3 weeks to the wedding -help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

I like easy reach grab foods, chicken salad, cheese and have less than 3 weeks to the wedding!!! Any easy go to meals you can recommend. Many thanks

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Skinnyjeans!
    Some easy things I like that work for me:
    Breakfasts: Egg (boiled, scrambled, poached, fried) with bacon OR bowl of natural yoghurt with berries
    Coffee with cream
    Snacks: Babybels and handful of nuts, piece of dark chocolate
    Lunches: Heat flask of soup in the morning and cube some cheese to melt in it at lunchtime OR tuna mayo OR little pot of meat and soft cheese
    Sometimes mix peanut butter and soft cheese and make a little dip
    Hummus
    Dinners: Meat and veg – plan ahead and have some meat ready or I go for eggs again
    I can’t actually eat salad but I’m sure it would be quite easy to chop it up in the morning and add a sliced hard boiled egg and cheese, or cold chicken or little bits of bacon….
    I know its not ideal to buy too many processed foods but hey if I’m caught out I will buy a packet of ham and a bit of cheese for lunch and some raspberries! I think even KFC do quite a low carb chicken salad. You can also get yeo valley natural Greek yoghurt in mini multipacks of 4 which are so easy to take out with you.
    It’s so key to count though, for successful results.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

A bag of stirfry veges . . . divide into four take away boxes – add snow peas shallots/leek – cold lamb/chicken/beef/pork/bacon and a dollop of olive party dip. Great lunches! . . . steam the veges in a frypan after browning off the onions in a little butter with garlic or whatever flavour you might like . . . heat the cold meat through and tooss the vege box on top with baby spinach and steam quickly. Agree with the eggs for breakfast and today saw n idea of an avocado with seed and a small spoon full of flesh removed. An egg broken into the recess and topped with bacon, or heese or shallots. Another idea was minced beef . . . flavoured as you like . . . then pressed into individual pattycake tin for the crust . . . filled with whipped egg and all sorts of things – baked into mini quiches!!! Looked delicious. Frozen prawns with garlic and ginger tossed with bok choy, shallots, capsicum and whatever you like is a VERY quick meal! Dont stress yourself about weighing . . . the weight will go all by itself. . . I believe weighing just stresses us more. All the best for your wedding and life head 🙂

• posted by Squidge
    on

Youghurt with fruit.

Scrambled eeggs – just crack into a jug, add seasoning and a splash of milk, whisk up with a fork. Put in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to whisk again until done. If you’re really in a hurry, eat straight from the jug.

Buy a ready made mixed salad (no dressing or anything, just the veg) tip onto a plate with a couple of hard boiled eggs, piece of cheese, or slice of cooked meat.

If you make chilli, curry, soup etc, do a big batch and freeze measured portions, so you just need to heat and eat.

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

Thank you for your really useful information x

Please log in or register to post a reply.