2nd 8 weeks starting Tuesday August 30th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning!
    well sort of -I went to bed quite late, so may go back to sleep!

BSD day 5 reboot – 2.7 kilo!!!
    day 1 – Lost 0.4 kilos
    day 2 – Lost 0.7 kilos
    day 3 – Lost 0.5 kilos
    day 4 – Lost 0.5 kilos
    day 5 – Lost 0.6 kilos

I did have a longish walk yesterday, along the canal to Primrose Hill, but that was with a glass of wine and chocolate ice cream with raspberries sometime around midnight!
    If I hadn’t have had glitches and had lost at that rate since I started BSD I’d have lost 65 kilos by now – I wish 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning Frog

Glad I’m not the only one up and at it early. Your reboot is going very well, I’m delighted for you, had you put on weight or just rebooting the interest, do you have much more to loose to get to target.
    My reboot started Friday
    So day 1 sat. Lost .8 kilo
    Day 2 lost .3 kilo
    Day 3 today lost .8 kilo
    So I have .1 kilo and I am back to my pre hol weight yeaaaaaaa, then I can crack on towards my goal which hopefully I will get near to by Xmas. Working from home today so nice day ahead, how about you. 😊

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Him I;m back after a weekend of rest and mindfulness with a new mindset for the BSD. Long haul for me so taking it slowly and going to enjoy the plan and not let it control my life. Glass of wine now and then.

GREENJANET is the Poldark and new series, I missed last week but recorded last nights.

I was speaking to a couple of medical people and getting their take on this diet. They are all in favour although there is a screw up of the nose when you mention 800 calories. The point for them is that as it is not recognised by NICE it is not in their power to advocate it. The best they can do is leave it up to us and say if that is what you are doing it is up to you. They have the mindset that if it all goes wrong they were not to blame. Once NICE pulls its finger out and follows the recommendations by Public Health Collaboration UK no medical person will condone it. There are exceptions as I met a nurse from Birmingham (my daughter sat next to her on the flight here) and she wanted to talk to me about it. The hospital she works at are running trials, some patients on low carb high fat, some on high carb low fat, to see what the difference is. The more this happens and the results are good, they are on their way to including it in their advice.

In the meantime, we are the ones benefiting because we know better. One final thing, my doctor said he couldn’t ask his patients to go on the full plan as they would think he had gone mad. A French person without their baguette, non merci. I hope he has done his homework by the next time I see him.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan
    For the first 13 weeks, when I followed BSD reasonably well (only one or two bingy weekends) and on average lost about a kilo a week – then I sort of pleateud – then after three weeks of hovering around the same weight, I realised that the calories and carbs were over pretty much every day, and I’d more or less slipped into maintenance.
    I’d lost maybe another kilo, but I really need to loose another 25-30 to get to a normal BMI, so had to “do a Lynne” and keep to it very seriously for a lot longer.

The results of the last few days have been incredibly encouraging, so dodgy recipes from the Diabetes Cookery Class aside (one meal 1300 calories and 150g of carb!!! I adjusted it, but still v v carby), will be sticking to BSD quite assiduously now – certainly for a further 8 weeks, or until I reach my targets.

Your’e doing really well too – 0.1 of a kilo is only a pee away!

I probably needed more sleep this morning, but went back to sleep and didn’t wake up until 9.40 – the cookery class was at 10, so 20 minutes to shower, dress and get there. I was a bit late, but made it before they got going.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Frog
    So we have about the same amount to loose, hopefully we can support each other on the back seat together. I’m just going to plug away at it, cope with one week at a time, and as Linda a said to me today it’s just a matter of time .
    Cals today 685 but 55 carbs, had the cheesy beans, and forgot how high they are. Do you have a spirallizer if so are they good. Hope you have a nice evening
    Regards jan

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan – better than me with the held of the dodgy diabetes cookery class – 87g of carb
    I haven’t eaten anything since lunch, so calories only a bit over at 812 – and so tired & carby after lunch to sleepy to go for a long walk.
    Nordic walking tomorrow, and I usually have a long walk on Hampstead Heath afterwards, so that might undo the damage.

I’ve been at choir rehearsal this evening, first one back after the summer – took my mind of being grouchy about the cookery class!
    Yes, love my spiralizer – I have a small pencil sharpener one at the moment, I might get a larger one so that I can do a wider variety of vegetables.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Well done Frog it’s amazing what happens when we put our mind to things!

Great Jan nearly back to your pre holiday weight.

Well I’m on holiday so at the end of week 10 have to report a gain of 1.4 lbs! Might sound funny but I’m really quite pleased with that. Usually put on about 5lbs, and there is time yet, but I am keeping a very careful eye on my scales each day and have managed to stick with the same number for the last five days.

Sunshine -girl you are so right about NICE they do work in mysterious ways and it’s great to hear that there are some trials being done in Birmingham. But I suppose NICE hasto be cautious. I had a hip resurfacing in 2000 when it was still experimental, according to NICE and it really was great as far as I was concerned. I lost that hip 9 years ago and one of the pitfalls of that hip was that it was far more difficult to replace than a standard hip because it involved removing a far greater portion of the acetabular. Something that would only come to light in time. Similarly there have been lots of reports of metal on metal hips causing high levels of metal ions in the blood! So maybe we can’t castigate NICE completely.

I’ve re-read the book and I suppose the fast 800 is only recommended for the first 8 weeks although I’m sure that it does say that you could continue longer. As we know from Lynne it does work but what we don’t know about are any, if there are, long term damages. I suppose the only vague guide would be to look at people who have bariatric surgery in the long term and that may give some indication of any problems, but even then their calories are restricted even further, so maybe not a comparison at all!

I guess you pay your money and take your chance! Or calculated risk!!

Have a good week 11.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano
    Yes I have wondered about over 8 weeks also but I figure, if I was not doing exercise, and not eating a balanced diet then yes I may be harming my organs etc, but if you research the signs to look for it reassures you. I for one will do it until the end. I am fit and well no adverse symptoms. Also if I was to eat 1000 cals it probably would only have more of the same in the diet, so what would I be missing.
    How’s your losses going haven’t heard much from you lately.
    Love Jan 😎😎😎

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yeahhhhh
    Just weighed in and have lost my holiday excesses weight so now the lowest I’ve been on this plan 16.33 kgs in 76 days 10 weeks 6 days. Wednesday’s are my official weigh day so now I will be able to record a proper loss for 2 weeks yeaaaaa love love love this plan
    Hope you are all having equally wonderful days
    Love Jan 😀😀😀

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog – when you first posted about the dodgy diabetes cookery class I thought you were joking. What is so scary is that people will be following their guidelines and damaging their health. My weigh in day today. Have stayed the same at 10stone 0.50lbs. I think this is because of problems in the bathroom dept and I have upped my water intake. Fasting blood sugars around 4.7 all week. Waist 32 (31 if I pull the measuring tape tightly)

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi Ladies
    Well done Frog and good to see you’re feeling better sunshine Girl.
    I am pleased to announce my spiraliser arrived yesterday do its courgetti all the way for me from now on. Actually I was tempted to change all my meal plans and have done lady night but stuck to my curry and cauliflower rice. By threat I tried the vault using a stick blender rather than food processor. It didn’t work, a bit like gritty cauliflower purée or when play dough has gone dreams crumbly but still a bit sticky together. Defo stick to the food processor next time. Also I made the naans with garlic butter from the Dietdoctor website. They were a bit off, not really like naans but quite nice and only 4 g carbs for two small ones and 156 cals. Do I would recommend if you feel the need for something pseudo carby and I did like dipping them in garlic butter – it felt decadent. However I was full halfway through the meal but being me carried on to the end and then felt overfull. When will I learn.
    I keep losing a pound one day then putting it back on the next and getting a bit discouraged. But I’ve been a bit lax about sticking to the 800 cals and 50g carb so I am going to be really strict today and see what happens.
    Did you hear the news this morning? They reckon 1 in 10 will be diabetic in the next ten years. Someone’s going to have to start listening soon.
    I don’t want to be one of them.

• posted by loopylou
    on

I must read my posts before submitting them. I seem to have become a victim to predictive text. I really am quite literate!

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning Jan – congratulations, that’s brilliant – not such a good day weigh in wise for me

Krysia – sadly DDCC is no joke- and I’ve sodding well put on weight this morning- 0.2 kilos
    I know it’s not huge, but its all those bloody lentils and beans sitting at the bottom of my stomach – just as well I didn’t accompany them with the giant tortilla!
    good luck with the increased water – if that doesn’t work, I’ve found occasional senna tablets a gentle solution

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi loopylou

I guess it was cauliflower you used the stick blender to ‘mash’? I found it worked well but I think you have to cook the cauliflower a bit longer until it’s quite soft. Only problem is it could get a little watery if it’s over cooked. It’s just such a faff washing the food processor! But will give your method a try.

Yes ‘predictive’ does make for interesting reading sometimes!!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Anybody watching BBC1 at the moment ? A post-mortem on an obese person has a segment at 9.05 this morning!!!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi guys x
    VERANO I read about the obese autopsy but its a bit too early in the day to view it coz it sounds a bit gruesome! Did you watch and what did you think? I guess a lot of visceral fat as well as outer fat? X
    JAN well done getting back to pre hol weight..onwards and downwards! X
    KRYSIA when my weight stays same, i tell myself its still good,coz chances are if i wasnt dieting,i may well have gained! Plus theres still health benefits and possibly inches lost even if scales are temporarily being unkind. You will see a change when things have * ahem* ” moved” !
    I wd LOVE a 31″ waist!
    FROG enjoy yr walk today! Hope its not too hot as predicted x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Yowzer

No haven’t seen it think it’s on BBC3 tonight but think they said it would be on iplayer from 10.30 this morning!!

• posted by Frog
    on

eugh – no, I don’t fancy catching up on an autopsy on iplayer yowzer – but, erm, thanks for that!

Walk was great – lessons finished – very hot indeed, but not as horribly muggy as last week. I stayed on the Heath til about 4pm, and have just got in – not walking on the time, long lounge on the grass & stopped for tea, but I’ve done about 18k steps today, around 6k of them super seedy Nordic ones.
    Hopefully it will offset yesterdays dodgy diabetic cookery course meal.

Kayaking has started again, so I’ll be doing that next Tuesday – I’d forgotten, but got home to a mystery packet that turned out to be some slip on neoprene slipper things that I bought for kayaking. V cheap, not sure how long they’ll last, but worth trying.
    Making my feet extremely hot right now!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FROG i didnt suggest you watched it on iplayer or anywhere else! I only said enjoy yr walk!😋
    How lovelybeing on H Heath..i miss north London! 18k steps is amazing! We didnt get that hot day as promised..its been grey dark and rainy here. X

• posted by Frog
    on

it was very hot and sunny here – apparently its 29 degrees now, so not sure how hot it was at midday
    I was supposed to be working tomorrow, but have said I’ll go in on Friday instead, it’s forecast to be cooler then.

Hampstead Heath is great – so much of it to discover. I’ve bought a walking book that has about 10 walks on the heath, but the guy that runs the nordic walking says he never really needs to repeat the same walk.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi verano. It was cauliflower rice not mash that I tried to use the stick blender for but it got too fine for that rice-like consistency.
    Frog, you put us all to shame with all that walking . 18000 steps is very impressive. And now Kayaking as well.😮. I have to finish up mowing the lawn. Then some courgetti with my new spiraliser. might catch up on Poldark as I fell asleep during the first one (inexcusable I know), so I need to rewatch that one and then watch the second episode. I think I’ll pass on the autopsy.
    Frog, I hope you enjoyed your choir. Mine starts tomorrow after the summer break.
    Weigh in tomorrow.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano
    Yep my weigh day tomorrow as well and I’ve realised at the end of the 11th week I love weigh days, I get quite excited about it, hope it’s a good result for us both. 😎😎😎

• posted by Frog
    on

Hottest day in ages – I’ve just eaten roast dinner!
    with roast potatoes AND a glass of wine!

I had a chicken to cook anyway – and couldn’t bear the thought of roasting a chicken & no roast potatoes
    the chicken was the roast in the bag type, so I microwaved 90g of potato for a couple of minutes, coated with 3g of olive oil & then chucked them in the oven – brilliant!

also had red cabbage – a mixed bag from M&S with the cabbage, beetroot, apple & cranberries – delicious, I know cabbage is a bit carby, but 43 grams is under 4 carbs and 20 calories.

809 calories for the day, and a bit over on carbs, just under 40g – but I did walk about 9 miles today, so not too worried!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

yowzer49 you were right – I drank bucket loads of water yesterday and things did “move” and I am now 10stone 9 and three-quarter pounds. A three-quarter pound drop for the week! The downside was that I forgot to have enough salt so had massive leg cramps in the night. But I agree – even if I hadn’t lost it would be good. Re: the 31 inch waist – the tape was pulled really tightly to achieve that, so I am probably cheating. I also wonder if I have managed to stretch the tape a bit.

Frog your roast chicken dinner sounds lovely and only a little over carbs. I am sure your walking more than cancelled it out. Nordic walking burns many more calories than ordinary walking and what a super place to walk and relax in.
    Was looking forward to chicken curry today but have defrosted chicken casserole by mistake.

Greenjanet good luck for today’s weigh in.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi Lovely people. I am still down here at the bottom of the world. Been a bit pre-occupied and not going on line. Also I am cross because I have only lost 1 kg in 3 weeks! and that is going down and up and down and up……. and I have been starving as well. What a rotten plateau.

greenjanet, I am glad to see that you had a good holiday. I am in awe of your good reboot and also that of Frog and how much walking Frog does. I hope froglet got a little chicken.

Krysia you will hear me from here when I have a 31 inch waist. How wonderful

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ruth.

What’s been going wrong with the plan, I had a couple of episodes of being non focused and it does stall the weight loss, and it’s so easy to put it on, but with 800/50 it comes of unbelievably fast, I’m usually about .5 k a day, and it just makes me feel so well love it, but we shall see when I weigh in today, end of week 11 where you at. Keep at it it’s worth it.
    😎😎😎

• posted by loopylou
    on

Week 11 results (Jan, you and I must have started on the same day – 29th June)
    3lbs loss. This takes me to 10% of my body weight gone. I think that deserves celebrating. I am really pleased and my hubby says my body shape is starting to change which is encouraging.
    I was really strict yesterday finishing up my diet doctor naan with garlic butter (I think they are better cold). They really filled me up too. Then courgetti and arrabbiata sauce for dinner. Only 600 cals and 17g carbs. Im not sure I could do that every day or would want to, but it certainly made the scales move!
    BTW, my new spiraliser is SOOO much better than a potato peeler which is what I was using before. Jan, if you haven’t got one, I would really recommend it. Mine was less than a tenner from Amazon.

Next goals:
    – 1lb : 1 1/2 stone loss
    -2lbs: into the 12 stone somethings

I reckon they should be achievable this week.

Off to tennis later – first lesson after the summer, but I seem to have lost my sports bra. I better find it before 11am or I will knock myself out with my own boobs! (they may be shrinking but they could still do a fair bit of damage i’m sure!)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning all
    Thankyou KrysiaD for your encouragement, well weekly weigh in this morning have smashed through the 100kg barrier I am now woohoo 99.8 kg ooh joy of joys doing the jiggly dance.💃💃💃
    End of week 11 loss this week 2.6kg total loss so far 16.56 kg, this week was very committed from Friday, so excellent results for five days, fully back on track now, feeling amazingly well, just wish I hadn’t mucked around loosing the plot for about 5 of those weeks, I would be much further down the weight loss path. But never mind focused now.
    So day of today, accounts, meal plan list for the week, and shopping.
    How are you doing and Verano weighed in yet, come on back seat girls, jump in we are all of for a lovely journey on our BSD bus. Beep beep🚌🚌🚌

• posted by loopylou
    on

Well done Jan. Great results.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi loopylou.
    I started 29 June, good day wasn’t it, well done for your weight loss 👏👏👏👏👏it’s great breaking through barriers, 👏👏👏👏👏👏 I have 1.4 lbs to loose to get to 3st.
    what sort of spirallizer have you got, and other than courgette what can you use them for, do you cook it like normal veg then or eat it raw. Sounds just what I need though I need some changes of routine, I tend to eat a lot of courgettes stir fried with olive oil, but wondering how spirallizer courgettes would taste with curry over the top, I miss the rice, and cannot be bothered to grate 100g cauli to make rice, and I love cauli and always want to eat more, and if you freeze the rest it’s not quite right it goes very grey and is a bit of putting.
    Keep up the good work, next week we will be even more amazing. 😀😀😀😀😎😎😎😎😀😀😀🍓😀😀😀😀😀

• posted by Frog
    on

85 kilos!!!!!

BSD day 7 reboot – 3.9 kilos!!! In a week!!!
    day 1 – Lost 0.4 kilos
    day 2 – Lost 0.7 kilos
    day 3 – Lost 0.5 kilos
    day 4 – Lost 0.5 kilos
    day 5 – Lost 0.6 kilos
    day 6 – Gained 0.2 kilos (DDCC)
    day 7 – Lost 1.4 kilos!!!! (have pooed all the bloody DDCC lentils and beans!)

and 17 kilos altogether since I started BSD in May
    FatSecret has a very simple formula that divides the amount to your target by the amount since your last weigh in.
    Apparently, if I continue to lose 1.4 kilo a day, I will reach my target in 3 weeks
    – a bit unlikely, I won;t hold my breath, but it amused me!

Sorry for all the explanation marks – a bit stunned.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Ruth – sorry to hear that your weight has bee stuck for a bit – are you eating enough fat if you’re still hungry?
    The keto calculator thing suggested that I should be aiming for around 50g a day – I’m fine with going for full fat dairy, but still tend to be really cautious with olive oil and choosing the leanest of lean when I buy meat.
    Froglet did indeed get a healthy share of chicken!

Morning Jan. I’ve got one of the tiny pencil sharpener type spiralisers – great for carrot cucumber and courgette, but a bit limited.
    Lynne recommended a cuisique spiralizer (it doesnt come with a guarantee the you’ll do as well as Lynne!)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PR54V30/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=25QDCOFFOHKHK&coliid=I17194YQUQY0J&psc=1

I had curry once on raw chopped cabbage – lovely and crunchy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jan

Still here! My weigh in day is Tuesday and this week I GAINED 1.4lbs!! I’m not too unhappy about that because I’m on holiday! Will probably be more before I go home but hey will just regroup and start again! Still sticking to the basics no bread, potatoes pasta etc so hope I don’t do too much damage.

Well done to all this weeks losers especially those that are doing a re-boot.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril frog👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Go for it , it’s Greeat getting excellent results isn’t very motivating. 😎😎😎😊

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Verano.
    Holidays throw us don’t they, like Xmas, we all go a bit bonkers, I lost the plot completely while I was away, didn’t even particularly enjoy it either. Anyway as you can see from frog and I a quick reboot sorts any weight gains. Hope you have a fab hol.
    Love Jan 😎😎😎😎

• posted by Indy
    on

Hi all –

Been off for a bit because of work, but just crossed 50 lbs down mark and SO EXCITED! 38 lbs on the BSD (and the rest before since January 1).

I’ve been following the thread even while off and was so comforted to see everyone’s comments about the post 8 week lull. I’ve been struggling at the same weight for about 2 weeks and got really frustrated by it!

Also had a visit to my dr about three weeks ago. She was thrilled because everything is in the normal range (well, not my BMI but it is much closer!) and she looked at the book, flipped through it, and handed it back to me and said “This is a good diet.” She’s Russian, so that was pretty effusive for her. She said as long as I feel good, keep it up.

But just want to say a big THANK YOU to you all – so much easier to stay on track when you are all sharing your challenges and successes! I think I would have been very discouraged (and I think we all know what that can lead to!) if I hadn’t seen all your posts!

Have a great day! 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Indy
    Wooho weight loss 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 keep posting here we need BSD buddies like you to inspire us.
    😎😎😎

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Indy
    good to see you back – great news on your weight loss and the ‘normal’ results – You will get there with the BMI!

Hi Jan – thanks!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

KRYSIA 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😄😄😄 x
    Well done you Losers! …and RUTH i feel for you on the dreaded plateau but it Will move on, believe me x
    Good to hear from you INDY and wonderful news you have crossed the 50 lb mark! Imagine trying to carry 10 5 lb bags of spuds? Well now you have dropped those ten bags! X

On Another note completely..is it just me or does anyone else tick the remember me box at login but find you never are remembered?! x

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Just home from work and sitting in garden. It’s so lovely and cool and rather surprisingly my tablet can pick up Wi-Fi.

It is so nice to read about everyone’s weight loss today.

Ruthdownunder -1kg off is one more step towards your goal. Well done.

Loopylou – 10% of your body weight gone definitely requires celebrating.

Greenjanet – smashing the 100kg barrier is super news – and I am sure you lost a bit more doing the jiggly dance. It’s a great feeling being fully back on track.

Frog – not surprised that you were stunned by your 3.9 kilos in a week.

Indy – well done for crossing the 50lb down mark and your normal results. No wonder your doctor was thrilled.

Verano – well done for keeping off the bread and potatoes – a small weight gain on holiday is a good result.

We all deserve a gold medal for our efforts.

• posted by Frog
    on

I got in and the laptop had decided to update windows – no ‘did I want to?” – two hours to complete.
    Took Froglet up to the roof garden – I’ve tried to a couple of times recently, and she’s had a hiss fit about it, so I slipped the harness on when she wasn’t expecting it.
    Once up there she loved it and wouldn’t come down again – an hour and a half shuffling round very very slowly while she sniffed every square inch.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

greenjanet – thanks for kind words and many congratulations. I am thinking hard and realise I have not been this weight since about 1998, and a kilo in 3 weeks on any other diet would have had me whooping.

Frog you are an inspiration. What a reboot! I think I have been eating too much. Probably all the time, but the hunger thing was a bit hard.

Loopylou, great about the 10%. I am still not there which is one of the things that has annoyed me. I have been a pound off (.4 of a kilo) and then bounced up. But you lovely people will help me get there.

Krysia, you are another inspiration.

Indy 50 pounds – all I can say is wow

Verano enjoy your holiday. All will be well on your return. As Jan says we know we can do it now. What a change

Yowser thanks for all your wise advice

• posted by Frog
    on

Night Yowzer – she’s normally getting sleepy by now, she’s full of beans after her walk and looking for mischief!

• posted by Frog
    on

Thanks Ruth
    Are you still feeling hungry?
    I never seem to really -if I get cravings, it’s more “I want” rather than “I need”! At the start of BSD I had to admit to myself that after stuffing myself too much for so many years, I had no real concept of what “hungry” actually felt like.

Night. (later than anticipated – I went to go to bed a while ago, then realised I’d stripped the bed earlier this afternoon to wash the bed linen, but had forgotten to remake it – or put the old stuff out to dry)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning all
    Well I’m relieved that weighing this morning I have maintained my week 11 loss of 2.6 kg it was so amazing to go below the 100kg barrier, I couldn’t quite believe it, so now I want to turn that last week 5.7 lb loss into 7 lbs in the next two days, and then move towards 3 st loss, so got to do it now I’ve written it down here.
    Frog I’m always doing that with the bed, it’s so tiresome isn’t it, keep up your good work with the reboot, I think I’m fully rebooted now, how about yourself. How did your week go.
    Ruthdownunder . 4 kilo go for it girl get it gone.
    Yowser I love that cartoon last night hehehe
    Happy Thursday everyone 🍓🍓🍓

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Ruthdownunder, you are right – a kilo in 3 weeks on any other diet would have got all of us whooping. It’s a huge achievement to be at a weight you haven’t seen since 1998. Was trying to do the maths – is that 18 years?

Frog
    I was the same – I don’t think I had any concept of hungry. When I started BSD on 1st May the one thing I thought I would struggle giving up was my cappuccinos. I absolutely adored them and had 3 a day. The best one was at breakfast – I would sprinkle it with a teaspoon of chocolate charbonnel flakes (that is after eating 2 more teaspoons straight from the tin). A homemade fruit smoothie would follow (while making it I was eating frozen fruit straight from the packet). This was followed by peanut butter on a paleo recipe slice of toast. After all that I was often still ‘hungry’ and would have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate.

Today I had an avocado and a hardboiled egg (or part of a hardboiled egg as my Labradors absolutely love a little bit of egg) then a nesspresso coffee with a teaspoon of double cream. I am full and couldn’t eat anything else and won’t be able to for hours.

BSD seems to completely re-educate you. I love my coffee now – it tastes like real coffee not coffee flavoured milk. One day – when I am braver – I will input my old breakfast into fat secret just to see how many carbs and calories it contained

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning Jan
    Yeah – I’m sure that 1 and a bit will be doable in a couple of days
    Although I measure in kilos mostly, the big 3 is my next target – 2 kilos to go

not so good for me this morning – I’ve put on 0.4kg for no apparent reason. Not too stressed about it after the 1.4kg the day before – net over 2 days its still a kilo, and 0.4kg is less than a pound. Would have helped if I’d been more active though; I’d had good intentions of going over to Hampstead Heath again, but it was just sooooo hot.

Busy day today – gym, another cookery class – Growbag to Gourmet , so vegetables rather than DDCC, then going over to meet a friend in South London – I’m not sure if we;re going for a walk or going to Dulwich Gallery (or both).
    I think the community centre has a gardening project that I could get involved in, hence the growbag bit of todays cookery; I did meet the woman that runs it at the normal monthly cookery class the other week, but only got talking to her at the end of the evening, so I ‘ll find out more about that today.
    My main desire to have a garden though is more about somewhere to sit with Tea in the morning and afternoon and a glass or wine in the evening, rather than digging stuff!

Froglet enjoyed the roof garden so much last night that I might see if she fancies going up there for a bit before I go out.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Frog
    It’s weird how the scales vary from day to day. One kilo in 2 days is stunning.
    The growbag to gourmet course sounds way better than the dodgy diabetic course.

Was at eye clinic today. Retinopathy and oedema still in remission. I started BSD to reverse the oedema – which it did in 8 weeks -but it is now all about the joy of getting thinner

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog … just one of the problems of being a daily weigher! You know it will all be fine in a day or so!

Please log in or register to post a reply.