4.20 am – awake after snoring loudly and rowing about weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Scater
    on

Hi, I bought the book a week ago and have nearly finished it. My husband is angry that I want to start something new. He wants to encourage me back to slimming world but it didn’t work as I stopped going and have just weighed myself to find it’s all back on again. I’m going to start next Wednesday as I’m in hotels until then with work. I look forward to sharing my journey.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Sorry your husband isn’t supportive. Would it help to suggest he reads the book before speaking against it?

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hi Scater and welcome!

I’m one of those that wouldn’t allow anyone to dictate what I can and can’t do I’m afraid! Do the BSD and show him you can and will do it.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Scater, welcome to the forums.
    Try to get him to have a quick read through these forums and see the amount of success others are having.
    If that doesn’t work make hi a deal, something like I’ll do this for 2 weeks and if I don’t lose weight I’ll go back to the commercial diet.
    If you are like most others you will have seen big changes, not just weight loss by then.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Scater, welcome to the forums and the BSD way of life. As well as the advice Bill gave why not point out that you don’t have to pay weekly fees on this diet?? You could suggest you will save the fee money in a pot and treat him to a meal out with it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Scater
    on

Thanks for all your support. I will try and get him to engage but I’m going to do it either way.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good for you, Scater, after all it is your health, nobody’s elses – not even the OHs!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Spirit
    on

Yes, good for you Scater. I agree with hashimoto, it’s your life, your health. You don’t have to do any deals with anyone as in, I’ll try it for xxx.

You do what you want to do. end of

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi scatter,
    Use your hotel room time to read the book again, write out meal plans, go on you tube and listen to Michael Moseley talking about keeping healthy. Read the section we have about recipes and the blog stream called what I ate today.
    So when you land back home , you hit the ground running.
    Your hubby will not realise you are in the blood sugar diet, when you eat bacon, eggs, mushroom tomatoes for breakfast.
    Meat, fish, feta or cheese salad for lunch.
    Steak and veg , or fish and veg for tea.
    Feed him this and he won’t know HE is in it either.

Don’t argue, don’t shout, it just stresses you out and makes you eat daft things.

Just have a time out with him and eat the above. You can lose pounds a week.

We are all here for you, keep in touch.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Scater
    on

Thanks all. Just done the weeks shop online. Got everything I need. Trying out a day to see how I feel. I do feel supported.

• posted by Scater
    on

So good news I started on Saturday and I’ve barely felt hungry I fitted around being away with work. Husband much more supportive and mum also having a look at the book. I’ve lost 4lbs, stomach a bit weird at times and a bit constipated but I guess things are settling down. Happy days. Xx thanks for all your support.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Scater, glad things are going well. Try a teaspoon of milled flax seed on your yoghurt – works a treat for constipation! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Scater
    on

Milled flax has worked well. Thank you Hashimoto. Have lost 6lbs in a week and I’ve loved it!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

wow Scater! 6lbs in a week! Phew, you will be sylph like in no time! ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.