8 week fast days – exercise and alcohol?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Neenan
    on

I have started reading the BSD and I really want to try the 8 week fast days but I need help knowing what I should do? I am into my exercise and like to go the HIIT classes and weights at least 4 times a week so not sure if I can still do that? Should I avoid alcohol all together when I am on this? I might have to start after Christmas 😣. Thanks for any responses in advance 😊

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Most people do avoid alcohol when fasting as it is not a very nutritious way of using limited calories. If you do one of the less extreme patterns like 5:2 or 4:3 then you can indulge on non-fast days provided you are honest with yourself and still count what you have had. This is what I am doing at the moment. With exercise, most people find, after an initial transition period where the body adapts to fat burning for fuel, that they have no problem with a lot of exercise.

• posted by Neenan
    on

Thanks for the reply mismatch, as I want to lose 10 kilos then stick to 5:2 would it be a good idea to do the 800 calorie days for 4 weeks no drink or exercise to start then move into the 5:2? I had digestive problems with food intolerances so I think that could help?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

neenan, the thing with alcohol is it lowers the resistance and you can be tempted to have just one more, or worse, something naughty to eat. However, if you are on the fast 800, where on earth are you going to find 100 calories for a vodka, or 120 for a glass of white wine, and don’t even think about beer or lager, just look at the carbs in them. Eight weeks is not lot to go without alcohol, and if that takes you over Christmas then maybe just have one or 2 on the day…….

Enjoy the diet and keep on keeping on……

Please log in or register to post a reply.