800 calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BarryHyphen
    on

Hi I am using My Fitness App to measure calories.

With the app it adds 800 base plus the calories burned for exercise to give a daily total.

Example 800 + 1450 burned cycling = 2250.

How many calories should I be eating only 800 or somewhere between 800 and 2250?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Dr Mosley doesn’t suggest anywhere that you should add extra calories because you are exercising. However, there have been conversations on the forum about whether you need extra calories if you are doing endurance-length exercise. Probably the best advice is to aim for 800 and see how you feel on it. If you start to suffer with weakness, low blood sugar, feel like fainting then take extra calories at that time. How long do you have to cycle to burn that many calories?

• posted by BarryHyphen
    on

Hi Janet

Thanks for the reply, good advice I will give your suggestion a try.

To answer your question I did 30 minutes on a windtrainer at 32km/hr and then rode for about hour at 30km/hr to and from work.

I will be ramping on those times over the next few weeks and doing some long runs as well so it will be interesting to see what the tipping point is

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Barry
    Like Janet says try the 800 and see howit goes, you may well be very surprised at how well you cope.

• posted by Nat
    on

The exercise debate sounds interesting. I will keep an eye out for any findings. N

• posted by BarryHyphen
    on

Start of day 4 – I am still adjusting – I have been under the 800 plus active calories every day and lost 1.7kg.
    More importantly I am feeling lighter and feeling like I can move again. Next step is to try to stay at the 800 calories and exercise

I did my first 1km repeats for about a year this morning at a very pedestrian 5:30 min/km pace and only did 4 but it was great didn’t feel light headed.
    12 weeks until I am 53, looking forward to what I can do in a 12 week transformation.

I can’t wait for my book to arrive in the mail.

Please log in or register to post a reply.