2023 – A Healthy New Me!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Tuesday, reporting day!
    happy to find that another 0.7kg has gone, and for the first time some shrinkage around my lower belly and hips though sadly not my waist. I’d really like to see some of the fat around my midriff disappear, how I hate it when I sit down and that bulge appears!
    The weather here has been warm and very humid, it is quite enervating and I need to spend a lot of time in front of a fan. I take Frankie for a walk a couple of times a day but with a double coat she is feeling the heat as well. Sometimes she gives me a look, like, what are you thinking? and lies down in the shade and won’t move. So not brisk, energetic walks.
    Dawn, I know exactly where your mind is! Mine was there throughout the pandemic. In fact, I’ve just gone back over my spreadsheets from 2021 and 2022 and it’s all there in black and white, stalled attempts right and left. I think it’s great that you have worked out some strategies and while you are in that headspace, every little win is amazing! Even maintaining is amazing- I see I from when I started trying again in 2021 to the start of this year I put on 5kg, not the way to go.
    Sueblue, your summer dress sounds great and I am sure you will look fabulous in it in no time!
    Abdul, what incredible results! Well done you, you must be feeling so good.
    Never Give Up, well done on getting back to your preChristmas weight, that’s a real achievement.
    Sorry for everyone I’ve missed, keep posting it really helps to see how everyone is doing.

Onward and downward!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Mariet and well done on another loss.I’ve had the best food day I’ve had in a while today so fingers crossed tomorrow will be the same.Dawn X

• posted by abdulmalikingle
    on

Blimey well done to all those who have achieved and to those struggling “keep your chins up and plug away when you can, its not easy for sure, but hang in there”.
    Day 30 and 19lbs lost so half way through and 1 stone 5 down…whoo hoo never thought I would lose this much in a month. All I want is the 2 stone in 8 weeks and I am happy, any more is a real bonus.
    Metformin (medicine for diabetes) I have reduced from 1000mg twice a day to 250mg twice a day and my sugars are at 5.6 regular as clockwork now.
    The bit that will need monitoring in the 3rd month when I start introducing carbs gradually in. I take my blood sugars twice daily so have to see if they go back up to their pre-Blood Sugar Diet. Fingers crossed.
    The only downside is the constipation , but then I think I used to eat 2,500 calories a day with loadsa carbs…now its’s max 35g carbs so not surprising
    To all those on the journey, good luck and as Churchill said (the pompous bastard) “we will never ever give up…”
    Toodle pip and keep those comments a’comin’ in……..

• posted by Never Give Up
    on

Hello all great to see all of you keeping on.
    Dreamscometrue, how is the gluten-free plan going? I suffer from Crohn’s and always found gluten free bread and a few yeast based gluten free things suited me better although I was still fine with quite a few other products with gluten in. Now of course I have cut out the bread anyway but it was interesting I thought.
    Dawn – keep going – I know how you feel – been in that headspace all too often. One day it clicks. Some days are good and some days are bad but above all remember to be kind to yourself. I saw a good quote the other day – “don’t criticise yourself too harshly – there are plenty of others who will do that for you!” Find that rather true of me. Great news on a good food day yesterday!
    Mariet that’s amazing, so pleased for you! The tummy is always the last to go anyway (or in my case, my bum and hips) and it always loses round the chest first. I so relate to how annoying it is 😂
    Abdulmalikingle – 19lb lost in 30 days is so inspiring 🤩 Keep plugging away and you’ll hit that 28lb mark. Still got another month to do it!!! And thanks for the Churchill quote – that should help me this week 😉
    Today I recorded a 1lb 14oz loss since last week which I’ll take. My goal this thread is to lose a stone. We’re now halfway through the thread and I have 10lb to lose in a month. Challenging but I won’t say no just yet.
    Apologies if I have missed anyone – unintentional if so. Have a great day people and looking forward to catching up again on your posts when I next can 😊

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone and wow some great results on here! Well done Abdulmalikingle for your amazing loss and I’m sure you’ll make the 2 stone barrier. And it’s also great that your blood sugars are responding so well.
    Mariet a loss is a loss and I’m so pleased you’re on the downward trend. I’ve lost a little bit this week but really need to up my game. I had an interview yesterday and went through one of those clothes trying on frenzies where every smart outfit I could think of – and of course hasn’t worn for a while – was tight. Mostly – surprise, surprise – round the tummy. So in the end it was a loose fitting dress and jacket.

Nevergiveup it’s early days for the gluten free but my hubby has definitely noticed a difference to his stomach discomfort. And as you say, it shouldn’t make much difference to me as I try to avoid things like bread, cake, batter etc anyway. Will report back in due course.

Hope to do better next week but this week I’ve been rather frazzled with stress at work (hence looking elsewhere!), my hubby has more eye surgery today and also my mum was taken into hospital last night just for observation. She’s 300 miles away and obviously I’m tied up here today but will head up there this weekend if I need to. Busy times!

But still best part of 4 weeks left on our journey so I hope we all make more progress during that time, whatever our goals are.

Hello to everyone else too if not already mentioned by name. Go well! X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Good morning all, another week down for me and 400g has disappeared.Yay! That’s a total of 4.1kg since January which I am so happy about.
    I have one more week until I leave for a month long camping holiday around the coast of NSW and Victoria then up the centre of South Australia. Hoping not to jeopardise my new success! It would be good to lose a kilo in this week but let’s get real, I will take anything.
    Dawn, how are you going? I hope your head is feeling a little clearer.
    Never give Up, that’s a great loss! Congratulations and well done.
    Abdulmalikingle, fabulous results! How has this week gone?
    And DCT, good luck with the job hunting. Congratulations on the loss, a loss is a loss after all 🙂 It sounds like you have a lot on your plate as well.
    Looking forward to hearing how everyone is going

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Mariet, well done on losing over 4K now since January!I’m definitely in a better frame of mind thanks but still having slip ups so taking one day at a time🤞Hope everyone is having a good week.Dawn X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello
    I would like to rejoin in with you all as I am ready to commit to a healthy new me and I am starting tomorrow. It is six weeks until my holiday to Sharm. I NEED to get off the excess and hope to lose 10 lbs before I go. Ive been away to Harrogate this weekend with my book club friends and I saw the most horrific photograph of myself. What a wake up call!. I’m FAT!
    For those who know me, my friend recently sadly died and it is her funeral next week and I’ve had to buy a size 16 dress for her funeral even though I’ve got two lovely size 12 dresses in my wardrobe.
    So that is it- I’m back on the wagon tomorrow. In my first week I hope to lose 4lb.

on

Hi Cathy. Good to hear from you, but so sorry about your friend. Sending love and hugs X

I’m glad you’re ready to reboot and would love to journey with you. Front seats on the bus for us both?! I’ve really been in a slump during January and also decided today – before seeing your post – that I really need to get my act together.

So we have 2 weeks left on this journey and I would also like to shed 4lb. Then maybe a new thread up till Easter.

Tomorrow is a new day! Good luck everyone! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ABDUL youre do8ng great,keep going! X
    Well done MARIET!NGU!DAWN! XXX
    So good to see you CCATH! X welcome back x so sorry to hear about yr friend though x Im joining you and DCT on the top deck of the bus,ive been slumping a bit too,but ready now to try harder. I really dont want this year to pass like last year losing and regaining the same few pounds. Keep on keeping off bus folks and have a great week! XXXXXXXX🌷🌷🌷🌷

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, Cathy I’m so sorry to hear about your friend.Also sending you hugs.I will join you and DCT in hoping to lose 4lbs over the next couple of weeks.Yowzer I’ve been slumping recently too.🤞we have a better week.Dawn X

on

Thank you for saving me a seat on the bus and for your warm welcome back. I am glad to be back. Today is day 1 and I’ve had a good day. I ate my yoghurt and raspberries before I realised I had not weighed myself this morning so I’ll get on the scales for my start weight tomorrow. I had scrambled eggs for lunch and for my evening meal I had roasted broccoli, sautéed leeks and veg frittata. I had 4 Brazil nuts for a snack mid afternoon.
    I’ll do my best again tomorrow. I’m shopping tomorrow so will buy plenty of salad/veg and healthy food. I’ll read the new keto recipe book and prepare some evening meal menus from that as well as the fast 800 recipe book: one of my favourite recipes from the keto book are the oven baked garlic mushrooms with Boursin and mozzarella- with a rocket salad- so tasty!
    Hope today has been a good day for you.

on

Morning everyone- the batteries on my scales were saying Lo so another day without knowing the damage! Maybe not a bad thing. I’ve just come back from the doctor and have shingles!! My back was burning for the last week and I had a rash last night so went this morning. At least I know it is shingles and I don’t have a recurrence of my Schwannoma which was what I was worried about . So happy it’s nothing sinister. I’m doing my best to eat healthy and I’ve asked the doctor for some blood tests to check my health/cholesterol etc. onwards and downwards despite another set back! I’ll get some batteries sorted for my scales before tomorrow!

on

Hi Cathy it sounds like you’re getting off to a really good start with your reboot. Well done! Sorry to hear about the shingles though. Hope that improves soon.
    I’m ticking over but definitely need a bit more impetus – not just diet/weight but various other things too. Been in a bit of a fog recently. But am starting to feel more enthused about life in general so hopefully will get my act together soon 🤞

• posted by Nokie
    on

Dear all 💜

Hope everyone is ok. I am really sorry 😞 I haven’t been on site I have had some bad news my dear old dad has been diagnosed with bladder cancer and an aorta bless him he is 89 and has slight dementia as well my poor mum is same age and trying to cope it’s such a worrying time so my eating has been here there and everywhere! I want to stay on the bus 🚌 and will try and focus but just keep fancying comfort food I hope everyone is ok will get in touch soon sorry I have not answered your posts
    Lv nokie xx💜

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So sorry to read your news NOKIE. XXXX You have whatever you fancy at the moment,just add some nutritious foods as well sometimes,to ensure that youre looking after yourself,while supporting yr Mum and Dad through a very difficult time. Sending love and big hugs. Call in when you can,we will all be thinking of you and keeping your seat warm on the bus xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Nokie I was so very sorry to read your sad news.As Yowzer says, try to look after yourself as well as your Mum and Dad.Sending you hugs.Dawn ❤️

on

Hi Nokie so sorry to hear your news. As others have said, look after yourself right now, and you will be more able to support them too. Don’t go overboard on comfort eating, as – in my experience – that can end up making you feel even worse. But do be kind to yourself and have things you enjoy.
    Thinking of you and remember all your bus friends are here for you X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello again
    Thankyou so much yowzer Dawn and dreamscometrue💜

I will take on board your lovely messages really kind of you keep my seat warm hope to sit with you all soon
    Lv nokie 😘 xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NOKIE XXXXX 💕

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all, I’ve been MIA for a little while but have been reading all of your posts.

Nokie – sorry to read about your dad. Take care of yourself x

Cathy – lovey to see you back on board and so motivated :). I’m sorry about your friend.

DCT – hope you feel better soon.

Mariet – well done on your loss! I’m envious of your upcoming trip… I love the south coast of NSW, a truly beautiful part of the world 🙂

And to anyone else I’ve forgotten, thank you for your posts, they remind me to try and stay on track, and Yowzer your posts always brim with positivity and bring a smile to my face.

I’ve been eating really badly again! I can feel my clothes getting tighter so time to draw a line in the sand and get back on track! I’ve been working long hours – I usually work part time but have been working full time for the past couple of weeks, as I’ve been part of a project team for a fairly major project at work.
    That combined with visiting MIL, trying to sort out her house and then all of the admin around having her go into care, it’s quite time consuming! It’s so easy sometimes to just grab some takeaway while we’re out rather than planning, shopping and cooking meals. That sounds lazy I know and it’s not doing me any favours! So this weekend I’m going to spend some time planning and meal prepping. We still have 10 days or so on this journey so still time to see some results, even small ones 🙂

on

Hi Nokie
    So sorry to read your sad post. What a worry for you. Look after yourself and don’t be too hard on yourself at this difficult time. Stay strong and when the time is right you can come back on board. There is always a seat saved for us on the bus.

I’m still struggling with painful shingles and now a heavy cold. I must be really run down. I can’t concentrate on much at the moment whilst I feel so poorly and it’s my friends funeral on Monday so hopefully next week I can turn a corner and get myself sorted.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Dear clarinet Cathy
    Thankyou for your kind wishes yes it is a very stressful time I am trying to be strong especially for mum also with my sister living in Switzerland it’s hard for her being so far away
    It really helps haveing all you kind people InThe group 💜I am sorry you are suffering with shingles hope you feel better soon
    Lv to everyone on the bus 🚌
    Nokie

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY Im so sorry you are struggling with a few things at the moment.
    Not a great start to the year,is it,hope now as the season starts to change,that spring brings you much better health and happiness. Really hope you get over shingles and bad cold very soon 🙏 Will be thinking of you,,its very sad to have to attend a good friend’s funeral xxxx
    SUEBLUE,sounds like youre kept really busy at the moment! try to find time to look after yourself if you can XX
    NOKIE,your Mum must be so grateful to have you near xx
    Love and good luck to everyone,DCT,NGU,LINDA,DAWN,ABDUL,MARIET and all xx MARIET!have a fab holiday!XX
    ~ 🌻🌻” Even in the dark soil,a seed is becoming something beautiful “ 🌻🌻 ( Mary Davis )~

on

Hello everyone
    After a difficult week I am still here and feeling positive. My friends funeral was on Monday and despite having shingles and a flu like virus I managed to go. I did get permission from the GP to attend and because the singles is on my back and covered I am not infectious. My GP phoned me with some blood results on Tuesday and I broke down on the phone. My cholesterol is up again and it was the final straw. Basically she said my risk for cardiovascular disease is 5.6% and not to stress too much about it. I literally don’t know what to eat these days. I need to lose weight, increase calcium, lower cholesterol, low carb, vegetarian!!! Come on give me a break!
    Anyway, new batteries in my scales and I’m starting afresh today. I had no breakfast and had one piece of sourdough bread for lunch with hummus, avocado and sundried tomato and kefir with raspberries. I am going to cut out butter but keep cheese and milk for calcium. I am seriously thinking I might arrange to see a dietician privately. Even low carb doesn’t seem to be working for me these days. When I feel better I am going to start walking a bit more each day. Weight loss and nutrition seems to be such a struggle for me these days. I seriously think that years of dieting has messed up my metabolism.
    All this sounds negative but actually I am feeling quite positive about the future and am going to make small tweaks and see if I can get that weight of mine heading downwards! Four weeks until my holiday and so let’s see what’ I can lose! Every little bit will make a huge difference to how I feel at the moment.
    Hope you’re all seeing some progress. I think the next leg of the journey will be a better one for me.
    Keep strong everyone.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello clarinet Cathy
    And everyone else
    So sorry 😞 you are having a difficult time I was glad to hear you managed to get to funeral I hope your shingles gets better soon it’s so painful isn’t it 🌼
    I have had an awful week backwards and forwards to hospital with dad and trying to support mum he is now refusing treatment for the aorta and says he doesn’t want an opp at his time of life!!
    As far as eating goes I have lost 2 pounds but that could be stress🥲
    Does anyone know when the new 🚌 bus journey will start I definitely need a seat 💺
    Have a good weekend and week everyone
    Lv nokie xx🌼😊

• posted by JGwen
    on

I had a good time Friday night, went to see an AC/DC tribute band. – AC/DC were the first band I ever went to see so sort of a trip down memory lane. It was interesting to people watch such a wide range of ages there, from a 6 year old with his family to lots of more mature rockers.

Not such a good day on Saturday. When I went to see my GP in November for help with Long Covid they connected me up to an ECG during one of the visits and then had a panic, directing me to drive straight to the hospital (which is about 6 miles away from the surgery) as they thought I was having a heart attack! – As I was driving in I thought this doesn’t make sense, if you think someone is having a heart attack then you wouldn’t want them to get behind the wheel of a car…….

Anyway, after all the blood tests in the hospital and x rays were negative for heart disease I was put on a waiting list for an echocardiagram just to check things out. – The result is that there is some indication that my heart is not pumping blood around my body as well as it should, but it will be possible to “treat” with drugs.

I can guess what is coming next, appointments with dietitians who prescribe high carb low fat diets, and doctors who have not kept up with research on interpreting LDL levels. —– So I am going to spend some time today putting together a list of research papers and videos from low carb conferences, on autophagy, IR and the difference between large particle LDL which is used to transport fuel around the body and small particle LDL which is formed by LDL damaged by sugar levels in the blood so it can not connect to the “docking” stations for good LDL so ends up being absorbed into the blood vessels. (and is cleared out of the blood vessels by autophagy.)

on

Hi JGwen
    Reading your post about driving yourself to hospital with a suspected heart attack seems totally outrageous!!! Sorry to hear you have been found to have an issue on you echo. It sounds to me the you’ll have infinitely more knowledge than any dietician you’ll see! I must admit that after my telephone conversation with the advanced Practitioner regarding my raised cholesterol result last week I did feel that I probably was better informed than she was about healthy eating and nutrition. I am tempted to pay to see a dietician but my fear would be that if they gave me an eating plan I would weigh heavier after one week.
    I am not losing any weight at the moment and I’m doing a combination of low carb/TRE but I admit I need to be far stricter and up my walking. Anyway, I hope you get some answers from your research and I am very impressed with your extended fasts. Have they made a difference to your weight loss? My longest fast was 42 hours a couple of years ago and I don’t remember it having any impact on weight loss. I know that cells renew etc and it’s good to give our bodies a break so it’s something I am considering doing when I am feeling better.

on

Hello everyone. We are at the end of our journey already! I’m happy to set up another one starting tomorrow if we want to?

Some great results on here but also a lot of us struggling in various different ways. I’ve just been catching up with all your recent posts – for some reason they had stopped coming through to my email over a week ago. I’ve been really busy so didn’t check online – just assumed the thread had gone quiet.

Cathy it sounds like you’re having a really rough time and I hope that you find a way forward re your eating plan. It could be worth seeing a dietician maybe just on a one-off basis so you’re not committed to following their plan (as you said about JGwen, you probably know more than they do) but just to see if they have any fresh insight to offer.

JGwen great to hear from you and I also share the astonishment that you were told by medical staff to drive to hospital with a suspected heart attack!! I hope that the next appointment is constructive and finds a treatment that you have confidence in.

Nokie big hugs and all my sympathy with your dad. As one of my friends said recently to me ” it’s hard parenting the parent”. Hope there is some kind of a breakthrough this week.

And Nokie you mentioned the next bus. I’m happy to set up another one if a few of us want it? I am keen to carry on as this journey has been a wash out for me. I did lose a bit, then put it back on and am precisely back where I started. Busy and stressful times for me too, as my mum has been unwell and has finally decided to move down near us. I’m delighted about that – should have happened years ago really – but obviously now there is a lot to do. There has been a lot of work pressure too, of the losing sleep variety – which is all way above my pay grade tbh. But the good news is that I got the other job I went for so that side of things will all be changing soon as well.

So, I can set up a new thread from tomorrow. Perhaps to run till Easter? Which would be around 5.5 weeks. How does that sound? Any ideas for names much appreciated!!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello dreams come true
    Thanks for your post lovely to hear from you like you I thought it had gone quiet not sue why I didn’t hear either💕
    My dad is much the same but I am trying to keep things going
    I would love a new bus 🚌 journey up to Easter 🐣 if I don’t try and stay in the group I will give up so let’s all stay and keep each other motivated 👍
    Cathy I hope you are feeling bit better now let us know how you are doing and nice to hear from you Jgwen
    Will try and think of new name for us
    Good luck everyone on next bus
    Lv nokie x🤗

• posted by JGwen
    on

Do we need to set up a new topic as the current title doesn’t have any reference to a date within 2023 so could run for another 10 months if we wanted? But then its probably better for those who are doing cycles of Dr MM’s program to decide what works for them. The 8 weeks limit is important for those counting calories and eating lower carb to ensure they don’t reduce their metabolism.

I am a bit of an interloper coming back to catch up with others and gossiping as nowadays I prefer to just break my days into eating and not eating days. I estimate that on the current weekly cycle I am looking at discarding my target amount of fat in 30 weeks.
    I do have a target weight, which comes from plans for equestrian holidays, However, as fasting will mean I have periods of increased growth hormone building stronger bones and muscles its in the lap of the gods if I ever get to my target weight.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi DCT, Nokie,JGwen and everyone.Weighed myself this morning and I’m back to where I started.I’m contemplating not joining the next bus journey as my head still doesn’t seem to be in the right place but,like you say Nokie, I feel I may give up if I don’t so I’m not sure what to do.Will have a think about it today.Maybe a month or so not thinking about food too much may do me good mentally.Hope everyone is ok.Dawn ❤️

on

I have to say it has not been easy, 60 days has turned into 90 because of my bad days, I just don’t count the bad days and as Michael said you will have bad days but the key is to‘get back on the horse’.
    Extreme sciatica with dreadful pain I have to admit does prove to be an incentive for me.
    I started at 19 stone 7 and am now 17 stone 8.
    I really love volume of food and stoke up heavily on things like kalettes fried in balsamic vinegar and herbs with chillis . I must have now been through the herbs and spices in my cupboard half a dozen times. Venison, free range beef, eggs, and the Birds Eye’s steam fresh veggies.
    All I omit are carbs from bread, rice and pasta (I use Aldi/Lidlcauliflour/sweet potato rice)..
    the main thing is don’t beat yourself up over lack of progress, look forward not backwards. We live in a guilt culture and it’s difficult to fight but try to always be positive…

Toodle pip….

on

I have to say it has not been easy, 60 days has turned into 90 because of my bad days, I just don’t count the bad days and as Michael said you will have bad days but the key is to‘get back on the horse’.
    Extreme sciatica with dreadful pain I have to admit does prove to be an incentive for me.
    I started at 19 stone 7 and am now 17 stone 8.
    I really love volume of food and stoke up heavily on things like kalettes fried in balsamic vinegar and herbs with chillis . I must have now been through the herbs and spices in my cupboard half a dozen times. Venison, free range beef, eggs, and the Birds Eye’s steam fresh veggies.
    All I omit are carbs from bread, rice and pasta (I use Aldi/Lidlcauliflour/sweet potato rice)..
    the main thing is don’t beat yourself up over lack of progress, look forward not backwards. We live in a guilt culture and it’s difficult to fight but try to always be positive…

Toodle pip….

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dawn 😀
    Don’t give up I have wanted to many times but this little group always keeps me going I think because we are all this bus 🚌 ride together sometimes things get in the way like last week when my world felt like it was closing the things people said on the bus 🚌 pulled me through it’s so hard on a diet but mm is brilliant and we all know it works I hope you decide to stay on next bus but if not I wish you well
    Lv nokie x❤️

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone xx ive only lost about two or three lbs so far this year!…Yikes and its March tomorrow..I need to give myself a good swishing with wet lettuce and get my act together.
    CCATHY! How are you now shingles wise? Are you better now,i hope so,cant be long til yr holiday now?i think i know how you feel to some extent…it can be confusing,what we need to keep eating/ what not to eat..I have osteoporosis,getting worse, so feel i need to keep up dairy input but at same time worrying about cholesterol being too high. Also i read that broc not good if you have high bp? Which i have,but cripes,surely good old broc cant be harmful …..XX
    NOKIE ,thinking of you and yr family 🙏 yes lets sit tight on the bus til easter ! XX
    HI JGWEN good to see you,you are so clued up,and i learnt from what you wrote 👍 any more news on your heart? My dd currently has tachycardia and is waiting for her cardiologist to decide what he thinks best way forward.,but hes taking his time, and in meantime her hearts going like the clappers…🙄 xx
    DCT please yes,another from tomorrow! Have you any names? JGWEN made a good point,so perhaps we shd go Healthy New Me Part 2? i ‘m ashamed to say that since taking part in our various rides,i have only been successful in one or two of them. But ive stocked up on broc,berries,greek yog etc and im ready to go again tomorrow.
    *Just wd like to mention Aldi ( lots other supermarkets available) they are selling greek style yog now in big 1k tubs,i was staggering to the checkout with 3 of them,then noticed it was greek style not authentic greek,so had to go back to the shelves.
    DAWN stick with Us on the Bus! ,you know it makes sense,just have a quiet back seat,read the comments if and when you feel like,just think “I’ll eat healthy” for now,make sure you get yr protein needs met,have plenty veg,some fruit,go carefully and dont overthink things…we wd miss you if you jumped off all together. I wd be chasing after you with a wet lettuce!
    Heres a great saying for you and for us all..
    🌻🌻SOMETIMES …the smallest step in the right direction can end up being the biggest step of your life! Tiptoe if you must,but take that smallest step ( author unknown ) 🌷🌷
    ABDUL well done,youre doing so well,almost 2 stone down despite setbacks which you havent let defeat you…keep on that horse,clippetty clop! XX
    Pinch punch and white rabbits for 1st March! Love n hugs to all XXXX They say,March ‘ comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb’ so we have better days ahead if we are patient!🌷💕🌻

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Nokie and Yowzer,You are both right, I will stay on the bus for this next trip and see how I get on.I’m not setting any goals, will just trundle along.I have plenty of healthy food in for the rest of the week but may not count my calories at the minute, will just stay low carb and low sugar and stick to TRE.Thank you again for the encouragement.Dawn ❤️

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dawn
    That’s great news 🤗 so pleased you are staying with us on the bus 🚌 that’s a good idea to stay low carb and low sugar you can do this we all can
    Take care and remember nice and slow
    Lv nokie x🙏

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Nokie! Dawn ❤️

on

Hi everyone

Reading through all your comments I’m going to set up a new thread called Healthy New Me – Part 2 (thanks Yowzer for the name and JGwen for the principle). And we can run till the end of April which enables people to fit in an 8-week stint if they want to – with a bit of wiggle room either side.

Hope that’s all ok and see you on the other side!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello dreams come true 😊
    Thanks for setting up new post see you on the 🚌 with fellow passengers here’s to a great 8 weeks
    Lv nokie x👍

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks DCT💜xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all, just checking in quickly because I’m on holidays in outback South Australia and internet is very unreliable!

Thanks for setting up the new thread DCT, I’m in. After this holiday I have the strong suspicion that I’ll need it! Sorry to hear that several are going through difficult times. Best wishes to all of you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.