App recommendations

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gypsymoth
    on

Hi

I’m using the Carbs and Cals app to record what I eat and my exercise. However, some of the data is limited and I question some of the calorie values. For example, does have a figure for chicken thighs, yet has figures for loads of takeaway chicken meals that obviously i’m not interested in. In addition, the calorie figures for say 2 chicken thighs are much less than what the app says for a single, skinless chicken breast.

Can anyone recommend an alternative please?

Thanks!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I might be the slightly heretical one here…I started in Jan 2019, lots of blips, no counting, no exercise, but now still 2 stone down. Still some way to go to what I want to get to (which is not where I was in my younger years!). I will have a chicken breast or chicken thighs, what I fancy, I do think it is what is on the side of the plate! This is just me! I put on all my real excess weight over say last 7 years and seeing what has happened over last 4 months, notwithstanding the odd sabotage, is testament to effect of carbs I think. Now I just need a magic abdo toner!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I use fatsecret

• posted by Verano
    on

I also use Fatsecret but none of these calorie/carb counters are 100% accurate. I can never understand how broccoli or strawberries, for example, have different values depending on the supermarket ….. surely a strawberry is a strawberry!
    I think these apps are a great guide and if you use the same one consistently then you should be fine.
    By the way, it’s the carbs that are the most important element of this way of eating.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

I use MyFitnessPal and that too has plenty of inconsistencies. If something really seems way off I check the results with google.

Please log in or register to post a reply.