Am I loosing weight to fast

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by johnfisher
    on

Started 4 weeks ago at 17st. Have lost 22lb. Blood sugar gone from 6.9 to 5.2. Have introduced exersise and have the mind set to continue to my goal. People keep telling me I an loosing to much to quick. Only down side my hands feel cold late in the day. Any idea why??

• posted by Janet1973
    on

People say that for two reasons: 1) they are jealous and wish they could do it. 2) it is part of the accepted folklore we have been told for the last 30 years or so that slow weight loss means we keep it off. Michael’s book talks about evidence that this theory isn’t true.

There is also mention of people in his book who have experienced feeling the cold more after losing weight. All I can say is congratulations on the weight loss and treat yourself to a pair of gloves!

• posted by johnfisher
    on

Will be off to the shops tomorrow to get gloves. Thanks for the tip.

• posted by Steve and Ei
    on

People keep telling me I am getting too skinny. Problem is I was diabetic, and getting told I needed tablets, at “only” 11st 5lbs, but getting fasting BG of 3.9-4.4 now at at 10st 2lbs. So skinny is healthier. Trouble is we have ALL got so big on the “healthy” low fat diet of the last 50 years we have lost sight of what you are supposed to be like.
    Quick is good – so motivating.

• posted by nettyrim
    on

Im sure Dr Moseley would say it’s better to have good blood sugar figures that you both are getting and not to worry about the speed of weight loss or being told you are getting skinny.

Well done

Please log in or register to post a reply.