Any TOFIs out there? Worked I might be losing too much weight.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lachlanh
    on

Hi all

Just wondering if there are any other TOFIs (thin outside fat inside) pu there on this diet. I am a 5.7 man and only weighed 10 stone 5 lbs when I started the diet. I’ve been on it for five weeks tomorrow and lost weight consistently and now I’m down to 9 stone 1 lbs. I beginning to look very thin and wondering how much more I can lose before things start to get dangerous for my health. My blood sugar levels are varying between 5.5 and 8.3 but that’s not my overnight fasting levels as I’ve been getting higher readings then due to the dawn phenomenon (see the thread about rising blood sugar levels if that is a new term to you).

If there is anyone else out there in a similar situation I’d love to hear from you.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lachlan,
    I am a TOFI too! 5’2″ and 52 kg so no need to lose weight. I did the first two weeks at 800 cals with no problems, started seeing good blood sugar results despite also suffering from the dawn phenomenon. This has been a problem for me since I started monitoring two years ago when I was diagnosed.
    Lost just over a kg so upped my calories but keep my carbs around 50g/day. I’m now starting week 4 and for over a week have had fasting levels under 5. Totally happy with that, still needing a snack before bed just to make sure that sneaky dawn phenomenon doesn’t sabotage it.
    The only suggestion I can give if you want to keep on this diet is to increase your calories but keep your carbs low. It’s the carbs that affect my blood sugars badly. Also have the fat/ protein snack before bed, it really helps to keep the fasting levels down.

• posted by lachlanh
    on

Hi Cherrianne

Thank you, that is so good to know. Glad I’m not the only one. I think I may start to increase my calories a bit though still enough to lose weight around my waist. I’m starting a bit of weight resistant training to build up my muscles. Last week started off great with levels around 5.6 and 5.5 but seemed to increase after last Tuesday. Unfortunately the late night snack is still not working for me. I checked my fasting level on sat and it was up to 9.4! I’ll be honest it really stressed me out which hasn’t helped my levels at all though I’ve banned myself from measuring for a few days until I chill out a bit. Part of me is thinking that the high morning levels could be down to the liver getting rid of the sugar I have built up over the last 18 months or so.

Started doing lots of meditation to get my self calm – which is strange for me because I’m known for being a very relaxed person!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

There’s nothing like a high blood sugar level to stress you out is there? Especially when you’re eating properly, it feels so undeserved! It does seem like you might be draining the stored energy from your liver though. Especially as your levels have been good during the day.
    I have a piece of cheese and a drink of milk before bed and that works for me, counted in my carbs as milk is quite high. Bill1954 has Greek yoghurt and berries and that works for him.
    You will get there soon though, I have no doubts about that. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.