4 Days in…. no weight loss???? Help!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kimkai
    on

Hi everyone…
    I started on the BSD Monday morning, it’s now Thursday night and the scales haven’t moved ๐Ÿ™
    I’ve been sticking to the 800 calorie count, walking for 45 mins everyday, drinking the water…. don’t know if I’m being too hasty.. but most people report rapid weight loss in the first week.
    I am overweight.. 5’3″ and weigh 13 st so would have expected to see a difference… has anyone else ever experienced this?

Please help!!!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi and welcome Kimkai. If you are really sticking to the principles of the diet then you should lose quite quickly. However, not everyone’s body reacts in the same way and loses straight away. Unfortunately for you, It looks like yours maybe one of them ๐Ÿ™. Hang in there, it does work. Lots of people report the “whoosh effect” i.e. sudden and possibly large amounts lost in one go (you can search for it in the top right hand search box). Keep going, keep to the principles and your body will give in ๐Ÿ˜€. Good luck and keep posting. If there are tweaks you need to make, there’s always someone on here with answers.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Kimkai – my advise would be to check how you are using your calories, as not all calories are equal. Take a look at the carbs that you are taking in with the calories and try to get them at about 50g or less a day. Include some good fats in your cals as well, as this will help to kick start the fat burning process.
    Try not to be too disheartened and stick with it – logic says that if you are on 800cals a day, the weight has to drop at some point! It will happen, it’s just that we are all different and lose at different rates. Like you, I lose slowly. It is frustrating sometimes, especially when you read of folks losing pounds and pounds each week, but try not to see the success of others as your failure. You will have positive results soon, so embrace them when they happen and use them as a stepping stone to your next achievement.
    Good luck … we’ll look forward to reading you positive results soon.

• posted by Kimkai
    on

Thanks guys for the positive words and encouragement! Really need it.
    Day 5 over, and the scales are showing 1.5 lbs lost ๐Ÿ™
    I’ve been really careful with my carb intake i.e I’m not having any carbs at all. No bread, pasta, potatoes, sugars etc…
    But I suppose it’s true, everyone’s different and weight loss is individual for everyone.
    Will stick with it, hoping to have a euphoric moment soon. Thanks for your replies xx

• posted by shalimar
    on

Are you counting the calories and carbs in your vegetables? Vegetables and greens have carbs. Root vegetables have more carbs than the above ground carbs. Leafy stuff has calories and carbs also. So do condiments and salad dressings, gravy, etc. Coffee creamer, milk, cheese etc. have carbs too. You have to count everything.

Fruit has tons of carbs and calories. Are you eating enough healthy fats (no processed vegetable oils).?

Please log in or register to post a reply.