2P or not 2P

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Hi, I’m in the second week of the plan and have have started to lose weigh, sleep better, wake up feeling more refreshed and no real hunger pangs (so far). The only thing that I have noticed is that I’m having to pee much more than before. Before the diet I always made sure I drank plenty of fluids and have not made any significant changes to the amount I drink. However, I am peeing much much more and also need to get up most nights to relieve the bladder. Is this a result of the diet, has anyone else experienced similar problems. Thanks for any feedback.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi,
    it sounds completely normal to me, especially in the first couple of weeks.
    Week 1 you would start to lose fluid anyway as the sugars that are bound to water in your cells are rinsed from your body. After that, it’s really just the results of the high fluid intake.
    You don’t say if you are diabetic, but high urination in diabetics is one of the body’s ways of getting rid of excess sugar.

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Hi Bill1954, thanks for the reply. My GP told me that I have insulin resistance and a step away from Type 2. I guess that I have a lot of sugar bound water to lose as I started the plan at 120kg ( almost 19 stone in old money) and have lost 5kg in just 10 days. That’s a whole bucket of water.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh yes but a proportion of that will be fat.
    5Kg is not to be sniffed at, imagine how much lard or butter that represents.
    You are well on the way, exciting times ahead 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.