8 weeks are up – woohoo!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alibobs
    on

I won’t lie – I’ve found the BSD tedious and generally challenging. But there is no doubt it was worth it. I know many sustain it in the long term, with amazing results. But that isn’t for me. However, I could imagine following it again for a few weeks if I need a boost. I’m by no means finished, and I’m curious to see how things move forward with the 5:2. My risk factors will be portion control and emotional binging on the ‘5’ days. Hopefully I’ve started to over-write my bad habits sufficiently to hold fast. In the meantime (don’t shout at me but) I’m going to take a few days off. Just a few. If you’re interested, I’ve included my story below. Thanks everyone for the help and support to date and good luck to us all x

I decided I needed to follow the BSD because, listening to my body, and considering all the risk factors, I was rapidly heading towards Type 2. I knew it would be tricky at times because there are 5 people in our house, and there was no way cakes, biscuits and crisps etc would be banished. I do all the shopping and cooking (hate cooking) and have to cater for a coeliac, a fussy eater and an 80 y.o. who is very set in her eating habits. So I studied the book, bought myself a blood testing kit, tried the meditation but failed to get to grips with the exercise. These are my results!

Weight loss
    Start = 17st 2lb
    Now = 14st 13lb

BMI
    S= 37.5
    N = 32.7
    Progress to healthy BMI = 38.5%

Inches off waist = 3.5″

Fasting glucose
    S= 5.6
    N= 4.9

I’ve posted before about my nsvs, but a new one popped up this week. My zits clear up faster! I thought I was imagining that at first but now I’m certain.

Bye for now.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on your 8 weeks on the BSD, Alibobs and congrats on the results you’ve achieved. Hope that your transition to 5:2 goes well and you will be able to build on your BSD results. Try to keep the carbs under control and I’m sure you’ll see the pounds continue to fall, even if the calories are higher.

Best of luck to you going forward and enjoy your few days off. Do pop in and let us know how you progress.

• posted by Alibobs
    on

Thanks SunnyB.

I thought I’d better continue my habit of weighing myself each morning to stay realistic about my days off. And a pound has appeared already!!!

I didn’t go crazy yesterday: my usual diet breakfast and lunch, but tea was 4 slices of pizza and I snacked on 1 biscuit and 1 individual cake. I kept up my water intake. I bought a few treats and I have lined them up on my dressing table so hubby and kids know they are there and will know when I’ve scoffed them. I’m trying to keep myself grounded and accountable. I was really pleased with myself for listening to my body after the 4 slices of pizza last night, when it told me loud and clear, “You’re done for the day, girl!”

That’s enough self-congratulation. I did want to say though, that I am finding it fascinating how 8 weeks has led to significant change in how my body responds to taste (sugary stuff is soooo sweet) and food, and what that looks like on the scales too. Al

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Well done! That is a huge accomplishment given 5 p, shopping, cooking!!
    I would never fix that. I’m on week 3 and struggling. You give me hope😃.
    All the best and good luck!
    From icy sunny Sweden 🇸🇪

Please log in or register to post a reply.