Alternating Weeks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nysilver
    on

Hello – I finished my first 8 weeks on Monday and am thinking of now alternating an 800 week, followed by a 5:2 week and so on. Has anyone tried this and does anyone have any suggestions for or against this plan?

Thanks in advance.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello, if you have completed the 8 weeks you likely will have changed your eating habits and cut out many white/processed/starchy foods. If this is the case you will be able to reintroduce certain foods to prevent your weight loss continuing. Once stable you will have “Won”. I am nearing end of week 17 now. I do not count sugars or cals now and have changed what, when and how I eat. It seems to be working but I do miss many things. In the early days I included some slices of bread occasionally but it was not worth it in nutritional terms. I have been able to eat nuts again but apparently the raisins are not so good that I like to have with them. I intended to do 5:2 but I am not doing it formally at present. If my weight starts to increase I now have the knowledge to know easily what has caused it and more importantly, how to deal with it. I suppose it depends on whether you are at your target weight and what your eating habits were prior to 8WBSD.

• posted by Nysilver
    on

I was diagnosed as T2 two years ago and immediately went low carb so no bread, spuds, pasta, rice, etc for me since then. I still want to get my a1c down – 6.0 after my eight week stint, and still have weight to lose, which is why I’m looking into the feasibility of alternating weeks.

Thanks for your response.

Please log in or register to post a reply.