A new chapter begins…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’ve been around a bit here before, lost quite a bit of weight although I forget how much. came and went etc.
    So Earlier this year my marriage ended and it’s been a tough year, however since deciding to go ahead and see a divorce solicitor 10 days ago I’ve noticed I feel more like myself, more motivated to get stuff done etc, so I thought … I should jump in whilst I have that energy and sort out my eating again as well. My whole life needs a reboot really.

So here I am trying to make myself healthier inside and out whilst I rediscover who I really am and find my way forwards in life.

I’m not going to be entirely strict with myself, but I will be making an effort to reduce the carbs and eat healthily,

Wish me luck?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Izzy, there are still a few of us old-timers here and we’ll be happy to offer any support we can. Sadly, the forum seems to be less active these days, but it is still going and some of us do check in most days.

Sorry you have had such a rough year and that you find yourself on the verge of divorce, but well done on recognising it as a new opportunity to make changes on any front you choose.
    Best of luck with getting more BSD focused again and shout out if you need anything from us. Maybe consider joining the weekly thread, as that one is fairly well populated by a number of regular contributors.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks Sunny, I’ll have a look at that one.

• posted by Verano
    on

Izzy sounds like you have much ahead of you but as SunnyB says there are still a few of us ‘oldies’ still here to help you through the coming months. I’m sure that others will jump in and help too.
    Best of luck with your new chapter. One step at a time and you will get to your new normality…….

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Izzy and welcome back. This sounds like a challenging time for you, but a positive life changer too so I am wishing you all the very best. In my experience being in an unhappy relationship was the emptiest, most demoralizing time of my life and my self esteem was non-existent. Well done you for taking charge of your future and thinking of what you want for yourself and where you want to be. It can’t have been easy coming to a decision. Improving your health is a great start and it will give you confidence . Stay positive and motivated, Izzy.You are not alone .Stick with us and shout out when you need a boost xx Hope to see you on the weekly (or monthly ) thread xx

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks everyone, well the day is off to a good start.
    Weirdly facebook is reminding me I got engaged today 8 years ago lol, so seems as good a time as any for a new start on my own. I’m feeling energised.

I’ve also begun another ‘old’ habit renewed today of writing morning pages (a process of writing 3 pages of whatever is in ones head before doing anything else in a day) it’s helped my creativity and anxiety in the past so a good thing to do. It’s an idea from a book by Julia Cameron called The Artists Way if anyone is interested.

I’ve weighed in at 180lbs. A lot of weight for a 5ft tall person, but at one point years ago my heaviest was 204lbs, so at least I’m not back up at that.

I couldn’t find my tape measure, but when I do I will measure all my measurements.

I’m going to try and go with the intermittent fasting thing as well and not eat till lunchtime, I tend not to eat until around 10 anyway so that shouldn’t be a big leap, and I’ve started the day with a big mug of herbal tea with a little stevia, rather than my usual mug of normal tea with milk and sugar.

Plan is to have a berry milkshake made with almond milk and some soup at lunchtime. Then for dinner later I have chicken cobbler made, I’ll skip the carby topping and have veg with mine.

I have a grocery shop arriving later so should have all I need for a successful week one, I already have everything for today without waiting for it 🙂

I’ll look out for the new weekly thread and jump on.

Happy Monday to all 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Your determination is shining bright, Izzy! Have no doubt you’ll be reporting good progress soon. The new weekly thread has been kicked off by Wendleg, so do join us there and keep us posted on how things are going.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Izzy
    I just wanted to come on and wish you that good luck! Glad to hear today’s going well.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes today was mostly good thanks 🙂

I did steal a bourbon biscuit at my art group…

• posted by Izzy
    on

had a few blips but have a lot going on. my scales show a 2lb loss tho so not bad for 4 days in.

• posted by Izzy
    on

well I had an up and down 1st week, but ave definitely had less carbs and have lost 2.5lbs so I’m happy enough. Last few days passed in a blurr of nightshift working and I’ve a busy week ahead but I’m still standing lol.

I’m still on my ‘up’ in as much as I feel like I can do anything so onwards we travel.

Please log in or register to post a reply.