4 days in….have chest infection and craving carbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pinklady51
    on

Hello all. I hope everyone is well. I took the plunge on Monday and started the BSD. As I need to lose weight fast because of other issues but blood sugars fine I am excited by this diet. The idea is sound and I have enjoyed it so far. However 4 nights of disrupted sleep and a chest infection is leaving me feeling like hell. Craving carbs like crazy but trying to avoid the toast and marmalade pick me up. Timing could not have been worse right! Also need vegetarian inspiration! Any words of wisdom such as what do you do with the diet when you feel like hell? Also did any one else get thunder snow yesterday like we did in Sussex????

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi PinkLady51,
    Don’t exacerbate a chest infection by sending confusing signals to brain and body. Get rid of infection before challenging your system. There is no point in making life unbearable. Fast800 etc are rewarding but you need to be ready – body and mind in order to succeed. Eat what you must but a few weeks you will not seek such things as toast and marmalade – it is your addiction to refined carbs that is driving the craving – a simple addiction for which there is a cure but it takes a few determined weeks to “get it” properly. Get well, try again later and you will be glad you did…

• posted by pinklady51
    on

Hi skywalker. I have decided to take this week as my experimental week of what works and what doesn’t for me. I have enjoyed the food etc which is great but probably need to be a little more concious of how much I am eating. I’m happy that although not many pounds lost I can actually get into my jeans! Not bad for a hell week! Happy days.

Please log in or register to post a reply.