3 weeks in and the weightloss has stopped

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PeggyCarterRogers
    on

So far I’ve lost a stone and 5 inches off my stomach which is amazing! I haven’t lost any weight in almost a week though – has anyone else had this? I’m hoping that if I just carry on it’ll gradually pick up again.

• posted by debs14
    on

That is fantastic so far. I lost 6.5 kg in 10 weeks. Don’t get discouraged. The weight will come off. Many things play a role. If you are exercising, you may be building muscle and that weighs more then fat. Keep up the hard work and YOU WILL BENEFIT,

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Wow…. three weeks and a stone lost that is truly amazing. Well done That is great progress.
    Not surprised your body is slowing down a bit.
    Weight loss fluctuates loads. I’ve had weeks where I’ve lost nothing and weeks where I’ve gained weight.
    On Week 15 and intending to stick with it till I reach a healthy BMI.
    Overall the weight goes down……down……down!!!!!!

• posted by debs14
    on

Hi Ay Caramba, That is great that you have been going for 15 weeks. How low do you keep your carb intake? Have you had many cheat days?

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi deb14
    Not very good on the carb count front though I know others swear by it and it seems to work very well for them.
    I do try to keep under 800 calories.
    Of course I’ve cheated sometimes…..holidays, birthdays and special occasions ……the odd glass of wine etc.
    But have always tried to stick to the main principles of the diet and avoided the starchy, sugary and processed stuff as much as possible.
    So we can’t beat ourselves up about occasional cheats.
    Well done on your weight loss btw and how much more do you want to lose?

• posted by PeggyCarterRogers
    on

That’s wonderful to hear, thanks for the reassurance! And well done too. Exercise is an issue as I have back trouble, but I’m walking more (about 5000 steps a day on average instead of 2000/3000) and swimming half a mile at least once a week.

• posted by debs14
    on

Hi Ay Caramba,
    I want to lose another 5kg. I lost about 12kg in 2010 and was able to keep it off for many years. When I increased my carbs and portions and ate a bit of crap for a short period of time, I gained back 5kgs. I keep my carbs under 35 grams and try to eat them by lunchtime. You must be able to have a life and a few cheat eats. Just need to keep them to a minimum if you want results.
    How much longer will you do the 800cal?

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi everyone,
    Peggy CarterRogers – if you look back in the ‘weigh in’ thread of 22/4/16 my weight stood still in Week 3. It’s frustrating, I still remember
    the feeling, but I stuck with the BSD and trusted the process and have been losing regularly since.
    It’s worth reflecting on how your week went eg has your water intake been adequate (2-3 litres/day), have you been including enough healthy fats, do you need to tweak your carbs?
    Yes, definitely stay with it – you already reached that conclusion.
    Best wishes for your BSD journeys everyone.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi debs14.
    What’s not to like …..weight loss and feeling much better?.
    Will stick with 800 cals until I reach my healthy weight range and review options after that.
    Happy days.

• posted by Jakkianne
    on

Am having the same problem in week three. 11 pounds down the first two weeks, then, this week, nothing. Nearly lost it today, tired and despondent, but have planned a super soft boiled egg salad with humus and salsa for tea, which will just keep me on track for 800. Really hope that those scales start moving again soon.

• posted by Jakkianne
    on

I did record a loss of two pounds at the end of week three, but have now gone up by a pound. Oh dear. Fewer than 800 yesterday, swam a mile and played 18 holes of golf.

• posted by Frog
    on

frustrating isn’t it Jackianne
    I lost lots the first couple of days, then have been see sawing up and down between half a kilo (99..2/99.7/99.5 etc) – even though I am a bit more active and easily eating a fifth of the calories that I used to )and probably 10% or less of the carbs) I need to really up the exercise I think – but swimming a mile sounds impressive, so that doesnt seem to be the problem for you.
    I figure that I have had this extra weight for many, many years, and it will take a while for my sluggish metabolism to kick in.

Good luck with it, persevere!

• posted by Jakkianne
    on

Thanks for the encouragement. I think you are right about sluggish metabolism, from which I suffer too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.