20lbs to lose

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by niblet
    on

Hi This is my first post. I’m female and 11 stones. I started the diet last week and sfter 4 days had lost 2pounds. My question is: as Im not considered obese by BMI measure can I still expect to lose 10% of my body weight? Ive followed the 5:2 diet for three years but started over eating on the 5 days! I have what my diabetic nurse calls “resolved diabetes”. It disappeared after 3 months on the 5:2 so no more metformin.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello, you need to decide where a BMI of 25 would put you in terms of weight. You do not have to be obese to lose any % of anything – you CHOOSE to be the weight that is right for you and the easy way is by adjusting your carb intake when you reach your target weight. If you keep to the guidelines you will be in good company and can ask for support and advice on here at any time. If you are already familiar with 5:2 you may just need to watch what you eat a bit more carefully and it sounds that you my not have far to go. If you are no longer on meds then relax, eat well, exercise and enjoy the knowledge that you can be whatever weight you choose to be with a little application and will power. It would be good to re-read the book I think?… Have fun.

• posted by neohdiver
    on

You may not quite lose 10% in the 8 weeks, if that is your question. You will certainly lose more slowly than someone who is heavier – I started at around 149 lbs, and finished week 6 at 138 lbs, a loss of 6%. I had to stop the diet for unrelated medical reasons, but I doubt I would have lost another 4% in the last two weeks.

• posted by Clairebear
    on

I’m in a similar position. I’m somewhere between 10st 7 lb and 11st (too terrified to check TBH) and want to get to 9st 7 lb. I lost my “baby weight” of half a stone in 4 weeks at 1200 cals so am hoping 8 weeks will bring me closer to a stone lighter. Good luck – let me know how you get in if you want some support 🙂

• posted by niblet
    on

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. First week over. I lost 2lbs. I think Im a little disappointed actually. To think that I stuck religiously to the diet every day – it’s not a brilliant result! Hope everyone else is having more success.

• posted by Clairebear
    on

Niblet, I can imagine how frustrating that could be. I’ve found my body tends to lag a bit – it’s only after a few weeks of eating less that I actually lose weight. Go figure. I hope next week is more successful for you.

• posted by niblet
    on

That’s what I’m figuring! Ive decided not to believe what the book says about those who weigh more frequently lose more weight. It’s disheartening to get on the scales after two hard days dieting and not have lost an ounce. Once a week is quite enough I think. It would be more than my scales’ life is worth not to show a loss after a week! Hope yours is going well, Clairebear.

Please log in or register to post a reply.