After week 8 on the fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by garvs1066
    on

Okay so at 120kg (32% body fat) decided it was time for action. I’m exactly half way through (day 29 tomorrow). So far averaging about 730 cals a day and down 15 kgs (2st 5lbs). I am increasing my exercise too but want to lose around another 30kg (to get to 8-12% body fat) so will definitely need the 5:2 option. I am not sure how many calories to go to on the ‘normal’ days. I was thinking of a gradual increase say about 100 calories per day each week until I reach say 1600 allowing for exercise and base metabolic rate my calorie intake at my target weight will be about 2300/day. Nearer the weight I can adjust this upwards.

Thoughts anyone?

• posted by Wannabeslim
    on

No idea!
    But well done 👍

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, the 5;2 doesn’t seem to recommend a calorie allowance just says watch portion sizes but I think the range is something like 1000 to 1200 calories on non fast days and still 800 on fast days. I would also suggest that you get back on with 800 Fast every now and then to speed up your weight loss, unless you are still having steady loss on the 5;2.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Garvs
    That’s an amazing weight loss – well done. Gradually increasing your calorie allowance every week seems a sensible way of getting back to ‘normal’. As Sunshine-girl says the 5:2 doesn’t specify the number of calories on non-fast days but just says eat normally then 500 calories for men and 600 calories for women on fast days. The BSD suggests eating low carb as a way of life and then cutting calories to 800 on fast days.
    It might be worth checking the recommended body fat% – you know your body best – but 8-12% sounds a bit low.
    Best of luck – you’re doing really well and let us know how you’re getting on.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I think you may be right, Gattina. Body fat % for men:

Acceptable: 18-25%
    Fitness: 14-17%
    Athletes: 6-13%

Please log in or register to post a reply.