3 weeks until Christmas !! Make a pledge !! Week beginning December 3rd 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes…3 weeks to go before Christmas. Pledge to make some small changes and you can establish good habits which will be helpful to limit the damage over the festive season !!!

Maybe pledge not to indulge in any pre Christmas carby nibbles ( yuk !!) Some pledge to reduce/give up weekend drinkies ?? Whatever your challenge, feel free to come and join us .

This is not a normal week for me as I will be home late on several evenings so I pledge to include some more frequent fasts.

I will check in when I get a break and wish you all a successful week !!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wendy, thank you for once again hosting the weekly thread, even though you are very busy. I am feeling much more positive today, having found the damage from the w/e was much less than I feared, with a gain of 0.8lb.

My pledge for this week is to continue with the 10min daily exercise regime and to eat mindfully, avoiding all the awful white stuff.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Thank u Wendleg for setting up this thread..I’m back with a vengeance 😁 I’ve been away visiting my family and got to spend time babysitting my 2 littlest grandaughters. I also somehow managed to discard 500g although I don’t know how, as I ate a few carb filled meals, but I’m taking it.
    My pledge is to keep to this woe and resist the carb monster.
    My hubby leaves to go interstate on Friday he starts a new job and I’ll be joining him in a few months when our house sells. I’m going to be lighter and healthier by the time I see him coz there will be no unwanted food in the house 😁.
    Have a great day/ night wherever u may be ☺️❤️

• posted by wendleg
    on

Wishing you a great week Waitaminute . You are sounding very determined, fantastic ! Wish I had grandkiddies !
    Lots of changes happening in your life…very exciting xx

• posted by Au secours
    on

My pledge is not to be tempted by sugary carbs, In the past when tempted by any sweets I haven’t really enjoyed them because I feel guilty that once again I have succumbed to the siren call of sugar. I have always found it impossible to stop at one sweet or piece of chocolate, so I am determined that I will not put anything sweet in my month for the next three weeks. Have a great lc day everyone. 😊

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Right, only 3 weeks left until Christmas so I pledge to get serious and stop messing about.
    Currently heading in the wrong direction with my weight and slipping back into bad eating habits again.
    I’m going to stop trying (and mixing up) all the different ways of eating such as IF, TRE, OMAD and calorie counting as it’s getting confusing and not helping any. I need to focus on one thing at a time.
    So, from tomorrow, and for one weekly only, I’m going to concentrate on keeping my carbs as low as I can. I’m being realistic here and know that I can’t start from today…….I have workmen in and I bought chocolate biscuits to go with their tea and coffees but those who know me will know that I really can’t resist chocolate when it’s in the house! I’m eating more biscuits than the workmen. My aim is to bin whatever biscuits are left once the workmen leave…….even if it involves a few tears 😢

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Right you are Scottishgirl, are those chokky biscuits in the bin yet? And tea leaves on top of them to make it inedible 😀 Don’t worry about the workmen, they just want two sugars
    What is your meal plan for this evening? For tomorrow?

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I pledge to start exercising for 10 minutes a day this week. I think about it, I look at my exercise bike, my yoga mat, my kettle balls; oh do you think I should actually follow through? 😀
    I’m going to get on the bike and try a gentle HIIT routine that I used to do several months ago before I got distracted.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Scottishgal, …..or you could always give the biscuits to the workmen as they leave.
    You’ve got my complete sympathy, we share the same weakness for chocolate. xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Happy to report a 1.25lb loss after my disasterous 3lb gain. Knew it had to be a fluke and will lose the rest over the next couple of days. Still doing 50 mins exercise x 4 days. Daughter has just re-joined her gym in UK and has 2 free passes for December so I know where I will be leading up to Christmas and they have 2 swimming pool, one is outside and although heated to 25 degrees it is still bl—dy freezing but I love it.

• posted by JGwen
    on

My pledge this week is to stick rigidly to 18 :6, no coffee with cream outside of the eating window and to close my eating window at least 3 hours before I go to bed.

I have already bought myself my first “reward ” for sticking to this. I have long fancied having one of the “horse riding” exercise machines. They were popular a decade ago, and fell out of fashion. Someone was selling a second hand one locally the other day. and I went over to try it. – It feels nothing like any horse I have ridden, but I can see how it could work your core muscles, so I bought it.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Thank u Wendleg, yes it is all very exciting, lots of changes happening . I’m going to be further away from my grandkids so it’s not all going to be fun 😕 because it means more travel and fewer visits. I have to try to look on the brightside which means in the long run we can move closer to them all so it’s all to set up for the future.
    I’m with u scottishgal I can’t mix everything up either. At the moment I’m not eating the bad stuff and sticking to just 2 meals a day because if I count calories and cut carbs and fast and everything else it does my head in so it’s easier this way.
    Well done on your loss sunshine girl 👍😁.
    Patricia u have more determination than me in the exercise department..I’m laaaaaazy!! I take my fur baby for a walk ,do some gardening weather permitting on the gardening front and dance whilst doing housework that’s my limit to exercise 😕 which is weird coz when I was younger I’d do weight training and walk for miles..there’s no excuse for my laziness I know. Every now and then I’d get the treadmill out and use it for a week or two then give up coz I’d get bored. I have given it to my daughter because I don’t want to pack it for the move 🙃(that’s my excuse anyway) .
    Right I’m off to start the day.
    Have a great day/ night wherever u may be ☺️❤️

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Waitaminute, yes I have just done the 10 minutes on the bike.
    I was exercising my core by sitting upright and lifting as I pedalled; my two intense intervals were 60 second at twice the resistance. Feel good and I’ll keep doing that every evening raising the intensity after a while.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry I have been too busy to check in the last couple of days. I am getting through reports and meetings with my eye on the prize of Friday 20th December !
    I managed an extended fast as a result of my long days and it felt good to fit that into the Week.
    Glad to hear of your result, Sunshine girl !
    Are you managing to resist the sugar, Au Secours ? Have you thought of reading John Yudkin’s book ” Pure White and Deadly ” ?
    My strategy has developed to consideri sugar as a poison to my body , that does me no good and once that mindset takes hold sugary stuff has no appeal. I am not saying it happened overnight but I started thinking of sugar as an insidious little monster a bit like nicotine monsters for smokers !
    Hope all goes well for your hubby’s move, Waitaminute.. Stay focused so you will feel great when you join him .
    Oh Scottishgal ….I obviously haven’t nagged you enough ! It’s good that you are getting back in control before too much damage is done. Choccy biccies are not good for you, you know that don’t you ? Don’t buy the blooming things !!
    Hi Patricia !! You have inspired me to get on my exercise bike ! Good to see you here. How is your maintenance going ?
    I love hearing that you are rewarding yourself, JGwen . You deserve it !

I hope everyone is feeling ok in the run up to Christmas xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am taking a big risk posting this as I will probably be considered a party pooper !!!!!

I received an email today from the people who wrote the Carbs and Cals books (visuals of different foods and their carb and calorie values) It’s really shocking to see how many carbs are in a bowl of rice for example. I like pictures ! 😉
    The email included a list of Christmas and buffet foods

Here goes……………
    84g carbs and 978 cals in Traditional Christmas dinner

108g carbs and 636 cals in 200g of Christmas pudding with 2tbsp brandy cream

Mince pie with cream (130g pies and 20g cream ) 79g carbs and 566 cals

A 60g piece of Christmas fruit cake has 33g carbs and 200cals

Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible how it all adds up

Just to make you feel better ………..

A glass of champagne has 2g carbs and 95 cals

xxxxx

• posted by Au secours
    on

Hi wendleg, I have resisted sugar and will continue to do so. I read Yudkins’s book many many years ago, but, unfortunately, I still ate sugary carbs, but those days are over. I have finally learnt my lesson. I have so many beautiful clothes which now fit me again, so I will not be indulging ever again, as I love all my slim clothes, and know that my days of being tempted and sabotaging myself, are finally over. I hope everyone else is being strong and resisting the white poison. We can do it if we really want to and I do really want to be in control, and ignore the sugar monster. 😊

• posted by wendleg
    on

Great ! I’m with you all the way Au secours ! 👏👏👏😚

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Wendleg, it’s good to be back. I’m doing well in maintaining, still enjoy yoghurt and dark chocolate which helps.

The bike is great in winter isn’t it!

on

Clocked up 150 mins exercise so far this week and hoping to do another 30 mins (exercise runs from Sun to Sat according to my log on Sparkpeople. Gained weight is coming off slowly so decided to have a strict weekend, stay strict next week and I have my blood tests on Friday morning. Doctors on Monday so will have to stay strong until then. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone, Im back from my holiday in vietnam .I came home with a head cold and feeling really tired.It seems all the walking has kept my weight in control as I allowed myself to eat freely especially when treated to fine dinning restruants the food is very good. NOW I’m planning to stay on track and increase my walking. Ive decided to allow 3 days of less restricted eating for christmas.24th till 26th then to get back on track.I hope everyone is well and focused.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    Sorry I am late posting. I always seem to be apologising but this is the worst term for me. It will soon be over and I will never have to do it again. !
    I have to find some time to pack my suitcase for our trip to the Uk .
    How is everyone doing ? Good to hear from you Butterlover. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and the good food.
    I hope you have had a good weekend Sunshine girl and I am sure your doctor will be pleased with you tomorrow, as always
    How is everyone feeling as Christmas approaches ?

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all, time has gotten away from me and I haven’t posted for a few days. Hubby is on his way interstate and I’ve been so busy in the garden. I’ve still got heaps to do so I’m not eating until waaaay later in the day which is great. I’m not hungry so why eat right?
    I also haven’t weighed myself so I’m hoping all this work and fasting pays off. I have to keep reminding myself to keep drinking tho, it’s easy to forget when I’m busy. I made the most delicious creamy celery and ginger soup on Friday just chucked everything together after frying onion and chili . I didn’t follow any recipe but it was very nice.some left for dinner tonight. Well that’s me for now I’ve got a fur baby needing her walk then it’s back to the garden ..
    Enjoy your day/night wherever u may be ☺️

on

Hi All, Wendleg, the way I wrote last post was slightly misleading I was writing on Saturday so my reference was blood test Friday – that will be this Friday, then doctors on Monday – that is after the Friday tests, so Monday 16th. Thanks for your good wishes and I too am sure it will be okay. Excess weight coming off slowly after a very sober weekend although I nearly caved in on Saturday evening but remained strong. Keeping on keeping on…

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am trying to set up a new weekly thread but I am being blocked ….

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yeah !!!!! At last ….I can post again

No idea why I got blocked ???

A new weekly thread ??? Who’s up for another weekly pledge ??

I will set it up and hope to have some company 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.