7 Days (3) … 'Add a little extra' … Tuesday 11th October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Yes Mixnmatch, you are right – it is because we have all the tools to make this style of eating our new way of life and you really get to like this style of eating. When I started I never thought I would say that. I absolutely love the food – my taste buds must have changed. Yesterday I was given a liquorice tea bag. I couldn’t drink the tea made from it. Even though it was only liquorice root it was way too sweet and I had to throw it away.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Verano
    I have only just noticed your reply – I actually use an iPad and really must learn how to copy and paste!
    I have found the recipe under search and will print it off.
    Many thanks
    B

• posted by Antigone
    on

Yay Krysia great news about the thin clothes! I can imagine how that horrible teacher made you feel all those years ago – I’d have been devastated.
    Frog – sounds like a fab restoration. Well done for your epic weight lift at the gym…just think you were carrying that around with you!
    Today’s stats
    Cals:786
    Carbs:24
    No loss (or gain)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Day 2 reboot

926cals /52 carbs and steps 4250 very busy today so didn’t count before hand, so will be more restrained tomorrow, but scales this morning had gone down .4 kg so getting there.
    Anyone else out there using the jawbone up to count steps. Good night BSD peeps.
    ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค

• posted by greenjanet
    on

So beginning of day 3 reboot.

Weighed in now 99 kg woo hoo my lowest ever, so have lost so far this week 1.5 kg, those carbs are such bad boys aren’t they stopping us achieve such amazing results. So now I am aiming for 98 kg by next Wednesday. We are having a big celebration on Sunday family are coming from far and wide, to celebrate no 2 son having cancer for the second time but in a very manageable way. Weird thing to celebrate, but when you’ve been through what he went through, before you would understand. Anyway dilemma is to stay away from all the goodies I will be preparing . Perhaps I will allow myself one thing of something, and work it out.

Anyway, I hope you are as happy with the plan as I am if you aren’t, don’t despair I was where you are a few days ago now look. It all changes on the spin of a sixpence.

Who said, when we loose fat it goes in the form of urine, been thinking about that one a lot, you know what I mean ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 4 of 7
    (Third attempt, first two lost in the ether!)

Yesterday
    Calories 799
    Carbs 26.3

Weight stayed the same but I seem to be into a pattern of lose one day stay the same the next. I don’t have a problem with that but if I had a plateau now I’d find it very hard. Don’t know if its 15 week syndrome but I have started to think about food constantly and I am missing some things. It doesn’t help that my husband eats ‘normally’, toast … ‘I made one two many would you like one piece? ‘ …. ‘I don’t eat bread’ . You can imagine the conversations we have so that’s not helping at the moment either! Anyway, enough of my woes! As you say Jan it all changes on the spin of a sixpence… hope you’re right!!

Anyway, well done Jan you must be feeling great!
    Frog did you get a better night sleep last night? Have just noticed your recipes will look at them soon.
    Krysia hope you’re fully recovered now.

To everyone well done on your losses, both in weight and large clothes!

Have a good day!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano.

Yep know where you’re at only to well, I’ve found now I’m in week 16 I have to have some food to look forward to, I made chicken curry last eve my favourite comfort food, but it’s hard to do that every day, so I am also looking at keeping busy no prob at the mo, too much to do, and also distracted. I’m amazed at the losses after I have restarted, and even more am.azed at how little I gained when I came of plan. I am not one of those on here who have swerved all refined carbs since they started, I’m never that good, but we will all get there, and if we are following the plan we will get there faster. I spent too long carting all my fat around, I want to get rid asap.

How much more do you want to loose, I am almost halfway. Keep going, you know you want to, more than you want the weight back. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Jan!

You’re doing really well. I think after a certain length of time on this plan if you do fall by the wayside it doesn’t have the same consequences as conventional ‘diets’ with all the weight piling back on.

I don’t eat refined carbs at all at worst I’ve eaten a couple of oat caked but not even had them for a while!

I have lots to lose. At the moment I want to lose 14lbs to get me back to my ‘normal’ pre-illness weight. Then another 10lbs to get me down to my lowest in 12 years! After that I’ll tackle the real problem!!!!!!

Feeling better already .. thanks again!

• posted by Verano
    on

Ok .. off to the hairdressers now so hopefully that will cheer me up …. usually does!!

Have a good day!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Greenjanet – well done – 1.4kg lost so far is brilliant. You are well on track.

Verano I have the same problem – husband has normal toast. But he may be even worse than yours because he makes his own bread in a breadmaker. He puts it on over night on a timer and we wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread wafting up the stairs! How bad is that.

Yesterday had 21 carbs but 920 calories. Still not fully recovered from the virus but have now started upping the steps. Have stayed at exactly 10 stone since Tuesday which I am really happy with because I worried that it would start going up as I have been a real couch potato while I have been ill.

My scales each morning tantilisingly hover over 9.13 before deciding that I am still 10 stone. So I know they will move soon.

We had kippers for breakfast and they were lovely. I chose un-dyed ones because the dyed ones were rather an alarming shade of orange. We are having rainbow trout for dinner and I am looking forward to it. My tastes have really changed. Before BSD I hated tomatoes and now I love them and it looks as though I now like fish.

So I have so far had 4 servings of fish this week – which was my challenge for the week.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano

Enjoy, and I am with you for the long haul as well, I may have lost nearly 3 st in 16 weeks, but it’s going to take me longer to loose the remaining 4 half ish stone, so in it for the long haul also.

KrysiaD what torture, the smell of baked bread, I’m sorry I would have to sabotage it, we had a bread maker I gave it away, when I started this plan, he buys his bread and freezes, if it’s left out my fat pixies shout eat it eat it, very loudly. ๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘น

What are we like. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Greenjanet and Verano
    I am with you for the long haul also. Although I have only 1stone left to lose I have to keep going once I get there because I cannot put on any weight as I have done every time in the past. Although I am off the insulin I am assuming that I will still have to keep carbs quite low when I am at ideal weight because it is highly likely I did a lot of damage to my pancreas and it won’t be able to cope with high levels of carbs. So once I reach goal I will still be here.

Greenjanet, the smell of the freshly baked bread (and at the moment he is baking a low sugar cake) is torture but so are the Lucentis injections into my eye and so were the constant insulin injections and trying to work out how much to inject to avoid a spike after meals if I injected to little and a hypo if I injected too much. I think I came to the BSD at the perfect time for me – hopefully before the diabetes caused too much damage but as I already had a taste of how devastating diabetes can be it has really helped me to keep on track.

So now – when the smell of baking bread wafts around the house I read new posts on this forum and slowly drink my lovely coffee with a teaspoon of cream (which tastes and smells heavenly now my taste buds have regenerated and is now a lovely treat). I also think about the future with no eye injections and no insulin injections and it really keeps me on the ‘straight and narrow’.

• posted by Frog
    on

-0Hi Ve

Do try the recipes – I am mystified by the carbs in lentils! I put the recipe into fatsecret to get the carb and calorie count and then pasted it into here. There were dozens of lentil entries – the one I’ve used says 24g of carbs from the lentils per portion – but the waitrose website suggests 5 grams. I don;t cook with lentils enough to make an educated guess on which is right. So have either gone way over, or carb intake has been OK, depending which is right.

Slept sort of better-ish, thank you. I was so tired yesterday I went to sleep late afternoon/early evening, so wasn’t surprised I didn’t sleep brilliantly, but I feel fine this morning, have definitely caught up!

Well done Jan – the “below a hundred” is a real biggie to celebrate.

When I “moved to the country” and lived in Sussex for a year or so, I decided I had to have a breadmaker – disastrous, I could never resist eating it all!

• posted by Frog
    on

sorry about the jumbled letters at the top of my last post
    It was “Hi Verano” until Froglet jumped on the laptop pre-posting

• posted by Verano
    on

Not sure all this bread talk is good for our souls !!!!

Hi Jan & Krysia looks like we might become the three musketeers!!! Hopefully are group won’t dwindle even when people do reach target. Like you, Krysia, they may well stay with us on maintenance .

Krysia 4 fish meals in as many days is great. You never know you may even come to love it!!!

Hi Frog …. lentils a minefield!
    I make a lovely lentil soup so I’ve looked at lentils quite a bit. It’s very confusing because sometimes you get cals/carbs per serving, and they vary! Then there’s the question of whether they are cooked or raw. I’m pretty sure that raw weight per 100g there are around 350 calories and 60g of carbs. I think it’s more accurate to calculate from raw because they do absorb a lot of liquid so not as easy to calculate. I’m just going to look at the Waitrose website to check a few brands … suffice it to say they are very carby !!!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog have checked a few supermarket websites and for raw lentils they all come out around 350 cals and 60g carbs ….. sorry!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

The rainbow trout was lovely – husband cooked it in the oven in foil with a little bit of butter. It really looks as though my tastes have changed so much on BSD that I actually like fish.

Lentils are so healthy and it is a shame they are so carby.

Walked to the local chemist to pick up my blood sugar test strips and heard an interesting conversation. It was all about a slimming club and how well they were doing and how good it was that you could have deserts on the programme. There was a lengthy discussion about various deserts you could make and they all sounded very carby. I remember all my efforts before at slimming clubs and on my own. I was just as obsessed about being able to add deserts and treats or I felt hard done by. No wonder the weight just piled on afterwards. The BSD is different – you are able to get the carb monster under control and it is wonderful not to think about treats and deserts and enjoy lovely healthy food.

Verano – I will tag along with you and greenjanet (and sunshine-girl when she returns from her holiday) as you go through your journey as I want to keep the injected insulin monster at bay and my maintenance mode will be very similar to your weight loss mode for quite a while.

When I was doing my sort out of clothes I found two pairs of Rohan Jeggins. I think that is what they are called because they are supposed to be a cross between jeans and leggins. Actually they are not like either. I bought them in a sale ages ago but couldn’t wear them because they cut off the circulation in my legs. They are size 12 (a loose 12) straight cut with a draw string waist and a cosy warm fleecy type lining and wind proof. They are now a little loose everywhere but still ok and are absolutely lovely to wear – really comfortable. I shall be living in them for now as like Frog I am really feeling the cold now.

Sizing can be strange. I found several black M&S long sleeved tops that are size 16. They fit really snugly and are not at all big. I bought them early 2000 but haven’t really been able to wear them as they were so small. Surely they cannot be size 16 as that is too big for me now. Or has M&S sizing changed over the years.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Yay for the clothes Krysia!
    Well done Greenjanet a MAJOR milestone ๐Ÿ™‚
    Good work everyone in fact – you are all being very good unlike me today. I have slipped a bit but nothing too serious – still no movement on the scales though . Mackerel for tea – Jamie Oliver’s Mighty Mackerel. It’s really good but without the carby accompaniments of course.
    Cals: 828
    Carbs: 52
    I am now walking away from the computer – walk of shame ๐Ÿ™
    Good luck everyone….

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Actually Antigone you are following the BSD fast 800 to the letter so for a day that you don’t feel you have done so well – you have actually done brilliantly.

Verano had a really good idea when she suggested looking at the average calories and carbs for the week. When you look at the average for the week – even if you go over your limit for the day on a couple of days in the week – the figures are still pretty good. Which was the reason I wasn’t that worried about my 960 calories yesterday.

I am glad you are on board – we are all doing so well.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 5 of 7

Ok so now on the downward path towards 7!

Yesterday
    Calories 1030 … not so good
    Carbs 22.5g
    Weight loss 1.4lbs … great!!!

Just 0.4lbs left to get to my goal of 2.2lbs this week so will need to have a really good day today as we’re away tomorrow for 2 nights in a hotel. Will do my very best and I must admit I find low carb easier to stick to than low fat when eating out. Anyway we’ll see!

I seem to have been all over the place this week and not really settled into this challenge at all well. Don’t know why just lost focus. Need to try and get myself back into the loop fully again. Think I may read some parts of the book again and hopefully that will motivate me! If not I can always watch the Panorama program again and scare myself into action!!!

Hope you had a good Friday. Have a good day!

• posted by Antigone
    on

Morning Verano. Yesterdays carbs were great! More important than calories ๐Ÿ™‚ This morning the scales showed that I have now lost 2 stones total in 9 weeks. I’m very pleased ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW Antigone!!!!!
    Great progress just keep doing what you’re doing it’s obviously working!

• posted by Antigone
    on

Thank you Verano!
    I really appreciate your support and encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚ Nobody in the ‘real world’ knows about this so I have no one to share my triumph with. Hubs knows I’m losing eight of course but he doesn’t want me going on about it so I keep it low key. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚
    You are nearly at your next mini goal too- well done!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – great weight loss so far this week and do have a lovely low carb time at your hotel break.

Antigone – wow 2 stones in 9 weeks. That is amazing.

Today scales show 1lb loss at last. Now have powered through the 10 stone barrier and am 9 stone 13lb. Or should that have been crawled at a snail’s pace under the barrier.

Not been in the 9 stones since my early 20s. As I am 68 now its no wonder I really don’t know what my ideal weight is. Never mind it will be finding out what it is.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Excellent Krysia How exciting! It’s such a great feeling isn’t it?

• posted by Frog
    on

hi

well done Krysia, that’s great

big decision last night/this morning – I’m going to stop weighing and logging food for a while.

Partly I had a bit of a backlog that I hadn’t entered for a few days (since the Ethiopian blow out, I still haven’t logged all of the recipes, and the carb in lentil shocker) – also had a bit of a pig out on cheese and walnuts yesterday evening.

So I thought I’d try a few weeks of still eating BSD style (and at least a litre of water at breakfast!), but not logging everything obsessively and just see how it goes
    I’ll still continue to weight myself regularly so I don’t go too far off track
    I’ve been doing it for four and a bit months now, and I think I’m just a bit bored with it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Antigone … snap! I’m doing this alone too although my OH has realised I’m not eating bread and potatoes etc but it still didn’t stop him offering me a slice of bread from a great hand made bakery shop this morning! I resisted! You’re right it’s good to have support here.

Well done Krysia!!! I can’t remember being in single figure stones …. it must have been years ago!!!

Frog … know where you’re coming from. I’ve only been here for 3 and a half months but as I said earlier my motivation is almost non-existent at the moment. Maybe it is boredom and you are so right about becoming obsessive!!! Maybe a break just following the principles will be the spur for you to carry on. Keep posting though … it’s not just about weight and carbs here it’s great to read your posts and to get your recipes, even the carby Ethiopian ones! Are you sleeping any better?

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    It’s not lacking motivation exactly – I’m just beginning to think that logging everything is making me slightly obsessive – well more obsessive about food that I ever was when I was eating too much.
    I still have a lot of weight to loose, so hopefully will continue to go down even of slowly – I just feel I’ve learned quite a lot from the last few months logging everything on MFP/Fatsecret, and I should be able to keep to BSD style eating and continue to consume less calories that I use.
    It will be an interesting experiment to see how well I do without the manic recording of everything I eat.
    I will keep logging on here though – keep a sense of still doing BSD!

& thanks, I slept really well last night.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Frog – I am so pleased that you are continuing to post as I really enjoy reading your posts and recipes. How is Froglet today?

Got on scales and was really surprised that I am down 1/4lb from yesterday to 9stone 12 3/4lbs. I am really in unknown territory now. At least the plateau is well and truly over and must have been caused by my inactivity due to the virus.

Blood sugars are still really good and I am now well into my 6th week with no insulin.

I managed to add 2 squares of 85% chocolate yesterday which I really enjoyed. I ate them really slowly – they were lovely. Carbs 24.47 calories 811.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 6 of 7

Yesteday
    Calories792
    Carbs 27.8

All sounds good BUT put on!!! Just 1lb but not the less a gain. Can’t really explain it although I have had a few ‘over’ days this week maybe they have just caught up with me.

So, I’m away now for a few days so no more weighing, of any type, until Wednesday!

I will still be around but from Tuesday, as this challenge ends, I’m popping back to 2nd 8 weeks…. for the last week of 16 so one last push in the last week!.

Then time to re-evaluate the situation. I will be carrying on. I have my diabetic review in two weeks and I really want to carry on with the Fast 800 until then but after that my thoughts are turning towards 5:2. Think I may just need a change but still time to think about that.

Anyway, I hope this is/has been a successful challenge for you, not been great for me, and we can carry on supporting each other whatever our choices are over the coming weeks.

Have a good day!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – that is puzzling but it has happened to me also – the good thing is that it suddenly sorts itself out and the weight drops again. Who knows what is going on inside our bodies – it could be retained water – it could be muscles building. But at least we know that week by week we are beating the carb monster and the diabetes monster so that in the future they will never again harm our bodies.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Bit of a slip yesterday (wine) and off out for lunch shortly. It’s looking like weekends are going to be non BSD so I’ll just have to be extra careful in the week.
    Yesterday
    Cals:985
    Carbs:50

Good luck with easing off the stat recording Frog. I am not sure I could do it yet – I am a bit addicted! I think I will always weigh myself everyday for fear of letting things slip…..

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi

I think I’m about where you are Verano – just want to try something a bit different!
    Krysia – finally cooked my lamb joint today, inspired by yours of last weekend; wasn’t great – when I looked for recipes, came across lots of posts saying it was a cut that butchers “give away” – hmm, not quite the case in Waitrose! Was a bit too fatty, will get a nicer cut next time I go shopping.
    Antigone- will definitely keep weighing to stay in check!

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 7 of 7

Well another challenge drawing to an end! Back over to ‘2nd 8 weeks …. ‘ thread for me this week for the last week of 16.

I think I have finally cracked this …. I seem to be no longer hungry!!! Away at the moment so no weighing yesterday but had eggs and smoked salmon for brunch. Dinner slightly difficult …. no starter to suit me so had a vegetable side of broccoli with garlic and chilli and then steak and Asian salad …. very virtuous ! So feeling like I’m doing a spot of 5:2 at the moment. No longer afraid of fats in food either !!

Frog the obsessive weighing has disappeared in a blink of an eye … not obsessed after all!! Next time try shoulder of lamb cooked long and slow ….. around 6hours …. lots of recipes online … delicious!

One last observation. I think this plan really is working. I put on a top yesterday that I’ve not worn for a while. It is longline but it’s now a dress!!!!! Also when I was waiting for a lift a noticed myself in a mirror and there is definitely less if me!!

So I guess it’s onwards towards goal … as Lynne would say ‘keep on keeping on’.

Hope you’ve all had a good week. Have a good day … last day make it count!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog – sorry your shoulder of lamb wasn’t very nice. Husband cooked the shoulder of lamb – around 6 hours as Verano suggested. The fat was caramelised and so wickedly yummy. Since he retired he has morphed from someone who quite literally couldn’t boil an egg to a top class chef and I am sad to report he is much better at cooking than I ever was. He calls the kitchen his kitchen now.

Verano – you are doing well with your food choices in your hotel break.

It is a lovely moment when you look in the mirror and realise the plan is really working. I bet that you are seeing that with a lot of your clothes now – not just the top that now looks like a dress. It is also so nice to catch a glimpse in the mirror and see less of you now. I am afraid I have to report a new obsession – looking in the mirror at every opportunity and thinking wow – is that person in the mirror really me.

Am realising more and more that exercise is really important to my continuing weight loss. We are continuing with our walking instead of using the car campaign for short journeys. We walked to my sister’s yesterday – only a mile and a third. We have always used the car before but it was so lovely walking. We couldn’t believe we had never thought of walking before. The dogs loved the extra walking also.

• posted by Frog
    on

HI Krysia
    It wasnt a shoulder joint, but breast of lamb – which I now know is the fattiest bit – if you think about the physiology of a lamb or sheep, it’s logical really, its the underside or belly. I know for next time. I did pull meat off of it – but I know for nest time!

Diabetic cookery course today – we’re making soups

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog – I love your updates on your diabetic cookery course. Looking forward to hearing what soups they think are good for us with diabetes. I forgot to post my carbs and calories for yesterday. 29 carbs and 826 calories.

Chicken and veg casserole for dinner salmon and a little bit of hours in cream cheese for lunch today.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Krysia, thanks – today was good, have just posted again on that thread.

I quite like the idea of having someone to cook – just a shame about his overnight bread thought!
    Feeling very full after eating lots of soup and tasting the low carb bread.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

It is wonderful to have someone to cook for you. He is very good at making BSD friendly food – so I think the aroma of overnight bread is the price I have to pay for having lots of my meals cooked for me.

The predictive text is at it again. I am having salmon and boursin cream cheese when I get back to work.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog – the low carb soup looks good. I will make it next week in half term. Although husband makes the main meals I am the soup maker and love trying different recipes.

The scales have fluctuated a bit this week. After a plateau I was 12 stone 12 1/2 lbs yesterday. But this morning 9 st 13 1/2lbs. Not sure why as I was positively saintly yesterday with 24 carbs and 860 calories. I was struggling with my voice yesterday and as my first class was 10am yesterday and my last one didn’t finish until 9pm I drunk literally bucket loads of water during the day and got awful cramps in the night and had to take some salt. So it could be retained water.

So I am reporting a half pound loss for the week. Actually I am not unhappy with that as the weight loss may be slowing a bit as I get closer to target. Blood sugars have been brilliant this week which I am really pleased with. Fasting is 4.6 almost every morning.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sorry a typo – l wasn’t 12st 12 1/2lbs yesterday – I was 9st 12 1/2lbs. I keep typing 12 stone – I think my brain still thinks that is what I am. I do get the feeling that when I look in the mirror my brain is trying to work out – who is that thinner person in the mirror.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Just an update. Because I have a diabetes review next Tuesday I have been testing my blood sugars every hour so far today. They haven’t risen above 5.5 once today – not even after breakfast or lunch. I think that is so amazing and proof that the BSD really works to control blood sugars. I feel a lot more confident about my Hba1c now.

Blood sugars are at the moment 4.2. I have a 3 hour break and have walked to a local garden centre which is being revamped. The cafe is in a temporary (very cold) tent at the moment. I get 2 free coffees a month there so I had my coffee and looked around the shop which was absolutely full of xmas stuff. It’s just too early to even think of christmas.

Am now in a lovely warm pub/restaurant – sitting on a comfortable sofa drinking a lovely coffee. I will walk back to work and microwave my chicken stirfry before I start evening classes.

Husband has given up sweets and biscuits (but still has his homemade bread and much smaller portions of potatoes) and has lost nearly half a stone. All of it off his tummy. He is eating nuts instead of biscuits when he has the munchies in the evening. He wasn’t overweight like I was.

This morning one of the class members rather hesitantly asked me if I had lost weight. She said that last week she thought I had but wasn’t sure. I can’t believe anyone would be unsure as I have lost over 2 stone – but when I thought about it I wondered if it is because I have lost the weight off my middle and other places it needed to go from but my face hasn’t got thin and haggard (thank goodness). She did ask if I had meant to lose weight so it could also have been she was concerned I was ill.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Krysia, well done on the blood sugars, that’s great news.

I think people do often refrain form commenting because they’re concerned that weight loss may be caused by ill health rather than hard work.
    When I got out of my kayak this morning, I can manage on my own, but prefer someone to hold it. Rebecca who held it steady for me was one who helped me get out of a pedalo that I got stuck in a few months ago when I first started going to the boat club, along with about four others. She said something about it getting easier when you get the hang of it – I think being three stone lighter helps too!

• posted by Antigone
    on

Good news Krysia. Woohoo Frog 3 stones! No one has commented on my 2 stone loss (slightly less today as I’ve gained a pound) but I imagine they are feeling bad for thinking I was that much fatter before! If that makes sense? The jeans that I couldn’t get done up 8 weeks ago are now too big to wear so I’m not imagining it lol! Bought chickpea flour this morning and made wraps finally – easy and a treat…

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi girls

Home now and good to catch up with you. Wonderful that everyone is losing and great news about your bloods Krysia. My appointment is the Monday after yours …. a bit nervous now but we’ll see!

Will catch up with your soup recipes Frog. The broccoli one looks good. Had this wonderful tenderstem broccoli cooked with garlic and chilli while I was away and I must find a recipe because it was lovely !

Out for dinner tonight so this will be my third day of no counting and ‘not caring’!!!
    Have had three lovely days, haven’t gone mad but have had ‘treats’ The scales will tell all tomorrow but having had three days ‘off’ am now I’m looking forward to getting back into the groove!!!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Verano – it sounds as if you’re enjoying your time away.

I just had roasted broccoli, but put a bit too much salt on it. Glass of water before I drink any wine, otherwise I’ll gulp it!
    I thought I was having broccoli soup for breakfast, but realised after I’d heated it that it was the carrot one – lots of broccoli soup in the fridge though.

I ended up having lunch while I was out – it was about 3.30, and I realised I’d had a couple of hours kayaking, and only a small bowl of soup for breakfast. I had a cheese and tomato omelette with salad – even though I’ve decided not to record my food for a while, I realised I was sitting there working out the carbs in a fairly innocuous salad (that I hadn’t even put dressing on!)

Congratulations on the jeans Antigone – I was thinking today that the tailored trousers that I bought near the start of this diet, and squeezed then fitted into after a few weeks, aren’t wildly too big, but are now decidedly loose!

Please log in or register to post a reply.