Adventures in Mindful Eating … Yours, Mine

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shalimar
    on

I watched the Mindful Eating video with the raisin. Of course i had already purged the house of raisins … i think i ate them!! 🙂

So i did an experiment with a snap pea pod … one of my BSD snacks of choice. Usually i can eat the whole bag …. or a goodly portion of it.

I did enjoy the freshness of the sugar snap pea pod …. i thought i could even taste it’s green-ness!! AND i only ate a few and enjoyed them to the full.

Was my day to have some deep fried wontons. I did not hold the wonton to my ear in the restaurant though …. but i tried them without a ton of plum sauce. I usually cut them in half so i can enjoy them longer.
    But it revealed a lot about my eating …. i’m usually putting the next bit in my mouth before i’ve swallowed the previous one. I just looked around the restaurant or out the window at the shivering cold trees …. and didn’t try and read at the same time.

This was a good respectful thing to do … I know the wontons in this restaurant we home made. The mindfulness reading also made me realize that it was a great thing to know how many people were involved in making my meal and day enJOYable … from the farm to the table. And i felt proud to pay and leave a nice tip for the poor tired Yvonne — a lady who is trying to make her business a success …. and has a husband and children to “do for” as well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.