4 weeks in and a side effect I do not mind!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sianeyb
    on

4 weeks in, eating fabulous food, lost 1stone 2lb so far and getting the ” have you lost weight” comments from people now which is always lovely. Yes I feel hungry at times, usually around 3.30pm, a jar of 30g mixed nuts helps stem the cravings until dinner. I have made curries from scratch, husband enjoying the variety of food but he has carbs with his and my Nurtribullet has been a great investment.
    For over a year now I have been suffering from cronic ankle/foot pain . After months of investigations a benign tumour was found and removed last August. Since then my foot has been in agony, unable to walk any distance, pain kept me awake at night, painkillers taken by the hour, unable to shop for goodness sake and my life impacted significantly, it was pretty miserable. Numerous scans , blood tests etc could not determine the cause of the ongoing cronic pain. On a scale of 1-10 I would wake up at a 7 and it would move to 9 by the evening. Now for the positive bit! One week into the diet and the pain was improving, 3 weeks in and it is almost unnoticable. I am walking without a limp or a stick, I am walking the dog again, I am able to walk up stairs without going one at a time ,it is unbelievable.
    I had checks for arthritis, gout etc and I wonder if it was a gluten intolerance effecting my joints?
    Anyone else have any long term pain reduced by this diet?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi sianeb.

I have various health conditions which cause pain. Before starting the BSD I had become accustomed to using a walking stick more often – sometimes to get up from the chair or up the stairs, or walking round airports. Get the picture?

Now after 17 weeks on the BSD I don’t need the stick. The lady time Imused it was to close the garage door that had rolled too far up! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Many of us are finding benefits we never dreamed of when we began this ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Yes, it seems chronic pain can be affected. Both my wife and I have improved with fewer pains and less of them since we lost our weights 16 kg me and 8 kg her. We are both in Normal BMI ranges now and have other issues but are still much better in many ways.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi sianeyb, you could indeed have a gluten intolerance as that can cause joint pain and all sorts of symptoms. Mild gluten intolerance has also recently been implicated in fibromyalgia.

As captainlynne says lots of us are finding undreamed off benefits from this diet, in fact lynne and I no longer suffer from acid reflux – and we are not alone in that respect.

So hopefully you will just go on improving!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by sianeyb
    on

Thanks all
    Yes my acid reflux has also gone , I have put all the Rennies spread around the house into the medicine cupboard!
    Still not sleeping great but at least I can walk!
    Keep up the great work guys
    Sian x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi sianeyb could you put that about your acid reflux in the ‘list your improvements’ thread? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Skywalker would you put your improvements in that thread too? ๐Ÿ™‚

I thought it might be useful to prof taylor and dr m.

Please log in or register to post a reply.