but don’t beat yourself up if there are slips and trips along the way. We’ll be here when you’re ready to get back to things properly, or indeed, if you just want to rant or vent. Either way, you know how to find us. Big hugs 🫂

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Thanks, Sunny – I really appreciate it. I definitely need to make better choices, because eating the foods that I know make me put on weight certainly don’t make anything better. Today is a new day xxxx

• posted by florob85
    on

Hopeful please know we’re here for you! Even if mostly on the other side of the globe, please feel free to WhatsApp me if you want a chat or vent or whatever – that goes for anyone else – my number in not so subtle code is:

Zero
    Seven
    Seven
    Two
    Five
    Five
    Two
    Eight
    Zero
    Four
    Seven

I’m not going to lie and say I’ve been making good choices this week, I haven’t! At all. But I have been crying A LOT so who knows I might have lost some weight.

Back on the plan tomorrow. Going to do it this time.

Lauren x

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Thank you beautiful Lauren. I don’t have WhatsApp (I am so behind the times) but I might well get my husband to show me how to message you through it! Sounds like we have been a match – lots of tears, not entirely ‘on plan’ and the goal of getting back on plan soon. I will get in touch xxx

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

Hi Lauren – I did try but I think I need the country code at the start?

• posted by florob85
    on

Hopeful you made me laugh this morning which is quite an achievement (I lost my absolute s*** on a colleague last night – who is a completely useless waste of space and has pushed me to my absolute limit but probably didn’t deserve the full wrath of Lauren, maybe 75% of it)

Country code will be 0044 or +44 – remove the first zero and add the rest of my number after it

Or find me on Facebook- Lauren Bradshaw – I don’t go on there often but I do use the messenger thingy 😂

Or if you can crack the code, here’s my email in the phonetic alphabet 😂

Lima
    Foxtrot
    Sierra
    Papa
    Uniform
    Romeo
    Lima
    India
    November
    Golf
    @
    Golf
    Oscar
    Oscar
    Golf
    Lima
    Echo
    Mike
    Alpha
    India
    Lima
    Charlie
    Oscar
    Mike

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi All,
    I’ve just been checking in and reading posts now and then. Not felt much like posting. We’ve been in an extended period of hot weather and that always seems to throw me off track a bit. I can’t wait for cooler weather so I can start cooking again.
    Lauren, I had to chuckle at you losing it with your colleague, as I did exactly that earlier this week with my two colleagues who are useless wastes of space. Well, one is, the other has some technical skills that are useful, but they are both so unambitious and lazy and it all came to a head over a discussion about continuing professional development. My position requires me to be part of a professional body and I have to do 40+ hours per year, which can be a lot. My two colleagues are required to do nothing and that’s pretty much what they’ve done. I told the most useless one who has been around the longest that he’s been riding my coattails for 9 years now and that it’s not fair and I’m fed up with it. Anyway I doubt either of them has given it much thought since but I have as I always do tend to ruminate over things after I’ve stood up for myself.
    Now we’ve just found out that we are going on strike as early as Monday. Hopefully it will be a short one, but the employer is acting like they don’t care if we all just leave to get a better paid positions elsewhere (of which there are plenty available), so maybe not. I may have to go back to OMAD or intermittent fasting just to save a bit of money!

• posted by florob85
    on

Arctic fox I’m in a professional body too and have to do CPD so I get it! The sad thing is so is this schmuck! Seems to matter less to him!! He got all huffy and defensive and “I’m sorry you feel like that but I’ve been working flat out to get this marking done since Monday” – so I listed what his flat out looks like against mine:

Mine since Monday –
    Marked 53 pieces of work
    Completed a massive mapping project
    Arranged an event for September
    Gave pastoral care to about 29 students
    Consulted on two curriculum projects
    Covered 2 peoples annual leave admin
    All while having a literal nervous breakdown, crying pretty much constantly, fitting in three therapy appointments and watching as my fledgling marriage sort of imploded round me.

His flat out
    Marked 20 assignments.

I then reminded him I could see the time stamps on his marking, so I KNOW he hasn’t been working flat out.

I then also reminded him that the one thing I said to him on Monday I couldn’t tolerate, was lack of communication. He didn’t communicate with me. And therefore I lost my s***.

He hasn’t responded since. Did do some marking at 11.49pm Friday night though.

Lauren

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We’re close to starting a new weekly thread, but thought I’d just drop in to say that after an indulgent weekend, my scales reading was up 2.5lb. Have tackled that with an OMAD day today and starting an extended fast this evening. Planning to do another 40+ hours, will just see how things go.

Watch out fir the new thread folks. I think Wendy will set it up, but I’ll check with her just in case.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The new weekly thread is now available and we’ll look forward to seeing you over there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.