Amazing curry

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Spammie
    on

I have just made the chicken korma from the cookbook. It is gorgeous and without wanting to sound obsessive it is the best korma I have ever eaten ( I put more chilli and more cardamom in it). It will be a weekly favourite. Now want to try the Thai red curry and the biryani recipes. Anyone got any other recommendations…especially for quick, prepare in advance packed lunches?

• posted by Fairyface
    on

We love the Thai Red Curry. But don’t make my mistake by using tablespoons of red curry paste instead of teaspoons! Hot Hot Hot…………………..

I have now written teaspoons in red on the page. Made the mistake twice. My husband loved it really hot. I could not eat it without casings of yoghurt!

• posted by Spammie
    on

Thanks…Sunday night will definitely be Thai curry night. I always annotate recipes once I have tried them. I made the turkey & apricot burgers from Michael’s book but they were very bland so I made a note to up the spices for next time.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Yes the Thai curry is lovely, have made it a few times. I have a few favourites in the book – the spicy purple salad (beetroot, red cabbage and red onion) is delicious. I make up a batch and then take it to work for lunch, it’s tasty hot or cold (I have it with a bean burger or some grilled chicken). The egg muffins are great for breakfast or lunch and freeze really well. The bolognaise and chilli are good – I make a double batch of the bolognaise sauce and then use half of it for the chilli (which uses bolognaise sauce as the base). I then divide into portions and freeze them – means I always have a quick meal on hand.
    The fish pie is really tasty and a good way of using up different bits of fish.
    The tuna, artichoke and butter bean salad is nice as is the Greek salad and the quinoa one.
    One of my favourite breakfasts is the Pecan Chia Porridge – I use fruit tea though instead of Earl grey tea. It only uses 25g oats between 2 serves so carb-wise still fits into my day and is REALLY filling.
    I could go on… I’m gradually working my way through the book! the only recipe i haven’t liked is the spinach and lentil curry …

Please log in or register to post a reply.