Already messed up

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LCJ
    on

Hello people, my first day on BSD and managed to mess up a recipe and have had 935 kcal. New day tomorrow but I’m angry with myself I’ve done so much prep. Recipes seem to be for 2, 4 or 6 bit confusing when you’re dividing everything for 1. I’ll get there. I was 301 lbs when I weighed this morning, fingers crossed that the scale moves lower soon!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello LCJ, why on earth are you angry with yourself. Listen to how you are talking to and about yourself, would you like it if it was someone saying this to you. You are here, you have started, you are trying, you made a little slip and there will be many more along the way. I see you are dodging between diabetic and pre-diabetic so lets concentrate on that first and foremost. A few extra calories are not going to make much of a difference as 935 is still a hell of a lot lower that you would have been eating before, aim for 800 but be satisfied with 900 to 1000 now and then. It can even itself out and 800 is quite hard to keep to. Back to the diabetes, try to concentrate on eliminating the obvious carbs like sugar, bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and breakfast cereals (except oats). Then you will automatically reduce your calories and more importantly carb count and see improvement in your diabetes numbers. Are you testing at home.

Recipes, yes it can be confusing. Try making for 2 people and saving one meal for another day. Economy in prepping and cooking and you have a meal to go to when you don’t feel like making anything.

Weight, at a very low 800 to 1000 you are going to lose weight so keep going and don’t give up. Keep us up to date. You can join in on any of the regular threads that are going, we are currently just finishing 12 weeks reboot but there will be another title coming up in the next day or so.

• posted by LCJ
    on

Hi sunshine girl, you are of course 100% right and thank you for reminding me to be kinder to myself. Day 2 is going well and I have learned from my mistake lol. I appreciate your support and of course will update you as I go along.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi LJC … SunshineGirl is right, don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s important to remember this is a complete life change and not a flash-in-the-pan fad diet. There will inevitably be days when your intake is higher than on others, but overall it will balance out and you will still see results.

There is a big learning curve initially, as this way of eating turns the whole low fat/high carb brain washing we have all been subjected to for decades, on it’s head.

Join in on any of the threads to get support and advice and be kind to yourself … don’t waste energy in beating yourself up, the negativity is counter productive. Celebrate every tiny positive along the way, regardless of if it’s scales related or not … it could be something like sleeping better, not feeling bloated, clearer complexion or a garment feeling more comfortable. They all count as positive steps in the right direction.

• posted by LCJ
    on

Thank you for a lovely positive response. I’ve had a great day today and have just done the recommended resistance training. I’m feeling good.

Please log in or register to post a reply.