5 weeks today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LukeT
    on

Hi All
    Today I have reached 5 weeks and have lost 6kg – this is obviously a good loss in my opinion, but I’m a bit demotivated by the fact I’ve only lost 0.5kg in the last 10 days while sticking to the regime. On some days, I’m probably going lower than 800 calories!
    I’ve got 3 weeks to go, so I don’t think I’ll be hitting the ‘average’ 14kg loss! I’m now at 89kg and I had a target of 82/83kg by the 8 weeks.

Has anybody else just stopped losing? Can’t see myself losing 2kg a week from now unless I drop to seriously low calories. For context I record all foods and I do 45 mins of spin class 3 times a week.

Any help or motivation appreciated! Pretty gutting on the scales today.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Luke, welcome and well done on your loss so far.

Stalls in weight loss are common, particularly after a month or so, but if you stick with it, your weight will start to drop again. Your body just needs a bit of time to readjust, so weight loss is not always linear.

Are you drinking lots of water, and counting carbs? If you lower your carb consumption, that can often start the ball rolling (downhill) again. Most people aim at no more than 50g carbs a day, but some people, particularly if insulin resistant, need to drop to 20g to achieve consistent weight loss.

Keep going, it will happen. Good luck.

• posted by LukeT
    on

Thanks Theodora.

Yes. Im not eating more than 50g of carbs a day – in fact less. I do need to uptick my water intake a bit, as when I’m busy at work I tend to forget.

I’m not diabetic, just doing this for weight management, as I’m on an SNRI for migraines which throws on about 15kg.

Thanks

Luke

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Luke – I’d say try to find a strategy to up your fluid intake – bottle on the corner of the desk type thing. Good hydration is important for the body working at it’s optimum and is especially important for weight loss. It seem you are doing everything else right, so just stick with it and I’m sure weight loss will kick in again. As Theodora said, weight loss is not linear and whilst stalls and slow downs are normal and common, it is frustrating and disheartening when you’re the one facing it.

Some of us lose slowly – me included – but you will get there, meanwhile use you loss so far to bolster you and look for non-scales victories as well – smaller waist, not finding exercise as difficult, feeling fitter, sleeping better, etc.

Hope that you will be reporting good losses again soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.