2017 MINI-GOALS. WHAT ARE YOURS?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pod
    on

Congrats ddraig_goch on your loss and 10 percent gone, hoped you waved bye bye to it!
    Hope your knee is feeling a bit better and your cycling is helping

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Thanks Pod I’m sure my knee is loving not having to haul that 10% around any more and looking forward to the next 10% haha.

Congratulation too on your great loss. glad you were able topic your self up and carry on after your bad day earlier. So many people don’t have the strength of mind to do that and so fall by the wayside at the first hint of trouble.

As for the cycling, it kind of got lost last week but I’m back on track now. Hope you’ve been keeping it up better than I have.

• posted by Mariet
    on

My last two mini goals were to get to 68kg and under BMI 29. After hovering around it for more than 2 weeks,today I’m 69.5 and BMI 28.2! So happy πŸ˜€

68kg is looking achievable!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Congratulations, I am sure 68 kg is very achievable! πŸ˜€ Onwards and downwards!

• posted by pod
    on

Congrats mixnmatch! Well done

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see so many of you posting hitting mini-goals – well done everyone.

I’m trying to settle into not having the comfort of my scales on vacation, but I have designated some new cropped trousers, as my indicator garment, so that if they start to feel snug, I know I have to reign things in. Have been struggling to get g=comfortably into ketosis again, following slipping out about ten days ago. Am keeping a watchful eye on carbs, though, so hopefully things will fall into place again soon.

Will drop in again in a few days to see how folks are doing, but stick with it everyone, those goals are definitely achievable.

• posted by Pendiente
    on

Well done to everyone on achieving mini goals! Mine was to lose 5lb in last week which I did – I’m now 13lb down in just over 2 weeks. I ended up falling of the wagon yesterday though – a bad mood forced me to the pub drinking copious amounts of wine! That led to going out for dinner – however I was very good – I had lamb shank which came with mashed potatoes – didn’t touch them but I did have about 4 or 5 of someone else’s chips! I didn’t bother weighing myself this morning as my husband did and he got depressed about it so I thought I’d give myself till tomorrow and be really good till then and keep carbs under 30g today. I’ve definitely knocked myself out of ketosis though so go to work at getting back.

So I’ve set another mini goal of 7 and a half lb by a week on tuesday which will be our 4 week point. That’ll mean I will have lost 20 and a half lb, which will be 10% of my body weight and be under the next stone mark. I think that its quite a tough goal so really going to get the carbs low and hit the beach for a couple of hours walking a day.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Checking in to report (exult!) that I’ve achieved the mini goal from the end of March and weigh less than my original end goal! It was 68kg and today I am 67.4.
    Next goal is 65 which will be just over 2 stone since starting BSD on 20th Feb and I’m really hoping to get there by the middle of June when I’m away cruising for 3 weeks.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Mariet, how wonderfully well done is that!! Congratulations on these achievements and good thoughts for you with your next set of goalsπŸ™†

• posted by Madmare
    on

This is a great idea

I have had a not particualarly good couple of weeks so mini goal is to lose 3ibs by next Friday 5th May
    Just need to be good and not let the carb monster back in (had a packet of crisps yesterday I have no idea why!)

I have been letting the big goal dishearten me, but by breaking it down it should be acheivable.

Well done everyone its inspiring

• posted by Cara54
    on

On 1st April I decided to get to under 12st by the end of April. That didn’t work. I’ve hovered between 12st 9lbs and 12st 5lbs. Today I weigh 12st 4lbs.
    Next challenge is to lose that 4lbs in the next two weeks, so by 15th May they will be gone forever!!

• posted by Tania D
    on

Starting second week on BSD, 64.4kg. My mini goal would be to weigh 59.9kg by the end of May. πŸ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It seems that this thread has fallen into disuse in the last month, but I though I would give it a kick start again and see if anyone else jumps on board.

Tania D – did you get to your mini-goal of 59.9kg by the end of last month? Madmare – what happened with those 3lb? And Cara54, can you see 12st4lb in the rear view mirror yet?

Having returned from a long break in Turkey and London and having gained more than I would have liked in the nine week period – 4.4lb – I am back to the full on BSD from today and looking to get rid of it all (and if at all possible a pound extra) by early September. That might seem a ridiculously long time to achieve that goal, but as a slow loser, I’m not going to be complacent about the task ahead.

Anyway, to begin with, I’m setting myself a mini-goal of dropping half my gain – 2.2lb – by 12th July. This allows for a couple of family w/e’s scheduled along the way. Really keen to start to see results again and will be reporting in.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi SunnyB. This thread appears to have fallen out of use which is a shame. A lot of people now post on the 4 week challenge thread. I think there’s a new one starting today.
    I have finally seen the back of 12st. It’s taken a lot longer than I thought. Yesterday morning I was at 11st 13lbs. I’ve had to go very low carb and do a lot of fasting to get there. Last week I managed 40hours which I’m pleased with. I’m trying again today see how it goes. 13 hours in already!!
    I hope you enjoyed your holiday and are all ready to start again. Even if it takes time as long as you’re going in the right direction that’s the most important thing.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi SunnyB yes this thread has fallen by the wayside. I started the thread back at the end of December 2016 but have to confess I’ve been a very poor poster. Well done for not gaining more over the nine weeks.

I’m away at the moment so my next goal is really basic. I’ve gained 3.2lbs in the last week, my first away, so my goal is to stand still for the next three weeks. If I lose a little that would be great.

I’ve not been logging and have been eating some crisps, had an affrogato yesterday and wine everyday!!! So I know where I’m going wrong and I just have to put it right.

I also join the 4 week challenges. I think I started the first one way back because I find 4 weeks in one go less daunting than 8 but then I find 1 week boosts even better!

So yes let’s hope we do get more travellers on this thread.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Now I have seen this thread again I will have to sit down and have a serious think about what I want to achieve over the next 8 weeks. Starting the Fast 800 again (started last week) but not really thought about goals. Also I had my 3 monthly blood test this morning so I will wait to see the results which I expect to be slightly worse than last time due to life getting in the way. Will post when I have had a thunk.

on

Okay so I have had my blood test results and I am fairly happy with them as I could have done a lot more damage. HbA1c is 5.6 (was 5.4), cholesterol is 4.4 (was 3.9) so they are 2 markers I want to get back down. A 3 month goal would be to have reduced insulin below 20 units and still have a result of 5.4 ish, cholesterol to be back down under 4.0. I want to lose 10lbs by 10the August which is 8 weeks away so I think that is possible. That will take me down to 70 kilos or 11 stone. So here I go.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Hi SunnyB. Thanks for inspiring me to start posting again. Starting the FAST800 again today a couple of lb up from where I left off but since I have been unable to exercise and have been trying out converting non BSD recipes to BSD (which naturally are higher fat and more calorific as the carbs get replaced by all the good things in life such as fat (eg almond flour instead of ordinary flour), I’m OK with that.

My aim is to lose 30lb over the next 100days (14wks) so my first mini goal is to stick below 800cals for the next 2 weeks and get back into logging everything I eat.

I’m also going to get back into taking the dog out twice a day going a little bit further each time until we are back to our normal routes over the next 2 weeks. There, I’ve committed to it now – must go and find his lead…..

• posted by Cara54
    on

So much for my 40 hour fast. I made scrambled eggs this morning at work. Too much for the number of people so that was the end of that!! Started again at 4pm. My goal got the rest of June is to lose 6lbs and check in more often.

Good luck to everyone else.

• posted by SoulfulSunflower
    on

Hi, haven’t posted on here before…and need to focus and keep my motivation up.

Where I’m at: I’m coming towards the end of my first three weeks on BSD – started at 236lb on 2 June – lost loads in the first week, hit that hormonal time of the month and despite being really quite good I lost loads in the first 10 days (basically 10 lb), have weighed (me and food) and logged on MyFitness Pal every day, no more than 1000kcal on any day apart from this Mon when I was pretty fed up (still only 1500 – and for my body weight etc 2000kcal would maintain)…and for the last 9 days I’ve just been fluctiating between 225.2 at the lowest, and 228.6. Was below 800 and had 10g only carbs yesterday so hoping now hormones should even out and given the kickstart it will start falling off again. I have about 7st to lose!

So…!

Mini-goals:

1. Get below 16st by holiday on 13 July (lose 3-4 lb depending on how much I believe the scales) – but ideally would love to lose half a stone
    2. Yesterday was exactly 14 weeks til my 40th birthday, so even if I lost just 1lb per week I’d be down to 15 something which would be good. But my dream really would be 13.13 or lower, which is what I was when I embarked om Weightwatchers back in 2003 and lost 4.5st for our wedding and in our first year of marriage – what is realistic though???

Any suggestions for other mini goals? (I’m not diabetic so no blood results)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My advise is one min-goal at a time. Yes, we all have aspirations and targets beyond those, but to help to keep focused and not to feel overwhelmed by them, having just one mini-goal o get to at a time, helps to keep that feeling of ‘it can be done’ to the fore.

So probably best to hit your first goal of 3-4lb (or a little more), have your holiday, relax and enjoy …… and then set yourself a new mini-goal from there. If you really must have another mini-goal right now, take a look at any areas of the BSD you could improve on – e.g. increasing hydration, walking more or increasing exercise.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope that you are successful and will be reporting great results soon.

• posted by Cara54
    on

I agree with SunnyB. One goal at a time is enough and losing 3-4lbs in 3 weeks is a good place to start. Everyone is different and you need to find what works for you and stick with that. Good luck.

• posted by JCH187
    on

My first goal since starting back is to be 6lbs lighter and under 16st by 18th July, which is my birthday. I’m hoping it will be more than that but that’s my first mini goal πŸ™‚

on

I dont think there is a problem with more than one goal. I look like I have 4 but in fact 3 of them are related and will all rely on each other, that is my blood test results. My second on is a weight loss and will also impact of the others i.e. less weight lower cholesterol. I agree you dont want too many diverse goals or to difficult or too long term . These are meant to be mini goals.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

It was a long, slow, frustrating month of plateaus and ups and downs even though I never, ever go off-plan, but I have finally achieved my mini-goal of getting my BMI out of the obese category. At 5’2″ and 155 pounds, I am officially overweight. πŸ˜€

Twenty pounds until my next mini-goal of entering the only distantly recalled healthy BMI range. I won’t risk the ire of the fickle weight loss deities by putting a time on it. The days of me easily and steadily losing 3-4 pounds a week are over now that I’m just 30 pounds from my final goal. It’s a good thing, I know, because it means I’m not carrying 200 excess pounds anymore, but it can mess with your head something fierce.

Anyway, nothing but positivity and encouraging success in this thread. Bye bye, obesity. Don’t let the door hitya where the good Lord splitya.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Lol! Bes sign off ever! Congrats on reaching overweight! and I know it won’t be long before you are at your perfect bmi.
    Xxx

• posted by Mmjay17
    on

To get started with the Mediterranean Plan and feel more comfortable in my summer holiday clothes.

• posted by Verano
    on

I didn’t make my last mini-goal of standing still to the end of my holiday last Sunday. I ended with a 5.6lb gain but have lost 3.4lbs of that in the first two days back on BSD. Obviously water not fat! Anyway just 2.2lb to get me back to pre-holiday weight.

So…….
    Mini-goal 1. 2.2lbs to get back to pre-holiday weight.
    2. 2lbs to get me back to my lowest weight on BSD.
    3. The biggy ….. 13.6lbs to get me ‘match fit’ for my pre-op in mid August. This one is a tall order but will give it a shot.

Hope everyone is achieving their goals.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ok so first mini-goal achieved. I’ve lost my holiday gain plus 0.8lbs of goal 2. Just 1.2lbs to get back to my lowest BSD weight. So feeling quite pleased with myself.

Then the ‘biggy’ but I’ll deal with the next tiny one first!

Hope everyone is doing well.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

As of this morning I weigh 133.7lb, BMI of 24.5. It feels … strange. Happy strange, but strange. I don’t know if I’m going to continue to aim for 120 lb. My upper body is getting a kind of skeletal, with clavicles and sternal ribs that stick out really noticeably. My waist measurement is 30 inches and I’d really like to get it down into the 20s. I just don’t know if it’s possible because I have a fair amount of loose skin and my waist has been the slowest measurement to drop over the past year. Bust is now 34, hips 36.

I think I’ll pare down my next mini-goal to get into the 120s weight-wise, and my ultimate goal to get below 30 inches in waist measurement.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Excellent results, Esnecca!

Seems you are planning to drop a few more pounds and maybe an inch or so more on your waist. I guess none of us are accustomed to actually seeing the protrusion of bones on our frame, so it will take a little getting used to. My hips and ribs are certainly more angular than I can remember them being for years. Have a little sagging skin, but not so much that it is a huge concern for someone of my age (61). Your current measurements are much the same as mine actually and my waist measurement has remained unchanged for months now. Not really expecting it to reduce much more.

Having managed to duck a little below my target weight of 8st 7lb, I’m now planning to lose a couple more pounds, to allow me some wriggle room for those occasions when sticking to the BSD properly proves impossible or undesirable.

Think we can both manage a little more, if you’re up for it.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Esnecca, that’s awesome! So impressive, but then I know from your other posts you’ve thrown yourself into this, so I stand inspired!

On reducing waist, I don’t how you are in terms of time/inclination for exercise but I go to the gym twice weekly (with a PT) and have picked up some top tips. Under the fats I am made of steel (! I wish!) I do weights and really enjoy them and in particular the back exercises have improved my posture and hold everything in. I do various vile abs things, but my PT limits then to three exercises 20 reps each, using different parts of the abs – about 10 mins twice a week. He doesn’t believe in overdoing it in other words (I spend way more time on legs and back!)

Anyhow, you may not want/like/ be in a position to do this but you’ve been so helpful to me I thought I’d answer on something I know about!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’m totally up for it, SunnyB. My mindset is still focused on that 120 lb goal which according to Google is 8st 7lb, so we’ve got the same target. I’m just dividing it up into shorter segments. If my waist measurement remains at 30 even at goal weight, I can accept that. The bones are something else, aren’t they? I can feel the outlines of my pelvic cradle! When I weighed 120 lbs in high school and college there was no protruding pelvis, I assure you.

JackieM, I am very much inclined towards exercise and I have the time. I walk 15,000-20,000 steps a day and do light weight training at the end of each walk. I also do some basic Pilates mat exercises, maybe 10 minutes at most, and a couple of different planks (35 seconds for the standard, 10 seconds for the side planks). What kind of vile ab things does your PT recommend? I’ve done all of this on my own so I would love to benefit from your experience with a real life professional. Thank you for your suggestions and keep them coming! I am greedy for any and all tips. πŸ˜€

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey Esnecca, my mini goal for next week is to go to France (today) and find you the vile ab exercises either on the Internet or find a way to describe them. Pete the Personal trainer will probably send me a link, he’s a lovely man. So watch this space, as I am about to start harassing the troops to get ready and can’t think properly about the abs!

I am going to throw some back ones in too as I think they are the holy grail!

I’m going back to Pilates in September, having found a new amazing teacher. The old amazing teacher went to Cornwall five years ago (rude!) the new one does Nordic walking, I’m giving that a go too. Tried it once so far, loved it, it uses upper body too. Her top tip even without poles, is the keep arms straight and slightly behind you as this forces shoulders to work. Also to roll through your foot from mid heel to toe when you walk.

Will pass on what I learn and I will def. send you ab exercises when I get a minute (when rest of family is on a Via Ferrata maybe!)

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

I was reading up on ab exercises yesterday or the day before, and it turns out my long standing favourite dead easy exercise is actually the best!!

Basically, whatever position you are in, straighten your back, pull your shoulders back and your stomach in! Hold as long as you can. My cue to do this was (and is again now that the movement is noticeable again), whenever I notice or remember my tummy sticks out! Obviously this doesn’t remove the fat, but when it’s gone, my tummy should be already pre-toned. πŸ˜€

(I also do some dead bug stuff as part of my mini workout.)

As for mini goals, I give a little whoop every time I reach a new (2lb) notch down on my scales. πŸ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

hello again, Esnecca:

This is the second time in 2 days that I’ve found your posts extremely interesting. I hope you won’t find it intrusive
    to refer to the discussion you were having with SunnyB yesterday regarding the appearance of bony parts of
    the body. Most people here start out with 2-3 stone to lose. You and I are at 167lbs(?) and 142 lbs, respectively, so
    there are few discussions on how this degree of weight loss manifests itself. I’m observing with somewhat strange
    detachment, clearly defined ribs and pelvic bones, and it seems different in terms of how I’ve looked in the past at a similar
    weight. The only conclusion I’ve come to is that very low carb redefines the body because it is so efficient at fat burning.
    I’m rather surprised by it. I’m 68 (though feel about 40), 5’7″, BMI 22.4, and have a slender to medium frame. I, too,have
    a good deal of loose skin, but my face has somehow avoided this fate. In high school and college I weighed a consistent
    123 lbs, regardless of what I ate. You mentioned you were thinking of setting your goal to the 120lbs. you weighed in
    college. What I’ve tried unsuccessfully to determine is how to subtract the amount of weight in loose skin we know we
    possess. Do you have any thoughts on this? I’m thinking that going too low might be a case of diminishing returns if we
    attempt these goals, as we may end up looking too thin. This is rather embarrassing to admit, but I’ve lost pretty
    much all breast tissue, and the only remedy for it has been a mastectomy type bra. I’m not a remotely vain woman,
    but it’s oddly traumatic to be missing this body part. πŸ™‚ It’s all rather strange, and will take some getting used to,
    I think. I find it almost surreal to be fitting into size 6/8 trousers, from a size 3X. Thanks for the Whole Foods info.
    I will be following up on it! Your thoughts would be much appreciated on the above, I appreciate your bringing the
    subject up. Starting weight: 285lbs. Current weight: 143.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Allie

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Not even remotely intrusive, Allie. I’m glad to chat about this with someone who has lost a similarly huge amount of weight (as of this morning it’s officially 171.2, but the real figure is probably 20 pounds more than that). We have so much in common! My face looks fine, not jowly or saggy at all like I feared it would be. Even my neck is okay, with only a very slight turkey waddle that you can’t see except in profile.

I have thought long and hard on the issue of how to measure the skin vs. fat issue, and so far have come up with no solution. Can the calipers they use at the gym to calculate body fat tell the difference between an inch of skin and an inch of fat? They might be able to because the skin is so much less dense. I know regular body fat scales can’t. I’m going to ask the doc at my next checkup if there’s some fancy machine that can do the trick, but I doubt it. I’ve watched many extreme weight loss shows (I’m obsessed with Skin Tight, for obvious reasons) and they don’t seem to have any concrete idea of what the skin weight is until they cut it off and pour it onto a scale. So nasty, but fascinating.

My breasts are deflated as all git out too, but a push-up bra seems to be doing the trick at the moment. There’s nothing to be embarassed about, by the way. I see my crazy fatless boobs and punched-down-dough belly as battle scars. As much as they bug me, in the end they are evidence of accomplishment. Not pretty, but powerful.

I had to exchange a medium shirt I bought just a couple of weeks ago for a small the other day. It was surreal.

on

Mini goal, HbA1c test in 10 days, want it to be same as before at 5.9 (know it wont be better), appointment with doctor in 12 days want weight to be same or less than last appointment 3 months ago – was 74.2kg. Cannot bear his disappointment when I gained some last time and it makes him doubt this diet. Although he is mainly supportive as he has seen all my numbers come down and down (BG, Cholesterol, blood pressure and weight) at the first sign of a glitch he jumps on it even though things are not as bad as they were a year ago. Not this time thank you very much.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Esnecca – I’m filled with gratitude for your reply to my post. You just don’t know the extent to which we ARE very similar!
    I didn’t weigh myself for 17 years, and didn’t know exactly where I began in June 2016. I didn’t weigh myself for
    the first 2 months, and when I did, I was rewarded with a plateau for 18 days. Dug in, reduced carbs to <20, and was
    rewarded with a weight loss like yours. I did ask my internist about 4 months ago if he had an opinion as to where
    I should halt the weight loss. He considered my question, and then replied that I should stop at 150lbs, since loose
    skin probably accounted for 10-15 lbs. I’ll be very interested to hear what contribution your dr. might offer.
    I, too, have watched “Skin Tight”. I think the prerequisite for appearing there and receiving the skin removal surgery
    is a willingness to expose your body to the scrutiny of the cameras. The recovery period seems painful and protracted,
    and I think I would pass on it. We know the profile well though, don’t we? Let’s figure out where we will end up, together!
    I want to offer up this anecdote, for I just know you will appreciate it…..Several nights ago I was dressed in my nightshirt
    laying in bed on my side, elevating my body on my right elbow, and reading thru the forum. I glanced down to move
    the curser, and what did I see resting on my bicep? A golf ball size clump of wrinkly flesh that used to be my right breast,
    that had fallen out of the armhole of my nightshirt! I choose to laugh and move on. No physical indignities compare
    to the benefits of feeling great, do they?
    In my excitement to find that you were in a similar state as I, I momentarily forget that I was on the 2017 mini goal
    thread. So I will offer up this micro mini goal. If and when I lose the next .5lb, I will have lost 50% of myself. There is
    a certain symmetry there that appeals to me. You have passed that marker already, though. Maybe try maintenance
    after, but I haven’t decided yet. Thanks so much!
    Allie

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey Esnecca

As promised some of the abs exercises I do.

Lie on floor, knees up so when you lie down your back is fully on the floor. Sit up, then slowly back down until you reach the ‘biting point’. Shoulders should be well off the floor at this point. Slowly bring one knee into tummy, then slowly back out and onto floor. Then the next leg, continue alternate legs for 20 (10 per leg). Sounds easy, hurts if you are doing it right.

Russian ball. Back to the old biting point. Take feet off ground. Twist whole of upper body to right and touch floor by your bum (or further back if you can) and then over to the left. 20 reps (10 each side). Easier if you are holding a weight in the sense of actually touching the floor, harder in terms of doing it (obvs).

Back to biting point, with feet on the floor, knees up again. With shoulders just off floor, make a circular motion with your upper body, so out to left, up to sit up, back down, out to right, back to start position. Shoulders do not touch floor until the end. 20 reps.

Sit ups – but really slowly, going through every vertebrae as per Pilates. Knees up for this too. 20 reps

Reverse sit-ups. Lie on floor, legs in air, raise backside. Arms can be on floor for support, I find in air helpful, or holding something behind. 20 reps. When you get good at this you get to twist i.e. Do it to one side then the other.

That’s all I can think of now. I only do three exercises as session. Pete is keen to overdo abs, as it can be a bit counter productive if you do.

Hope at least some of these are new to you! X

• posted by JackieM
    on

Oh, PS Esnecca, the third one you alternate the circles. And pete is keen NOT to overdo abs. doh!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Wow, Allie, our journeys have been parallel going back almost two decades! We’re like weight struggle twins. πŸ™‚

I Googled the skin/fat question and found a wide range of answers. This thread compiles a bunch of statistics from people who have had skin removal surgery and the weight removed ranged from a single pound to 25: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4094586/How-much-does-that-loose-skin-weigh/ . My conclusion is that there is no standard way to assess the difference and we have to play it by ear. Like you, I would never in a million years agree to be on a show like Skin Tight where the price of surgery is your nationwide humiliation (slow motion video of people running in shorts, thigh skin flapping in the wind? that’s just mean) and exposure of your deepest insecurities. I might consider the surgery itself, but that would be far in the future. The recovery period doesn’t daunt me. My biggest concerns would be the abilities and finesse of the surgeon and the exorbitant cost.

I’ll trade you your hilarious golfball breast story for my brutal feline rejection story. My cat stalked over to have a sit on my lap, put on foot on my slidey thigh and quickly retracted it. She tried again and even though this time I flexed my quadricep (which is actually decently developed because I’ve done light weight training for a year and a half) thinking that would firm up the surface to her satisfaction, she decided it was still way too seismically active and sat on my shins instead. Is there any living creature more ruthlessly insensitive than a cat? πŸ˜€

Right, mini-goal. I had a woosh of epic proportions this weekend so as of this morning I weigh 129 lbs. Waist measurement remains unchanged, of course.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Jackie, thank you (and your PT) so much for the detailed list of ab exercises. I have printed them out and will do every one tomorrow. I’m so excited to give them a try. There is enough overlap with Pilates that I feel confident I can hack them. Thanks again!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Posting a mini-goal for the next week – hoping to drop a pound to give me 2lb wriggle room up to my target weight. Think this should be doable, although we are away this coming w/e and will have at least one meal out over that period – I will be choosing judicially though.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, Esnecca;

Yes, our similarities are pretty profound. Now if you were to tell me that your weight gain occurred following a diagnosis
    of Lyme Disease, and that you were a New Englander as well, I might actually levitate out of my chair! Thanks for the
    link, I look forward to reading it. Congratulations on getting inside the 120’s. I won’t wish you good luck on reaching your ultimate goal of 120lbs, for there isn’t a shadow of a doubt in my mind that you will achieve it. This way of living could possibly be the
    most empowering thing I’ve ever done. On the strength of your recommendation, I’ve just placed an order with goldmine
    natural foods – looking forward to receiving it. I’ve truly enjoyed chatting with you, and I’ll be following your posts on other
    threads. Thanks for the inspiration, and the cat story. Felines definitely have our number!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Esnecca, that is a wonderfully funny story about your cat! I laughed out loud!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

It was PCOS in my case, not Lyme disease, but I am a born and bred New Englander. πŸ˜€ Enjoy your Gold Mine product. Did you get the garlic sauerkraut? I keep that stocked in my house at all times. Also their dried sea vegetables combination makes the best seaweed salad.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Esnecca and AllieCat – your stories remind me that last time I was not overweight the only thing I didn’t like was how hard chairs suddenly became! I did slightly miss my well upholstered rear! Show you should be careful for what you wish for.

Your stories are very heartening, you both sound teeny tiny to me, which shows I need to reset my mindset about what is normal. I’m only 5’3″.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey – BSD twins Esnecca and Alliecat, both your stories made me laugh out loud!πŸ˜› Thank you.

Jackie – I think most of us would happily live with uncomfortable chairs in exchange for the removal of our blubber – there are always cushions if necessary😜

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Jackie, Theodora, the butt thing took me by surprise. I had no idea how much it could hurt just to sit down. I thought even a pancake butt would have some defense in the form of gluteal muscles but those bastards do nothing! I had to shimmy and adjust every two seconds driving to the store the other day because it was so uncomfortable, and that was in a nice padded and upholstered bucket seat. You can imagine I don’t do much sitting on my hard, glossy wooden dining room chairs anymore. I told my guy we’re getting custom memory foam cushions as thick as phone books or we’re tossing the whole set out. Won’t somebody please think of my ass?! πŸ˜€

Californiagirl, yesterday I tried to entice my cat by putting her favorite blanket over my lap and tucking it under my legs so it was nice and taught. She was not deceived. One little test prod with her paw and she decided to sit on my armrest instead. So hurtful. I don’t judge her fuzzy bloomers and sausagey midsection, do I? No. I do not. But she certainly feels free to make her opinions known about my thighs and the reviews are not at all positive.

Please log in or register to post a reply.