Alternatives to cake

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Meggy61
    on

Have tried a couple of recipes that have turned out to be food for the birds… Anybody made something nice to enjoy with a cup of tea..

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I sympathise Meggy, I tried coconut flour pancakes and fairy cakes and they too went to feed the birds.

• posted by Arianne65
    on

Have made these muffins twice, first time they fell apart and was more like crumble mixture. After reading an article about sugar free cakes, it advised to use more water to make the consistency better. A tablespoon at a time. Tried it and boy it works. You have to keep them in the fridge as coconut flour looses its moisture.

• posted by Meggy61
    on

Thanks Arianne. I will try that.

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Hi new to this plan but looking at the research it looks very promising. Just made the cheese scones with coconut flour…amazing!
    The birds are not having them…so good problem stopping at just one ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

As I am new…is there any way of posting recipe photos/ I could send you the yummy scone recipe i just made

• posted by FoFi
    on

Top of the page click ‘Recipes’ and then click ‘Submit a recipe’

• posted by Bill1954
    on

ASAP please moseleyfan
    I love scones on Sunday ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Hi Bill well the recipe I used is in doc Mosely”a book … Do you have the 8 week blood sugar book? Can I send a photo of scones?

• posted by Barbarar
    on

Hi
    RE cake.. See my post
    WANT CAKE? TRY NO-CARB WAFFLE

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Thanks Barbara, will try the waffles…i’m lucky i don’t have sugar cravings…but could go a nice thick slice of sourdough ***8%%%$$$ !

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

Bill did you have the scone recipe from the 8 week BSD book? If not here it is..

Put oven onto 200 C…check rack is in middle of oven. put piece of non stick baking paper on oven tray so they dont stick..leave this tray on bench ready for you to pop the mix on.
    200mls coconut water
    75g grated cheese
    75g coconut flour
    6 eggs
    100g butter (Not marg!)
    small pinch salt
    Pop all in food processor or Ninja…pulse (ZAP) quick bursts ONLY..mix is quite sloppy so use large spoon and heap big spoonful onto tray…as if illing bun tray but you just space them out on tray till you have 12 …3 rows of four ๐Ÿ™‚ into middle of oven 12-15 minutes take out and cool on wire rack slide off paper first. Yummy… when cool pop each one separately in cling film and into a zip lock bag or plastic lunch box in freezer…or you will eat them all in one go! then you take one out at a time for work or whatever ready to go..be good with home made vegie soup too

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

It’s a pain you cant send a photo of finished results…but great to have the forums

• posted by Mosleyfan
    on

so I am slow…just found you can post photo… try the scones Bill

Please log in or register to post a reply.