An up date.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kentoldlady
    on

Hello all. Just thought I would.popback in and tell a bit of my story. I joined this site a few months ago and found it really helpful.

I was dx as type 2 diabetic on 29th june this year. One of the first things I did was buy the 8 week book. Then I decided to throw away all the diet advice I had been given by the nhs. Much of which is backed by tesco.

Then I started the 8 week diet. I soon ditched the recipes because they were fiddly, expensive and took far more time to cook than eat. I found that they made me focus too much on what I had to eat ( or not) and so decided to go for foods that were quick, but I still enjoyed.

I did about 14 weeks on the 800 a day. I then went to a sort of med diet, but still below 1500 kcals.

I weighed 101kgs the day I was dx’d. Today I weigh 67 kgs.

My hbalc was 53 on dx, on my last visit ir.was.39. This would put me at non diabetic. But I know that if I increased my carbs I would still be diabetic!!

I have never met dr mosley, but would.like to thank him for changing my life. There is a lot of info out there about the value of these type.of diets, but his was the first book I read about it, and it made complete sense to me. If you are where I was 6 months ago I urge you to keep.going. I have lost over 30 kgs, which I think is about5 stone. In less than 6 months. I am healthier than I have been for years, feel better and enjoy life again. Not everything is perfect and I could murder a mince pie!! But life is full of compromise and I have decided that I www ould much rather still be able to see in a few years than eat a mince pie now.

I wish you all luck, good health and a long life.x

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Kentoldlady — such a wonderful update! I remember your name from when you just started posting and I love seeing it again with such a success story! It will motivate so many people to hear of how well you have done and are doing — huge congratulations for all your hard work! BSD transforms our lives.
    And I agree with your comments on the recipes — just simple meals work just as well and can be easier to manage if the recipes seem too complicated.
    You are going in to 2018 on a high!

• posted by Kentoldlady
    on

Thank you. I loved reading that other people had done it. I must admit, having failed to lose weight so many times before, I did not start with much hope.

This is not a diet, but a complete life change. It is that which is difficult to understand. But it does get easier.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Kentoldlady, good to hear from you again, and with such a wonderful success story. Well done.

You could join us over in our mainainers’ thread, you’d be very welcome – “After reaching target, what next?” – where we share hints and tips, and our maintenance progress of course, along with a bit of good-humoured banter.

• posted by Kentoldlady
    on

Hello all, just another update. I am now 66kgs, on my brand new scales that hate me.On my old ones I was a couple of kgs lighter than I am on the new ones, so I have decided just to go with my new ones from now.
    We have had a very unhealthy New Year, with grandson in hospital a lot and all of us have had colds/coughs that just will not go. The result has been my bgs have been all over the shop.
    This has made me realise what a sneaky blighter t2d really is, because if you ever think you have got it tamed it jumps up and bites you. I know that many people have reversed their t2d by losing a lot of weight, but this has not happened to me. I am of course a bit disappointed but am really happy just to feel so much better.

Someone has mentioned a maintainer thread. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, kentoldlady! Our maintainer’s thread is “After Reaching Your
    Target, What Next?” I’m looking forward to meeting you there!
    Please come by 🙂

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.