1st June 2016 Sandie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have bought pretty new underwear and two new swimsuits for my holiday in Portugal. How will I manage with food and drink?! Who knows? I am home for the Bank Holiday so I am going to be very very good with food and alcohol in the meantime.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I was just writing a lovely message and have now lost it.
    Suffice to say, holiday tomorrow. Today’s weight 11st 2lb a new low for me. What will happen to it whilst away??????

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have been on holiday. I went away weighing 11st 2lb and I came home weighing 11st 2lb. Remarkable. I did have alcohol. I kept to very low carbs. Very little exercise but every day walked. OH lost a lb. We had a very relaxing time.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Today I only have one thing to say,”11 stone.”

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done Sandie! Keep going and keep us posted.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Thank you SunnyB ๐Ÿ™‹

• posted by Sandie
    on

Today, at a funeral, an overweight family member said,”Oh Sandie, your doing well with your diet. Are you going to stop now? You don’t want to go too far.”
    I politely walked away from the negative vibes.

• posted by Sandie
    on

On Monday I weighed under 11st. 10st 13 lb. Last evening I ate late and for some reason after that I snacked on crackers hence this mornings weigh in is 11st 2lb.I am not surprised and I don’t like it. This is the first time that I have had a binge type snack this year. I am back in line and I shall not eat until about 11 and therefore have a decent mini fast.
    This evening I will be going to a quiz that includes a fish and chip supper so during today I will get some activities in although I am somewhat limited because of my painful hip. When it is suppertime I shall only have half the chips and no batter. As dessert is a choc ice I will take a pear for me. Plan made.

• posted by Avila
    on

Can you avoid the chips totally tonight? I was at an event where it was fish and chips as you ordered but could order mushy peas as well so I had the fish and the peas (ok they are processed, but better than the potato) do you have any options like that? In fact everyone with chips left lots as even the ‘small’ chip portion was huge.

Eating late will impact your morning read as digestive track potentially still dealing with it so some of that extra may not be staying….

• posted by Sandie
    on

Thank you for your advice Avila, We didn’t get choices. I loved the fish and had some of the batter and about a third of the chips washed down with 2 glasses of wine. I was one of the helps so was on my feet from 6:30 until gone 10 pm. I had walked there and helped with clearing away the tables and chairs etc. So all in all a busy evening. Today I weighed the same so nothing ruined.
    Onwards and downwards.

• posted by Avila
    on

Well all that walking and working will have burnt it off…. You must feel exhausted though.

• posted by Sandie
    on

My current weigh ins are a celebration. I weigh 11st 2, or 1 or 11st and have even had one weigh in at 10st 13lb. I have learnt that for a while I hover in a weight range and that is up and down by two or three pounds over the week and is nothing to worry about. Soon the range will be in the high 10st ‘s now that is something to look forward to.
    If I had been going to a slimming club with weekly weighing s I would be shamed at “that’s another pound on”, ” What have you been eating?” “You must see me at the end of class so we can discuss where you are going wrong”.
    It is normal to weigh within a small range. I celebrate that I don’t weigh around 13st 7lb like I did Christmas 2015.
    This Christmas, 2016, I will be in a range that starts with 10st.

I won’t listen to my OH and his nasty (he thinks they are funny) comments. When I told him that I am 11st 2lb today he said, ” Well you had better go and get all those clothes of yours back from the charity shop”. Sometimes I just hate how he can say stuff without consideration. Why couldn’t he just have told me that being in the low 11 stone suits me or comment on how much I am enjoying having shaply dresses to wear.

I have been buying some brightly coloured dresses from eBay and they show off my shape in a very flattering way. I (think) look like a younger woman. I am healthly although I have a wonky hip.

I have told my OH that what he said about getting my clothes back hurt me but I don’t think that he ‘gets it’. Maybe it is just that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus thing. Maybe he is just thoughtless.

On consideration I know that he is thoughtless but I don’t understand why.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Today I am 10 stone 10lb

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Congratulations Sandie. I have just been reading about your journey. You have done very well.
    I am sorry you have negative comments from your husband, sometimes they don’t like change!
    Its great you feel well and I hope your hip gets sorted soon.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Fairyface thank you for your kind support. I doubt that I will ever change OH with his thoughtless ways but I am gradually changing his shape. He is down a stone and now weighing 17stone 3lb.
    I don’t have bread, cake, biscuits, crisps etc in the house so that helps both of us.
    We had a pub lunch today, I chose a small chicken salad and he had curry, rice and garlic bread, he did leave about half of the rice. He is learning but by bit. I had a pot of tea and he a pint of cider. I didn’t nag.

How are you getting on with your progress Fairyface?

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Bless you Sandie.:-) You have done very well having lunch out, so did your husband leaving some rice. My husband bless him is on the diet with me. But he was reared to always eat what was on the plate so I don’t think he would have left anything! We also have no bread (only those bake at home rolls incase our son pops in at lunch time) no biscuits or crisps. We do have chocolate though for the grandchildren. I have just been in the sweetie box and taken two crunches out for the boys when they came home from school and not even fancied anything for myself. I am so determined to get rid of this fat around my liver! Its weigh day in the morning but I don’t think I have lost much this week but i don’t feel to bad about it. Nothing has passed my lips that is not in the recipe book. Still struggling to drink two litres a day and I suppose if I could increase the fluids the weight would come off quicker. I have said it before but I do feel very positive and so much better. I have a spring in my step as much as I can with arthritic knees. I honestly felt as though I was not going to be around for much longer if I had not found this diet. The support on this site is great. That and the diet go hand in hand for me.
    Onwards and downwards.:-)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just wanted to nip in and say ‘congratulations’ Sandie – 10 stone 10lbs, that’s totally brilliant!!!

Really well done. And congratulations on the small chicken salad in the pub, which shows that you can do the BSD even when out and about.

I think some of OH’s challenges to you are rooted in the fact he would like to lose weight himself but doesn’t want to say so in case anyone calls him on it. Always much more of a challenge to do stuff when you’ve told people you’re going to do it, isn’t it. Embarrassing when you find it difficult and give up. I expect he will lose weight, following your example, and then say something like “oh I did it really easily, I don’t know why Sandie makes such a fuss about it….”

But you don’t have to care. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sandie
    on

1st June 2016 sounds like a long time ago.
    Well I am back. I need to shift getting on for 30 lb.
    I saw the weight creeping on and did nothing. I just thought it was easy to lose it before and I can do it again. Nope it is not that easy if one doesn’t put into practice the principles of this way of eating.
    The days have gone by. Weeks have gone by. Months have gone by. Now just over 3 years later I have got to stop the rot.
    I am doing something. I am cutting the carbs right back. Luckily not too many have sneaked back into the house. There aren’t any breads, crisps, cakes nor biscuits.
    My life style has slowed down. Looking after two 89 year olds and not getting to the gym. I haven’t swum this year. Dog walks have been shorter. The dog has even started to put on weight.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Sandie !
    I wasn’t around on the forum in 2016 but have been here for just over a year and have ‘met’ some amazingly supportive people.If you would like to be part of a more active thread , come and join us on the Weekly ‘ One Week at a Time ‘thread or the September one.
    You certainly have a lot on your plate with commitments to elderly relatives which no doubt means you have less time for yourself but I hope you can fit in some enjoyable activities which make you feel good. All the very best to you xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.