About to begin Fast 800..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by missjasmine
    on

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2008 and take 2 metformin tablets daily. My fasting blood glucose currently averages at around 9mmol with me not really watching what I eat. I currently weigh 11st 7 and need to lose around half a stone to be at the top end of the healthy weight range for my age. Losing 1.5 stone would put me at the lower end which would be amazing!

I’ve heard alot about the Fast 800 and my ultimate goal is to get my blood sugars in the normal range and control my diabetes without the medication. It’s so encouraging that so many people on this forum have been able to do so and that really spurs me on! I have got the go ahead from my gp and just wondered if anyone had any tips for someone starting out?!

I’m getting married in 8 weeks and I know this probably isn’t the best time to start but I’m so motivated! Knowing I’m starting my married life with my diabetes more under control would be the best feeling. A bikini body for my honeymoon would just be an added bonus 😊

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

All the best for your nearly wedding day, yes you can do this. I lost most of my weight in the first 8 weeks but you will have to be really strict and determined. You will see quite quick results regarding your blood glucose so keep a close eye on your numbers. Good luck.

• posted by missjasmine
    on

Thank you @sunshine-girl 😊 I know this is going to be so tough but I am very determined. Do you know the recommended grams of carbs per day when doing the fast 800? Do I need to aim to keep it under a certain number throughout the 8 weeks?

I have been reading your posts on other threads and you have done so well!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I would suggest that you try to keep it around 50 grams although some people do go lower. If found under 50 I has saying, oh now I cant have this, or that or something else, and it made meal planning just too difficult. I tended to follow the menu plans day to day and keep to 800 calories and let the carbs take care of themselves. I found the most important thing was to plan and be really organised with menus and shopping and always having something BSD friendly for hunger pangs or low blood glucose.

I have been looking back at my first 8 weeks and I lost 4.5 kgs, not a massive amount compared to other but my real results were in my BG down from HbA1c of 11.2 and it is now 5.4 that took around 6 months but it came down fairly rapidly from 11.2 to then 6.9 in just 8 weeks then 5.4 since then. Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.