6.2 fasting blood test. Lost 5lbs in one day. Please help!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mazzawazzawoo
    on

Hi everyone. My first day was yesterday and my glucose monitor didn’t arrive until 12pm yesterday so today was my first fasting blood test ever.

OK having a semi panic now. Have just woken and taken a fasting blood test at home and it’s 6.2. This is pre-diabetes. I did a test yesterday 2 hours after breakfast and it was 5.3 so I presumed I was OK.

I have also jumped on the scales and am now 18st 11lbs.
    In one day after weeing loads I have lost 5lbs.
    I understand this is water but isn’t it too much for my first day? And then to wake to a 6.2 blood sugar test! I’m in a panic now.

Please can anyone advise. I went on this diet as I’m ludicrously overweight and have failed every other diet out there. I didn’t think I was pre-diabetes yet. I thought it was years away…….

Thank you.

I have put this post on my diary on here too as a reference to look back on.

• posted by Frog
    on

I guess that proves the logic of NICE recommending against home testing then.
    Use the search box for the numerous pre-existing threads on fasting blood sugar.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Many many variable results from fasting bloods – use SEARCH as Frog says

And CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss – be pleased not panicked.

🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

rather than needing to post things twice, you can always look back of your own posts by going to your profile and clicking on ‘replies created’
    you can also find other people’s posts in this way too, if you recall seeing something interesting and remember who it was by, but not which thread.

Please log in or register to post a reply.