A bonus I was not expecting- anyone else seen changes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LondonGirl
    on

I am today at the start of week 6- so three weeks to go – I have lost 13.6ibs, which is great – but the added bonuses have been that my skin is looking wonderful and the psoriasis I had on 5 areas of my body- has disappeared on two areas completely and has decreased by 80% on two areas and 50% on one area-I am hopeful that by the time the diet is complete- my psoriasis will have practically gone.

• posted by AndreaG
    on

I”m at the end of the first month.
    My skin is also better – cellulite in legs is reducing(and its been there since I was about 15).
    Also, I had mild IBS (intolerant of milk in my morning coffee) which has completely gone, despite the coffee and milk remaining.
    My lung capacity feels better.
    I’m recovering quicker from exercise.
    My knees which have previously suffered from my forays into running are (touch wood) fine. Sore at the end of a jog but quicker recovery – I’m not still avoiding the stairs days later.
    I think cutting out wheat has been the key – even though I’ve never had any particular reaction to wheat itself – or increased fat intake.

• posted by Frog
    on

there’s an older thread on the site called something like “unintended consequences” which had quite amusing ones.

Recently, I’ve started wearing a watch again because its not uncomfy now my wrists are slimmer.
    I bought a new watchstrap because the leather on the old one was cracked – ordinary length, not an extra long one, and it’s on the second hole – not at its widest

• posted by LondonGirl
    on

That is great news…..show what time can do ( excuse the pun)

• posted by LondonGirl
    on

Sugar really has a lot to answer for doesn’t it?

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

I’m 44 and every couple of months for as long as I can remember I would get a big spot in the same place on my chin in the run-up to my period starting. Every year that went by I was like: WHY DO I HAVE WRINKLES AND SPOTS AT THE SAME TIME, it seemed so unfair! Well since I drastically cut back on sugar than spot has not made an appearance, not even in a small way.

It’s funny because I remember as a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s we’d always tell each other that eating sugar makes you fat and gives you acne, before the low-fat obsession took over. How did we know, and why did we forget that wisdom?!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Such great news for you LondonGirl, Frog and AndreaG! It must feel so good to see those changes. My husband who suffers periodically from mild depression is following the plan too and hasn’t had one single day of depression. He really thinks it is from eating low carb and cutting out the breads, potato, rice, refined sugar, any type of sugar and so on. It is so wonderful to see him feeling so good! We use half and half in our morning coffee and that doesn’t seem to cause any problems for him.!!!!!

The one thing I’ve noticed about me that has surprised me is my neck has tightened up a bit. I was really worried that my skin would hang since I already had a bit of a neck jiggle before I started, but thankfully there is less of a jiggle after 4 weeks. I’m really happy about this change!. The skin on my upper arms though is looser so I need to get busy doing some weight lifting to add some muscle to that area. I need to get rid of my wings! :–)

• posted by LondonGirl
    on

Their is a lot in those old wive’s tales as they called them – that we should not have ignored 🙂

• posted by LondonGirl
    on

Whar great news- I am using Stevia in my drinks as it is a natural calorie free sweetener- not as cheap as others- but what price health eh? I love all these added bonuses- it is such an incentive to keep to this diet albeit increasing the calories after the 8 weeks

• posted by Frog
    on

glad that its helping with your husbands wellbeing JMarie
    I was sorting out some old books at the weekend – one I definitely no longer want is called “potatoes not prozac”.
    From memory it was promoting eating jacket potatoes morning noon and night to prevent depression or improve mental well being.

That’s the reason that BSD style eating won’t become standard recommended practice until the research trials are complete, no matter how much anecdotal evidence there is 🙂

• posted by Avila
    on

As someone with depression I am glad I did not find that book – mind you the thought of jacket potatoes morning noon and night would have depressed me even before trying this plan!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I read that book too, Frog😱

The things we fix to ourselves! Did we just believe what we were told without seeing evidence/proof that it would not harm us?

• posted by Frog
    on

I didn’t just read it Lynne, I ate an awful lot of jacket potatoes 🙂

Hi Avila, hope things are going well

• posted by jmarie41
    on

So true Frog! I feel fortunate to be able to see just how quickly my blood sugar has responded to cutting way back on refined carbs and such a wonderful bonus to lose weight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.