A bit worried

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jme2019
    on

Hi, I just started the BSD and I am currently on Day 3. I’m pre-diabetic and I’ve already lost 2lbs which I’m really pleased with.

I’m excited about a rapid weight loss and reversing my blood sugars but I’m worried I’m going to end up with lots of excess skin when losing quickly. I’m currently 107kg so will go on the 5:2 after the 8 weeks but if anyone has any advice on how to avoid ‘pizza dough skin’! I would be really grateful. Or maybe it’s not a problem on this diet, I just don’t know.

Many thanks

Jme xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Jme well, done for embracing low carb eating it will almost certainly help your blood sugars.
    When it comes to ‘pizza dough skin’ it’s horse for courses and we each have a different experience. Good ‘normal’ blood sugars will be a really good trade off I’d you do end up with PDS, but you may very well not have it!
    Enjoy the journey!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi, There are two sides to the skin issue. – Personally my experience has been that my skin goes through cycles of looking like there are invisible thumbs pressing on it, and then it smooths out again at the same time there is an inch loss. – So its a transient stage in fat loss. – Others have also reported that they also go through dimple stages. I have discarded over 90lbs over the last 2 years and am still a work in progress. – I currently going through what I describe as a sculptor phase where I can see the final shape of my thighs and waist within my body.

With regard to the final outcome, it sort of depends on how much weight you have to loose. -Many of us on this forum started by reading one of DrMM’s books and then went on to look into the work / protocols of other Dr’s and the science behind getting Insulin levels under control. If you have a lot of weight to discard, It may reassure you if you research the work by Dr Fung and autophagy. – Dr Fung has worked with thousands of people with T2 to reverse their diagnosis and return them to health and says that he has never had to send anyone for skin surgery.

• posted by Jme2019
    on

Thank you. Good advice and it sounds as though it doesn’t always happen. I will definitely look into Dr Fung as well.

Many thanks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.