Am I going to die if I do this exercise regime on the fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tomrl101
    on

Michael Mosley outlined his work-out routine which involves walking and body-weight exercises. Would it be suicide to do a more full-on strength training routine with weights on the fast 800. With bench presses and rows and deadlifts and the lot. Would the low-carb med-style be more suitable?
    I’m 200lbs and my number 1 goal is to lose fat as quick as possible. I’d also like to build my strength and musculature, but this can wait if it has to.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Tomrl101 — simple answer, nope! It will not be suicide to do the harder workouts, it is absolutely ok. The only issues you might run into are that you probably will need a few more calories if you are really working out hard AND you definitely will need more protein if you are working out hard.
    I am a two year maintainer who loves sports and weight lifting and I worked out hard almost all the way through the loss of 50 pounds. I actually GAINED muscle over five months of BSD.
    The only interesting thing that you might consider is that I lost weight just as fast over the periods that I was working out LESS as I did when I was working out hard. Very counter-intuitive and I don’t have a ready explanation for why that was so.
    Try it for yourself though — go ahead and try hard and easy days/weeks and see how your body responds and what it does to your appetite and energy and weight loss. If you are really hungry, add in calories, especially extra high quality protein (meat and fish). If you get tired, pull back for a while.
    There is a certain amount of stress just doing the BSD itself — watch yourself and if the hard workouts are adding too much more stress, cut back to just walking. This is your body and your diet — you are unique and you have to figure out what’s works for you personally.
    The only hard and fast rule is, don’t quit!!
    Have fun!

• posted by Tomrl101
    on

Awesome, thanks a lot for that 🙂

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome huyentrang57 from Vietnam! I just happened to see your comment here on this old thread — is the BSD diet working well for you? Are you living in the UK or somewhere else?
    Come over to one of the current threads and say hi! You will get a warm welcome!

• posted by Inthenightsky
    on

I am just a few days in to this diet and do a lot of circuit based exercise (burning approx 350 cals 4 times per week) as well as having an active life. I am beginning to think that I do need to add in a few more calories on training days but is that just going to stop the diet from working? I am desperate to lose fat! Those that do add in more protein, how much extra do you allow yourselves?

All advice gratefully received!

Please log in or register to post a reply.