any advice please ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by gracie4
    on

I was diagnosed ae type 2 3 months ago I have been on the blood sugar diet for 6 weeks, I lost a stone in the first for weeks, but it seems to have stopped there, I still need to lose a lot more, by blood sugar, has come down a little bit but still is not at normal levels, started of with levels of 14.2 even 17.0 now they range from 11.2 to 7.2. I have cut out all sugar, and carbs completely, making sure my calories are 600 or below, so I can’t understand why the weight has stopped moving.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

My thought on this is that you have cut your calories too low so you are unable to factor in any good fats, your body needs fat to deal with fat. Your blood glucose is coming down at a reasonable rate so you should be happy with that and make that your goal. The other thing with weight is you have lost a stone in 4 weeks, excellent but sometimes your body needs to recalculate what is going on with it. I know it is frustrating but there are many many threads here about plateauing and it sounds like that is where you are right now. Don’t worry and don’t give up, the weight loss will start up again, just keep at it and have faith. A further question, are you drinking enough water and how are your bowels. So many things to think about.

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

As Sunshine-Girl said, you need to up your calorie count to at least 800, by adding in some good fats (olive oil, coconut oil, full fat greek yogurt). Also PLEASE ensure you are getting enough carbs through vegetables, and that your fibre intake is sufficient (Soluble Fibre especially). My Doc recommends 10-25g of Soluble Fibre per day. This helps with regularity, cholesterol, feeling full. I stick around 10 and that seems to work for me.

Please don’t beat yourself up about a plateau, we’ve all been there and they don’t last forever, don’t be discouraged! You have done so well already!

Best,

Deb

Please log in or register to post a reply.