Aaarrrgghhh!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Flower55
    on

I’ve had a really, sorry for swearing “shitty” day & have drunk 1/2 bottle of 70cl rum. I’m so so so annoyed & peed off that after 15 days of sticking to this BSD i’ve crumbled. Hope I can get back on track 2moro 😯

• posted by Bissell
    on

Hi Flower55. You won’t have gone back to square one with this blip, so don’t beat yourself up about it. The most important thing to NOT do is think ” sod it, I’ve messed up, I may as well quit”. Put it down to experience and get back on track tomorrow. And make it into a positive by reflecting on why it happened and what you could do next time to avoid it. But do that tomorrow, not today.
    We all have the odd slip up, you are only human. There is lots of support here, so you are not alone. For me, the changes I make need to be lifelong, not just temporary, so I needed to find strategies that would get me through hard times as well as th easier times. You can find what works for you, I’m sure you can.

Good luck!

• posted by celestee
    on

do not do not do not give up! don’t throw in the towel, don’t drink the other 1/2 of the bottle because you think ‘sod it, i messed up’. just like bissell said – you are only human. 15 days – you’ve done AMAZING. one little blip in this journey doesn’t mean everything you’ve worked for doesn’t count. it DOES. keep going.

• posted by Sparky77
    on

Definitely don’t give up! Unless you are superhuman, these slip ups happen. I’m in week 3 and went to a party at the weekend. Having planned to have a glass, maybe two, I ended up having about six throughout the course of the day. Which led to not having willpower to resist a (v small!) ice cream……main thing is to get back on track. I did the next day and the focus returned. It helps me to accept that, over the next five weeks, I might have the odd ‘over’ day but that’s life. Others on here have an admirable willpower of steel but I’m not there quite yet. Maybe I’ll just add on an extra week to the 8 weeks, a bit like injury time in a football match!
    Sx

• posted by Izzy
    on

A bad day won’t ruin your efforts, just jump back in as soon as you can (now is better than tomorrow…)

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

• posted by Flower55
    on

Thank you so much for yr support. This is the strictest diet i’ve ever been on & stuck to & was just disappointed for giving in after only 2wks. Anyway back on track today 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.