Anyone out there struggling?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mrsjaffa13
    on

Hi everyone, I completed two weeks and then had an op and went off the rails, am now back on track but struggling and feeling hungry! Have just eaten some sugar free mint gum to stop me reaching for the chocolate! I have lost 12 lbs so far and need to lose another 21 lbs so want to keep going. Any tips for meals that keep you full for long, am fine with breakfast but lunch is hard as run out of ideas!

Also strange but weight hasn’t gone from my middle yet , but everywhere else! 🍴

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mrsjaffa13
    Okay, well firstly you’ve done well so far, 12lb in 2 weeks is a great result. However, if your surgery was recent and you are still technically recovering, you should probably be kind to yourself and not try to do the 800cals per day immediately. If this is the case, maybe in the short term, rather than trying to follow the 800 cals a day, how about just keeping an eye on your carb in take, keeping it around 50g per day and eat plenty of protein rich foods, good fats and fresh veggies. The protein and fat will help you to feel fuller longer. By keeping carbs low, you will probably lose some weight anyway.

As for lunch ideas, take a peek at the ‘what have you eaten today?’ thread, where people post what they have been indulging in. Meanwhile a few ideas are, omelette (can have with various fillings), gem lettuce leafs with various toppings – cheese, smoked salmon, cold meats etc, coconut flour pancakes with toppings – could be savour with cheese or meat, or sweet with fruit and yogurt, but there are lots more ideas on the thread. Always use full fat yogurt by the way and be sure to weigh/measure everything

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

What sunnyb said! Your body is still healing so don’t be too strict with your calories. If you keep your carbs under 50g you should still lose fat.

• posted by Mrsjaffa13
    on

Thank you both , that’s brilliant advice, and I will have a look at the other thread 😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.