4th day, i have a couple of questions??

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Claire12345
    on

Hi All,

So far so good, after weighing myself, i have lost 6lbs!
    I made Bolognese with Quorn mince, bit what mince do i use? Ordinary, lean or extra lean?

My tummy is shrinking & don’t feel as bloated. I did have a glass of wine & Chocolate on Saturday as a treat day.

How is everyone else getting on?

Claire

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Claire12345 – welcome to the forum and well done on that loss in just four days. Was a little confused by the question, by basically, you can use whatever mince you like, as long as you account for the calories in your daily allowance. The leaner the mince, the lower the calories will be, but remember that fat is no longer the baddy, so there is no need to go to the expense of extra lean mince.

Keep up the good work and keep posting your results and questions.

• posted by Claire12345
    on

Thanks sunnyB.

Should read…But what mince can i use. I suppose i could use the lean mince then.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Do you know how many calories you take once down to your goal weight,?

Thanks
    Claire

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well as I said, you can use any mince, as long as you account for the calories, so yes, the lean mince should work fine. If you want to reduce the calories further, you could use extra lean beef mince or even turkey mince.

Think once you get down to goal weight, it’s a case of trial and error, to see how your body hands the increases. I have found in periods of maintenance along the way, that I can keep reasonable control, as long as I stick to the principles of the BSD and largely avoid the bad carbs. I admit though, that small increases in weight occurred and that I haven’t actually don’t a proper period of maintenance at goal weight yet, so can’t say for sure how things would work long term. I am close to goal and so hopefully will be in a position soon, to find out how things work longer term.

There are lots of people on the forum who are in maintenance, so have a check around and see if you can glean a better answer from one of them. Try using the search box in the top right corner of the page, to look for specific topics.

Good luck Claire.

Please log in or register to post a reply.